• welcome to
    a disney personified roleplay
  • welcome!
    WE ARE AN ADVANCED, NO WORD COUNT, DISNEY PERSONIFIED ROLEPLAY, SET ON AN ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF MAINE. AFTER AN EARTHQUAKE ROCKS THE ISLAND, THE INHABITANTS ARE STARTING TO GAIN SOME POWERFUL NEW ABILITIES.

please register with first and last names! ex:
    MICKEY MOUSE
    news: 07/01: check out our camp nano event! --- 06/01: with the sun of summer comes a festival celebrating everything artistic! --- 04/01: another april fool's curse means people are ageing up and down! --- 01/31: the super blue blood moon has taken away everyone's powers!
  • stats!
    female
    male
    non-binary
    high school
    university
    local
    new local
  • elias admin
    elias admin
    elias admin
  • JESSIE PRIDE
    MARIE MARMONT
    REMY MULOT, THEO MA &
    SALLY CARRERA

add reply   new topic   new poll

nothing comes that you can't handle, reed and jake
♔SALLY CARRERA
 Posted: Aug 21 2017, 11:03 PM
EVEN HERE, IN HILLBILLY HELL, WE HAVE STANDARDS.
UNIVERSITY STUDENT
22 years
EMOTIONAL SOOTHING & EMOTIONAL RIOTING

Sally really wasn’t sure why she was nervous about this. Maybe it was because she hadn’t mentioned anything about Jake to anyone back home when she’d gone Oatman for a precious few weeks that summer (well, except Flo, but Flo had known since the beginning). But now that Reed was here with her, well, her...whatever she had with Jake wasn’t something she could exactly hide from him. Plus, there was a part of her that was excited for them to meet. Jake had no concept of what Oatman was like, what it meant to her, other than what she’d told him a few brief times. Meeting Reed would give him a better idea, he was a piece of Oatman here on Elias.

She honestly didn’t understand how grateful she would be for his presence until he was there, with her, walking through campus next to her. It was like having a piece of home with her. Reed had always had an uncanny ability to make her smile, a simple way of bringing her joy, and that didn’t change just because their location had. Sally knew he was a bit overwhelmed by Elias, and so she had been trying to help him adjust, and part of that was introducing him to people she thought he could handle and who could handle him well.

Honestly, she wasn’t sure Jake qualified for either of these categories, but their meeting still felt necessary. Maybe that was why she was nervous...what if Jake hated Reed? Though when she looked over at her dear friend walking beside her, Sally couldn’t imagine how.

Holding the door open for Reed as they entered the cafeteria she led the way to the line where they grabbed food. Sally picked a table that was in easy viewing of the front door so that when Jake arrived he’d quickly see where they were sitting. They were a bit early, Sally’s nervousness causing them to rush (okay, she’d rushed, Reed had just gone along with it). As she picked at her food, her eyes glancing nervously towards the door, she asked Reed, “Are you ready for classes to start?”
Tag: REED HARTSFIELD and JAKE KANGAS | Words: 359 | Notes: Let me know if anything doesn't work! Tried to keep it short and partially succeeded

--------------------
Accent: General American
  pm
^
REED HARTSFIELD
 Posted: Aug 23 2017, 04:50 PM
GASPS
university student
26 years
water manipulation & plant empathy

Everything felt so big in Elias. And maybe that was strange, considering it was a small island, and a small town by some standards. But to Reed, he might as well have moved to the big city. The university was bigger than any school he'd ever set foot in; the closest analogue he had to it was one of the hospitals he had been to in his life. At least it definitely wasn't a hospital, and he had Sally here. He had spent some of his first few days somewhat clinging to her - not physically, but following her around and looking to her for reassurance. At least she didn't seem to mind. He hoped she didn't. It was really nice to get to spend time with Sally and see where she had moved.

He had eaten in the cafeteria a few times now, so he was a bit more relaxed as he picked out the foods that looked like he would eat. Mac and cheese was usually a safe bet, and he could make a salad since there was a salad bar. Fruit salad wasn't trustworthy, though, especially since this one was filled with a lot of grapes.

He sat across from Sally, trying to read her expression. He knew he was meeting one of her friends, but she seemed to be acting a bit strangely for just meeting a friend. He smiled softly, considered her question, and nodded a bit, but then signed "nervous" - two open hands shaking near his chest. He really didn't know what classes would be like, and it had been a long time since he'd been in school (aside for a couple community college classes a few years ago). But! He pulled up the textbook he'd started reading for one of his botany classes on his phone, excitedly showing Sally one of the diagrams about leaf structure.

NOTES: I'll get a template on this later, sorry JAKE KANGAS SALLY CARRERA
  pm
^
♔JAKE KANGAS
 Posted: Aug 24 2017, 06:09 AM
Well done, mate
Local
22 years
ENHANCED JUMP and ACCELERATED PROBABILITY

Jake wasn’t nervous exactly. Nervous would suggest that he was worried in some way, or what he wanted to make sure that he made a good impression, or that Reed wouldn’t approve or something else stupid that didn’t fit him and Sally. Jake did kind of hope that Reed didn’t tease him as much as his own friends did, because he was kind of over being teased about Sally and the bet that they had going on, but from what Sally said, that wasn’t very likely.

No, Jake was maybe apprehensive, at most. Reed was obviously very important to Sally, and while Jake didn’t want to impress him in the way a boyfriend might, he also didn’t want to piss any of Sally’s friends off. That just seemed rude and mean, and by all accounts (okay, by one account) Reed was a nice guy who was easy to get along with. Jake liked to think he was the same, so he was sure it would be fine.

The cafeteria had struck Jake as a very neutral place to meet, and then that thought had struck him as a very pointed thought to have, and Jake figured he was just overthinking the lot of it. Even if he hadn’t been looking out for her finding Sally would have been easy, since she was practically sitting right in front of him, and he gave her a little wave, debating whether he should get food first. With a mental shrug, he figured since he had to literally walk past them to get to the line, he might as well say hi first at least, otherwise it just sounded rude.

He slid into the open seat next to Sally with a smile, looking between Sally and Reed. “Hey,” he said to her first, amused as always, before turning to Reed. “Hi, man. You must be Reed,” Jake said, more polite sounding. He stood slightly and held out a hand for Reed to shake. “It’s nice to finally meet you. This one hasn’t stopped talking about you since you decided to come here,” he joked, gesturing towards Sally.

He looked down at her food with interest. “Oh, that looks good, what did you get?” he asked, wondering whether he could just steal off her plate instead.

TAG: REED HARTSFIELD and SALLY CARRERA | WORDS: 381 | NOTES: totally works for me!

--------------------
Accent: Australian
user posted image
Hey babe, I know that we hardly met
And I like that you're playing hard to get
And you're the type that makes me want to do things
That's why I want to make you my new thang
Everyone needs family and an ex-crush and an "enemy" your crush picked over you
  pm   email
^
♔SALLY CARRERA
 Posted: Aug 24 2017, 04:35 PM
UNIVERSITY STUDENT
22 years

Her signing wasn’t perfect, but she’d learned quite a bit to be able to communicate better with Reed when she’d first moved to Oatman. Mostly with Reed she just watched as he signed and responded vocally. Sally wasn’t surprised he was nervous, it was really reasonable, and honestly part of her was nervous for him. “Well, you know I’m always here to help you study,” she reminded him, “and once your professors realize how much you love what you’re studying they’ll appreciate it so much.” She didn’t want to reassure him unreasonably, but she knew Reed could succeed if he was given the chance to. Her eyes were drawn from her constant glancing at the door to the cafeteria to the diagram that Reed was showing her. “Oh, neat!” she exclaimed.

She only noticed Jake coming in because the shaft of light from the open door fell on their table. Sally smiled back when he waved at her, but he surprised her when he came to them first instead of grabbing food. Part of her had hoped he would head straight for the line so she could talk to Reed a bit more and prepare him, but it was too late for that.

A lot of the source of her nerves was realized in the first few seconds of their interactions. She realized now that she hadn’t warned Jake about how Reed was with touch and so she watched with apprehension to see how her friend would respond to Jake’s proffered hand. “Guilty as charged,” she said with a small smile at Jake’s joke, trying to deflect from any awkward pauses. Sally would happily explain if Reed refused the gesture, but she figured it was best if she let him decide on his own first.

She had told Reed who they were meeting the other day, but she hadn’t told him everything, and...well, Sally wasn’t sure she was going to now. That didn’t mean she’d quite figured out what exactly she was going to tell Reed. In the end all that came out was, “This is my...” as always she hesitated over what word to say next even though it wasn't actually that hard, “friend Jake I was telling you about,” before turning to answer Jake’s question. “And, um, they had a special at one of the stations for lamb curry today, it isn’t terrible. Do you want to try some?” she asked. The special meals of the day were always a bit hit or miss, so it was worth offering.
Tag: REED HARTSFIELD and JAKE KANGAS | Words: 422 | Notes: i love them both so much. <3 she just really wants them to liek each other okay

--------------------
  pm
^
REED HARTSFIELD
 Posted: Aug 24 2017, 09:12 PM
GASPS
university student
26 years

Reed showed with a nod and a heartfelt smile that he appreciated Sally's help. He had a feeling he would end up needing her for some of his prerequisite classes, but the power of special interest would likely carry him through his botany classes. He was a little worried about communicating with his professors, and getting through classes. He always had his parents to back him up, but he had started advocating for himself the last few years, and he hoped he would be able to do that here.

He tucked his phone back away as he realized Jake was approaching, and he watched them interact. The change in Reed was noticeable once a stranger entered the mix - he was more closed in on himself, cautious, trying his best to read the situation between the two of them. When Jake offered the hand, Reed instead raised his hand into a little wave and smiled shyly. He really didn't shake hands, not unless he knew a person very well, and most people who knew him well didn't offer it anyway.

In a normal conversation with a stranger, Reed probably would have stopped there, but he knew how important this was to Sally, even if he didn't know why, so he opened up the AAC app on his phone. He pressed the picture for "hello," which the phone then spoke back to Jake. To some, it might have seemed like a roundabout way to speak, but Reed was trying to show some friendliness.

TAG: JAKE KANGAS SALLY CARRERA NOTES: I may never put up a template sorry
  pm
^
♔JAKE KANGAS
 Posted: Nov 11 2017, 06:52 AM
Well done, mate
Local
22 years

Jake had been – well warned wasn’t the right word, way too negative, but Sally had explained a few things about Reed, even told a couple of stories from before she knew Reed was coming (he also had a lot of fun stories about Flo and Ramone, which really just made him want to meet them), so he wasn’t offended when Reed waved. Jake dropped his hand and waved back, giving Reed a kind smile.

That didn’t mean that Jake was a paragon of virtue who knew how to engage Reed in conversation though. He appreciated that Reed said hello to him back, even though his phone in some text to voice program, but he didn’t quite know what he was supposed to do now. Engage him in further conversation? Would that just make it worse and more annoying for Reed to type everything he wanted to say into the phone? Especially if it was small talk?

Thankfully Sally was here to make things less awkward (and honestly also make things easier on Jake). “Yeah, I do, thanks,” he said with a smile, grabbing her fork and a normal (read: large) size bite of the lamb. It was nice, pleasantly spicy, and while nothing to write home about, it was definitely one of the nicer specials that they had in the cafeteria.

“Mmm, not bad, thanks,” he said with a grin, snagging another bite before she could say no. “I miss eating lamb, I don’t feel like I have it as often now. I’m from Australia,” he explained to Reed, while also mentally wondering how much of Sally’s curry he could get away with eating before she just got annoyed with him. “And we’re big on lamb there. We have ads for it. Not, like, for a specific company or anything – just lamb ads. Ads that say you’re unAustralian if you don’t like lamb.” Jake had no clue why he was telling this story, he was maybe panicking just a little bit.

“Do you like lamb?” Jake asked Reed, because he was a smooth, smooth operator.

TAG: REED HARTSFIELD and SALLY CARRERA | WORDS: 345 | NOTES: <3

--------------------
user posted image
  pm   email
^
♔SALLY CARRERA
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 12:52 AM
UNIVERSITY STUDENT
22 years

Sally knew on some level that sometimes she worried unnecessarily about Reed. But, then again, this was true of Jake, and Remy, and Flo, and well...most of her other friends, so maybe it wasn’t surprising. Reed, however, had always been a bit of a special case. She knew him, she knew how wonderful he was, but she wanted everyone else to as well. But she couldn’t guarantee other people’s reactions to him, or his to them. But, for all her worries about Jake’s simple offer of a handshake, it was made abundantly clear within seconds that she shouldn’t have panicked unnecessarily.

Reed just waved, and unsurprisingly Jake took it in stride, waving back, which just made Sally smile. Her smile grew when Reed used his phone to speak to Jake, a look of real fondness stealing across her face. She knew, for him, with new people, that was very friendly, and she knew it was an effort he made mainly for her. She smiled at Reed encouragingly as Jake talked about the cultural institution that lamb apparently was in Australia.

“Yeah, it’s not really very popular here,” she commented, if only to keep the conversation flowing. “I’ve definitely had more lamb here at the Academy than I’ve probably had in my whole life.” And there really weren’t that many lamb dishes. It just wasn’t an option, in her experience, unless you wanted to pay through the nose at a fancy restaurant. She tried to leave room for Reed to answer Jake’s question.

That was, until she looked down at her plate. So caught up in observing their interactions, Sally didn’t realize that Jake was eating a significant portion of her lunch until after his spiel about lamb was over and she caught him taking yet another bite. “Hey!” she said, laughing slightly and making to grab the fork out of his hand. “I said try, not eat my entire lunch. Go get your own if you like it.”
Tag: REED HARTSFIELD and JAKE KANGAS | Words: 329 | Notes: lmk if you need more!

--------------------
  pm
^
REED HARTSFIELD
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 07:23 PM
GASPS
university student
26 years

A small smile appeared on Reed's face when Jake returned the wave. It was a small gesture to some, but it showed an attempt to meet him halfway at least. While he was still more than nervous about this meeting, he relaxed a little bit. It made sense, of course; this was Sally's friend, and so in theory Reed could trust him more than a stranger in a different context. But he still took a bit of a backseat in the conversation.

Eating lamb and being from Australia seemed like two wildly unrelated statements, so the quizzical Reed tried to keep up as Jake explained. Reed really didn't know all that much about Australia, but he was already making a mental note to research more about the kinds of plants that grew there. Native plants had always captured his interest more simply because they were there, but now he had access to all sorts of information, and his thoughts started jumping ahead to what he might want to look up.

He had to stop and back up when Jake asked him about liking lamb. While Reed had never tried lamb, he also never planned to. He stuck to the foods he knew he liked and rarely ventured outside of that. Again, he tapped on the pictures in his app, and this time his phone said, "No. It looks weird." After dropping that brutal honesty, he exited out of the app so he could go into his browser and start searching for plants native to Australia.

TAG: JAKE KANGAS AND SALLY CARRERA
  pm
^
♔JAKE KANGAS
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 06:27 AM
Well done, mate
Local
22 years

Jake had definitely noticed that lamb wasn’t as popular in Australia, but then again, if he asked someone to barbeque some lamb cutlets, he wasn’t even sure anyone would have any idea what he was talking about – maybe it was for the best that they didn’t do much lamb. “Yeah, I actually think you guys eat more turkey than you do lamb,” he noted, thinking back to trips with the grocery store with his aunt when he was a bit younger (and yes, he used to demand familiar foods, even though they were pretty impossible to get). “It’s weird.”

Reed’s comment, even through the tinny voice of the phone app, made Jake snort. He tried to cover it up, looking down and trying to collect himself – was he allowed to laugh? Was he supposed to laugh? He wasn’t sure, but the last thing he wanted to do was offend Reed and/or Sally. He looked up after a second and shrugged. “Well, yeah, it does. But I think that’s more of the preparation of it at this place,” he said, gesturing with his head to the cafeteria line, “than the meat itself. Properly prepared, it’s delicious.” He paused, shrugging. “But strong tasting. Stronger than beef, anyway.”

(Why was Jake still talking? Why had Sally not stopped him from continuing to talk about lamb? This was all her fault he decided.)

She did ‘let’ him eat some of her lunch though, so maybe Sally could be forgiven. Jake let her grab the fork from his hand, grinning winsomely at her as she scolded him. “I can’t try in just one bite Sally,” he pointed out, trying to sound reasonable (and sounding too amused to pull it off). “Besides, why would I get my own when yours is right here in front of me and nearby?” He couldn’t help but add a flirtatious note to his voice – honestly Jake never even realised he was adding it, at least not when he was chatting to Sally.

“I should go grab something, though,” he added, because otherwise he wouldn’t and then he’d just be annoying hungry. “You guys need anything else?” he asked them both.

TAG: REED HARTSFIELD and SALLY CARRERA | WORDS: 360 | NOTES: <3

--------------------
user posted image
  pm   email
^
♔SALLY CARRERA
 Posted: Jul 3 2018, 03:11 AM
UNIVERSITY STUDENT
22 years

Talking about her lunch and by extension lamb was maybe not the most exciting of topics but she could tell Reed was interested, or at least confused enough to pay attention while he talked. Sally almost laughed at Jake’s confusion about their consumption of turkey, “Yeah, we definitely do. Though that’s probably mostly because of Thanksgiving, though I’m not sure why we eat them then...maybe turkeys are native to here and sheep aren’t?” she suggested, not really sure of the validity of what she was saying. “But, either way, I’m pretty sure you guys are the weird ones.” They definitely were, but she knew Jake wasn’t about to agree with her on that.

She was fairly sure Reed had never actually tried lamb, Flo didn’t serve it and Jake was right about it being uncommon. Still, the fact that he’d already formed a strong opinion about lamb didn’t surprise Sally, in fact the comment just elicited a smile from her. She listened as Jake talked on about the weirdness of the lamb he had just spent a significant amount of time eating. Sally was pretty sure he was slightly uncomfortable, but she didn’t rush to relieve him, mostly because she didn’t think she had to. She was pretty sure Reed would just file away Jake’s information somewhere and not even notice the discomfort. Sally only did because she knew him well enough, he was good at playing it off.

“It definitely tastes better on its own,” Sally commented with a shrug when Jake had finished. She hadn’t had a lot of lamb before, but she was fairly sure she was right about that. “But it still looks pretty different from something like beef, so...” she said, adding a bit of credibility to Reed’s reaction.

With her fork recaptured Sally finally took another bite of her lunch, laughing and rolling her eyes at Jake’s comments. “Uh huh,” Sally said skeptically, barely concealed amusement behind the utterance. “A napkin?” she requested when he asked if they needed anything, before adding with a grin, “and the guarantee that I can eat at least...half your lunch, you know, in the interest of fairness.” Then, turning to Reed she asked, “Reed? Anything?”
Tag: REED HARTSFIELD and JAKE KANGAS | Words: 362 | Notes: lmk if you need more!

--------------------
  pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options     add reply   new topic   new poll

• c
  • b
  • o
  • x
administratormoderator
BE RESPECTFUL AND NO SPAMMING!
join us on discord!
remote cbox