• welcome to
    a disney personified roleplay
  • welcome!
    WE ARE AN ADVANCED, NO WORD COUNT, DISNEY PERSONIFIED ROLEPLAY, SET ON AN ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF MAINE. AFTER AN EARTHQUAKE ROCKS THE ISLAND, THE INHABITANTS ARE STARTING TO GAIN SOME POWERFUL NEW ABILITIES.

please register with first and last names! ex:
    MICKEY MOUSE
    news: 07/01: check out our camp nano event! --- 06/01: with the sun of summer comes a festival celebrating everything artistic! --- 04/01: another april fool's curse means people are ageing up and down! --- 01/31: the super blue blood moon has taken away everyone's powers!
  • stats!
    female
    male
    non-binary
    high school
    university
    local
    new local
  • elias admin
    elias admin
    elias admin
  • JESSIE PRIDE
    MARIE MARMONT
    REMY MULOT, THEO MA &
    SALLY CARRERA

add reply   new topic   new poll

Productivity At Its Finest, Mark - Heather
DOROTHY MURIDAE
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 10:16 PM
Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat
University Student
26 years
Hibernation and Time Stop

Memories do not Open
Despite the fact that Dorothy was a TA for the English department, the majority of her time was spent working with one of her best friends Mark. She didn't know whether it was because Mark always requested her or because the other professors in the department didn't want her. She was prone to falling asleep on the job after all. Either way didn't really bother Dorothy though as she was perfectly happy working with Mark. They always had fun together after all even when they were supposed to be being productive.

When they had to do any kind of work the two always had to start off with a cup of tea. A nice cup of tea could be very calming and would help most people focus for the task at hand. Mark and Dor were not most people however. Any time they were having tea there was always going to be a debate about what kind of tea they should have. Not a simple debate either when you were as passionate about tea as they were. It would take at least twenty minutes to decide. Over thirty if they were also deciding what biscuit to pair with it.

Of course once the decision was made it took another twenty minutes for them to drink the tea. Because they didn't just gulp it down like animals. They savored every sip and enjoyed themselves. Then and only then could they actually start working. How long they were usually able to be productive for varied. Average was about twenty minutes, but that average was substantially lowered if Hatter was there with them. In fact you could virtually guarantee that they would not get more than ten minutes of work done over hours of time.

Today Dorothy only got ten minutes into grading a paper before she sighed and dropped her head down on the desk. "Mark switch papers with me. This one is making me even sleepy then usual. The rambling is real bad."

tag: MARK LEVERETT • Yay • outfit

--------------------
user posted image
  pm
^
♔MARK LEVERETT
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 08:06 AM
If you don't think, then you shouldn't talk
Local
32 years
LAGOMORPH PHYSIOLOGY and MADNESS EMPOWERMENT

“Ooooh,” Mark said as soon as Dor spoke up, leaning forward and making grabby hands at the offered paper. “Yes please! I would do anything for something rambly,” he said with a groan.

It was true – Mark was one of those people who actually liked a paper with overly long sentences and a ridiculous amount of prepositions – because it actually gave him something to do. Even though he rarely taught straight linguistics, since he was a bit more junior on faculty, he thought that it was his duty to bring linguistics to everything he taught and corrected; it was the core of the English language after all, and a good essay couldn’t be written unless you had a good grasp on linguistics, at least in Mark’s opinion.

It wasn’t a bad thing when people came into college already knowing that kind of stuff, but it did disappoint Mark a little. He was a teacher after all, he wanted an opportunity to teach people (and also maybe tell them that they were wrong, but that was just a part of teaching for him). He just didn’t find those kinds of papers interesting to mark – interesting to read maybe, but at the end of the day it wasn’t his job to read them so much as rank them and assign them a grade, and that was just more fun on the other side of the bell curve for him.

“This one here?” he said, holding out a paper of his own to Dor, “is great. Like, actually well written, within the word count, good structure, everything that you want. It’s terrible please correct it for me.” Mark liked to think this was a good sign of them playing to their own strengths and complimenting each other well.

“I don’t think it needs many corrections, just a grade, you can handle that.” Technically they were supposed to cross-grade with something high up on the curve, but Mark had read most of it and knew it was going to get a high grade, so he figured the exact number didn’t matter as much. Whether he could give the paper a 91 or Dorothy would give it an 89 or however they did it, really didn’t matter.

“Okay, now for the actual important question,” he stated to her, once he had his rambly paper in hand. “What colour pen?” He held up his two options – one a bright pink and the other a sparkly blue. “The pink is closer to red, which is the traditional correcting colour. But the blue is calmer right. Does glitter ruin the calm? No, I don’t think it does. So which do you think?”

TAG: DOROTHY MURIDAE/Vix| WORDS: 444 | NOTES: missed these two <3 outfit

--------------------
Accent: Generic American, slightly Midatlantic
user posted image
Please, leave all overcoats, canes and top hats with the doorman.
From that moment you'll be out of place and underdressed.
I'm wrecking this evening already and loving every minute of it.
Ruining this banquet for the mildly inspiring and...
Haven't you heard that I'm the new cancer?
Never looked better, and you can't stand it
We're all mad here
  pm   email
^
DOROTHY MURIDAE
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 08:46 PM
University Student
26 years

Memories do not Open
Dor handed over the paper to Mark and happily took the one he offered in return. "Yay," she exclaimed as he described the paper to her, "my favorite kind." Aka the kind that didn't take much effort to grade. The easier the student made her work the better they were in her opinion. If she could exclusively work with gifted students like herself then she would. She didn't get to start reading though because Mark had a very important question first. The pen he chose would be marking up that paper quite a bit.

"Well I'm more partial to blue myself and I like the glitter. It adds some pizzazz." Not that that should have any baring in their work, but it did for these two. "You have to consider something else though," Dorothy pointed out in all serious, "if you pick the blue one then you are giving up the option for clicking it while you work. If you pick the pink one you get to click, but then you aren't using a gel pen. Just ordinary non gel ink." It was a real dilemma that was for certain.

She would probably go with the gel pen. Dorothy wasn't really the twitch sort so she didn't need to click a pen to get out excess energy. Plus when you went with the gel pen you were forced to go slower because of the smudge factor. Dor definitely liked going slow with her work. "You know what would be good. Mood pens! The ink changes color with your mood like mood jewelry." Red when you were angry. Blue when you were neutral. Pink when you were in love. It would be so cool if it were at all possible.

--------------------
user posted image
  pm
^
♔MARK LEVERETT
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 06:03 AM
Local
32 years

Mark couldn’t help but roll his eyes at Dor’s happiness, although he didn’t intent to be mean about it. Of course most people would prefer to have the easier paper to mark, but it did disappoint Mark just a little when she was one of the ‘most people’ group.

Still. “I guess I can’t be too mad considering you’re helping me out,” he said with a huff. Sure, it was actually something Dor kind of had to do as part of her graduate studies, but she didn’t have to work with him, technically, and as amusing as it would be for Dor to work with Whit or even the Queen, he liked this much better. He wouldn’t actually give Dor up for anything.

Especially when she gave such excellent pen commentary. “Pizzazz is important,” he agreed seriously, “Maybe with a bit of pizzazz they’ll actually listen to my notes.” Probably not – apparently some of his notes were hard to decipher, not because of the handwriting (which was flawless thank you), but because his notes were too vague to be of any actual help. Whatever, the whole point was to learn, and he didn’t understand why they couldn’t learn from both figuring out what he meant and also from what he was saying. It was just double the learning.

There was also a good reason to pick the click pen though, it was a lot of fun to do, especially when you were thinking. It had just about tipped him over to the pink pen, when Dor brought up the idea of mood pens, and he was hooked. “That would be amazing,” he said bluntly. “You think they exist?” They’d only be ink that changed colour with temperature, sure, but it’d still be worth it.

His fingers itched to grab his phone to google t and see whether it did exist, but that wouldn’t be very helpful – he’d inevitably get sucked down an Amazon hole and end up spending hundreds of dollars on various stuff as well as mood pens. For the same reason, he put down the pink pen and picked up the blues – less clicking, less temptation, more likely to do actual work. Sad and disappointing, but true.

“Sigh,” he said out loud, because of course he did. “Blue it is. I should just think of it like this – the faster this gets done, the faster we can do something far, far more entertaining,” he said with a sigh.

He pulled over the paper, making whatever notes in his blue glitter pen that he thought were necessarily. “Speaking of, what are we doing after this?” Mark needed something to look forward to.

TAG: DOROTHY MURIDAE/Vix| WORDS: 443 | NOTES: :D

--------------------
user posted image
We're all mad here
  pm   email
^
DOROTHY MURIDAE
 Posted: May 6 2017, 04:20 PM
University Student
26 years

Memories do not Open
Dorothy stuck her tongue out at Mark when he make a subtle remark about how she was happy getting the easy papers to grade. She couldn't help her lazy nature, nor did she want to try to improve it. "How about I promise I'll grade that one students paper. You know the one that always uses as many of the biggest words he can. The one you usually have to pull up the dictionary for." Dor absolutely loved pointing out when they weren't quite used correctly as she knew it annoyed the student in question. "By the way that one definitely has a thing for Whit. I keep finding him lingering outside Whit's office."

"I do think pizzazz would help with that. I know my eyes are always drawn to things that sparkle so it'd help me at least." Whether or not she'd change her writing based on those notes was another question entirely. "Subliminal messaging would help more, but the island didn't consider granting any of us that power. Not that I know of at least." Dorothy always felt free to speak with Mark about any subject. Even the mysterious powers people had manifested that everyone else liked to keep hush hush about.

"Hmmm I don't know. I feel like they should though," Dor commented wracking her brain to see if she remembered having read an ad about them before, "If they can make ink you can eat then they should able to make ink that can change color." Of course she really knew nothing about the process of making ink so for all she knew it could be impossible. "If it does I'll make sure to get you for an unbirthday present," Dorothy assured him because that kind of thing would be absolutely vital to their lives.

She had just started reading the paper in front of her again when Mark brought up what they should do after work. Which neither of them considered would only come if they actually focused. "Well my first instinct is to take a nap." It was easy for her to tell that Mark wouldn't be in the mood for that today though. He was much too fidgety for that. "We could try to drag Whit away from his work. That's always a fun challenge. Or we could prank one of the other departments. I think Dean Marie has forgotten about our last one by now."

--------------------
user posted image
  pm
^
♔MARK LEVERETT
 Posted: Jun 26 2017, 07:29 AM
Local
32 years

“I do not need the dictionary,” Mark grumbled, which wasn’t entirely true, and they both knew it. Mark definitely had a very wide vocabulary, and he wasn’t ashamed of using often old and outdated words just to mess with people and because he could, but there was one student who seemed to do the exact same thing – and managed to find words that even Mark didn’t know. Mark felt like he would be appreciative of this student more if he didn’t make him feel stupid, because Mark really hated feeling stupid.

At least the bit of gossip about Whit made him feel better. He barked out laughing, shaking his head and grinning at her. “That makes perfect sense,” he said, clearly revelling in the bit of information. “I could totally see them making happy pedantic babies together.” Not literally of course, for obvious reasons. “Sadly we both know my stick in the mud brother would never be inappropriate with a student,” he added sadly. It would be nice and scandalous to think otherwise, but Whit was far too proper – and scared of their boss – to think that.

“I don’t think I need subliminal messaging,” Mark said honestly, “I’d take superluminal at this point – then they’d have to listen to me. Something like what Dean Marie has, to just make everyone listen to you.” Mark had had the unfortunate experience of having that power work on him, and he wasn’t at all keen to relive it. It could be useful to use on other people, but at the same time, having your free will taken away like that was scary – especially for Mark who loved his freedom.

“Honestly, who would have thought that being a lecturer would be this hard?” Mark said, as though literally everyone on the faculty hadn’t told him that. Not that the Queen of Hearts had given him much of a choice, but Whit had very strongly argued against Mark becoming one, precisely because of all the hard work that had to go into it.

He grinned brightly at Dor, love shining from his eyes. “Dorothea, you’re the best!” he declared, even though that was not her real name. He just liked to do that sometimes. “If you could find me colour changing ink for my unbirthday, I’ll get you whatever you want for yours,” he pledged. “The world is your pearl.” Because who wanted an oyster? Of course, for the two of them plus Mads unbirthday presents tended to be whatever looked cute and you thought the other person might enjoy on any given day not someone’s birthday, but that’s just what worked for them. Mark wouldn’t change it for the world.

“Naps could come first,” Mark pointed out, although he wasn’t as big a fan of naps as Dor was. Not that anyone was as big a fan of naps as Dor was. “Naps and then dragging Whit away? Of course, then we’d actually have to do something with Whit,” he pointed out, scrunching up his face. He didn’t really mean it, annoying his brother was one of his very favourite pastimes, but so was pretending it wasn’t.

“I do not think Dean Marie has forgotten about the time when we replaced all the chemicals in the science lab with food colouring in water,” he corrected Dorothy, because she definitely hadn’t. The fact that they had the chemicals and hadn’t just chucked them out was pretty much their only saving grace, but to Mark it didn’t matter all that much – it had still been heaps of fun.

“But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t do another prank. I’m thinking … covering everything in the staff room in wrapping paper,” he said, giving he first idea that came to mind. Not the most original, but sometimes they were the most fun. “What do you think?”

TAG: DOROTHY MURIDAE/Vix| WORDS: 638 | NOTES: <3

--------------------
user posted image
We're all mad here
  pm   email
^
DOROTHY MURIDAE
 Posted: Aug 6 2017, 11:14 PM
University Student
26 years

Memories do not Open
"Don't worry I always circle them and comment not to use such antiquated terms." Because in general you did want your papers to be understandable to the general public. Dorothy nodded when Mark pointed out that the romance between Whit and a student would never happen. "I get it, but also I don't because at least he's of age. Not that I think he'd ever confess to Whit. That would be fun to see though wouldn't it. Imagine the kind of love letter he might write to Whit," Dor said with a giggle, "because if he was going to make a confess I think he'd be the letter type."

A little shiver went down her spine at the mention of Dean Marie's power. They were just lucky she was a good person and she had a good amount of patience for their pranks. "Her power can be kind of scary though. Maybe you need a power to instead make everyone more interested in what you are saying. I don't know what you'd call that though. The power to make everyone hang on your every word...super speeching...pheromone voice..." None of those sounded quite right. "Then again I like our powers as they are. Even if they don't help in lecturing. Which I agree is a lot harder than you'd think. I don't know how you stay awake for that long." Falling asleep as a student was one thing, but as the lecturer it was really frowned upon.

Dor grinned back at Mark when he offered to get her anything she wanted in return for her own unbirthday if she could find him a color changing pen. "There's so much possibility." The first thing coming to mind being things that didn't quite exist yet like a bed with a build in tea dispenser. Which she totally made a mental note to patent because who wouldn't be interested in something like that. Then the perfect thing popped into mind. "What I want is something that can not be bought, but needs to be made. A pillow fort. A pillow fort to put all the others to shame."

"Maybe a short nap first then." This was a perfect example of why they were best friends. Even if he didn't care for them as much as she did Mark was willing to leave napping as an option because he knew it was important to her. "I like taking Whit to do fun things though because if we don't take him to these places then he'll never experience them. Like the time we dragged him to play laser tag." But of course they didn't have plans to do something like that so maybe that should be saved for another time.

"That was so funny," Dor said recalling the prank with a smile, "and was perfectly harmless. Not like we mixed up the chemicals because we knew that would actually be dangerous." Their pranks never intentionally hurt people because that was just mean and not the point. They were into pranks for the laughs and the fun. Her mouth fell open as he suggested turning the staff office into a wrapped wonderland. "That sounds both brilliant and beautiful. Like bringing Christmas morning to the staff lounge except you already know what's in the presents. And we should use wrapping paper to represent other holidays too so we don't discriminate."

--------------------
user posted image
  pm
^
♔MARK LEVERETT
 Posted: Nov 9 2017, 06:17 AM
Local
32 years

Mark did so approve of Dor’s tactics. “Make sure to call them pretentious too,” he requested with a smile. “The words, the author, whatever. Antiquated and pretentious.” Because honestly, there was definitely a point in written papers where people just pulled out the thesaurus to make themselves sound smarter and it was such a snobby thing to do. This was one of many reasons he really preferred to test his students with oral examinations – he could find out what their vocabulary was actually like.

Mark pointed at Dor. “Idea,” he started off with eagerness, “how about we write a love letter pretending to be a student and write it to Whit. We can sign if off as anonymous and then watch as he tries to pick out who it is.” This definitely seemed like the safest and best option for everyone involved, and very nearly as much fun. As much as Mark pretended otherwise he did love his brother, and he had a line when it came to him – starting a student/teacher rumour was over it, but some sort of humiliation definitely was not.

Secretly, or perhaps not so much to Dor, Mark also found Dean Marie’s powers a little scary, but mostly when it came to himself – he couldn’t be trusted with that, but surely Marie wouldn’t do what he did … surely not. Maybe. Surely she couldn’t always avoid it, right? Some people were very annoying and needed to be shut up, and that was an easy way, so she couldn’t avoid using it then. Surely not.

Mark shook his head and agreed with Dor. “Yeah, our powers are good,” he agreed, but he was sighing very loudly and dramatically. “I mean flying would be cool. Or like controlling pheromones in general. But my powers are good too I guess.” His powers really did suit him, and he didn’t turn into a fluffy bunny, so he guessed he couldn’t’ complain too much.

Dor’s request was so pure and lovely that Mark laughed in delight, grinning at her. “Pillow fort, check!” he said gleefully, even though he obviously hadn’t checked it off yet. “I can totally build one. In the living room I think. Do we have enough sheets? Maybe I should buy more sheets and pillows and stuff just in case.” They probably had enough, but that probably wouldn’t stop Mark from buying more anyway. This was supposed to be a special pillow fort.

Laser tag had been a lot of fun. “Okay, so we can nap and then drag him out to do something like that,” Mark allowed. “I dunno what, but we’ll come up with something.” Something that was totally outside Whit’s comfort zone, and Mark would have to google to find something that really worked because nothing immediately was coming to mind, but he’d find something, and not tell Whit about it so he could see how his brother reacted. Perfect.

Mark nodded along when Dor talked about their pranks, because it had been a bit of fun. He didn’t know why people got all bent out of the shape, it wasn’t like they’d poured corrosive chemicals down a school sink. “Yes, good, other holidays,” he agreed immediately. “Some people like Halloween or Easter too, it’s their fav, so we can even include them. What else do they make wrapping paper for? Weddings. Um, Happy Birthday. Happy Birthday Jesus.” He’d just buy a roll of everything and they could sort it out.

“We’re going to have to head here pretty late to do it though,” he warned Dor. “Is that gonna be okay? You sleep all day and come back here at night to do it?” Dor’s hours were weird, but he’d need her help to do all of it in a reasonable time. “You up for that?” he confirmed – if not, he’d have to come up with something else.

TAG: DOROTHY MURIDAE/Vix| WORDS: 645 | NOTES: <3

--------------------
user posted image
We're all mad here
  pm   email
^
DOROTHY MURIDAE
 Posted: Dec 17 2017, 10:54 PM
University Student
26 years

Memories do not Open
You got it,” Dor said making a note for herself, “I’ll thrown in grandiloquent and highfaluting for fun as well.” She wondered how many adjectives she could get away with without seeming too over the top herself. Dor was distracted from her notes when Mark brought up the idea of writing a fake love letter for Whit. “That sounds like a brilliant plan!” Some might find the idea mean, but she just flush it highly amusing. “Okay we’ll need to disguise our handwriting because he knows both of ours too well. Unless you think we should type it. Though I would be less impressed by a typed love letter than a handwritten one.

Dor didn’t know if she would change her powers if she was given the chance. They were pretty useful to her especially her hibernation ability. She could sleep for ages without any need for food or water which was very useful to someone who loved to sleep. “Flying would be nice, but don’t you think it’s a little too usual? I mean think of all the superheroes from the comics and movies. So many of them can fly. Our powers are much more unique. Though if I had to pick a more typical power then I think I’d pick becoming invisible. Think how much easier that would make pulling pranks.

I have a lot of sheets you can use and pillows for that matter.” Most people knew the two things she was most into were sleep and tea so most Christmas and birthday gifts she received were related to those two things. “But they may not be the perfect size. It would be best to use the largest size we can find. Is that a king size? Have you ever thought about how weird the sizing system is for beds. King size, Queen size. Twin.” It didn’t make much sense. If anything they should count up from twins to triplets and so on to denote how many people could fit in it.

Dorothy wracked her brain for something interesting they could do with Whit. “They don’t have any of those zip lines anywhere near here so they? Because I’d love to see Whit on one of those.” It sounded terribly amusing and fun to try herself. Dor nodded as Mark suggested several other types of holiday wrapping paper. “Sometimes they have it in pink or blue for baby showers and they have that boring kind that just looks like wallpaper. I don’t really know if that’s for any specific holidays. We can improvise too. Use stuff like newspaper if we run out. Oh and we are also going to need a LOT of tape.

She hadn’t considered the fact that they would need to do this at night as it would take some time to step up and during the day they were sure to get caught. “Yes I should be okay as long as I can sleep for most of the day.” Something easy for someone who could fall asleep any time of the day. “I don’t know if it would just be better to leave me to sleep somewhere here on the grounds or maybe in your office. That way I can give us the all clear.

--------------------
user posted image
  pm
^
♔MARK LEVERETT
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 05:14 AM
Local
32 years

“Oooh!!” Mark exclaimed, clearly excited. He grinned wildly at her. “This is why you’re my favourite Dor!” he said, all fondness and lies because he didn’t have a favourite, although if he did, this would probably one of the tests he gave them to vie for his affection, because of course there would be a set of tests. “Whatever you can think of, put it in. If they’re going to abuse the thesaurus, I don’t see why we shouldn’t be able to.” Not that Mark needed that excuse, but while he had it, he’d make use of it.

Handwriting would definitely be the more romantic option, but that brought up an interesting question that Mark hadn’t really considered. “Is Whit a romantic?” he questioned, wondering if Dor had any idea. “Would he think that the only note worth it is a handwritten one? Because I agree, it’s less impressive.

Or,” he said importantly, sticking a finger in the air, “would he think that a typed up note is more efficient, or something?” That sounded like something Whit would care about, honestly. Possibly perhaps.

Dor always knew the right thing to say to make him feel better. “That’s a very good point,” he acknowledged, “plenty of people can fly, or have super strength, or whatever. It’s all a bit ordinary, isn’t it? But there’s no rabbit man in comic books,” he said wisely, even though Mark actually had no idea whether or not it was true. It sounded good, and to Mark, that was always more important than actually being honest.

“Being invisible would be okay,” he agreed, “I think I’d rather have something else though, if I couldn’t have mine. Maybe just straight up magic.” Then he could have all the powers. That definitely sounded good to him.

“We could always join up various sizes together into one big thing,” he pointed out. “It would get far more colourful that way. I mean, we don’t want the outside of our fort to match,” he snarked. No, this only made sense if they were all different colours, all over, maybe even different patterns and theming too. “If we go out and buy them, we can buy kids ones and make an Avengers, Batman, Barbie, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Fort!” Did Tarrant have a favourite? Mark would have to text him and see, they should all be represented in it.

“Don’t you think there should be a zip line on Elias Island?” he asked, because she had had had very good idea there. “We could do it from the highest building on campus onto the grounds. Charge the students for it. We’d make a lot of money that way.” Not that money was ever really a motivating factor for Mark, but it wasn’t something to be ignored either. “And probably make a lot of trouble,” he added, which was probably more of a driving factor for him.

“We should write a list? Are you writing a list? I can write a list.” Mark probably would not write a list. What fun was a list when you could just impulse shop? “Extra tape, that should be on the list,” he added glibly.

“You can sleep in my office if you want to,” he agreed, because it wasn’t a bad idea. “If you think that would help. You wouldn’t have to go as far to set everything up, you could just get up and go. But then it wouldn’t be as comfortable as your bed.” Not that that would necessarily bother Dor, but it was something. “Of course, you would also protect the supplies. Protect the tape,” he pointed out, mostly to himself. “Okay, good idea. We should buy you a sleeping bag.” She probably already had one, but it never hurt to have a spare twelve.

TAG: DOROTHY MURIDAE/Vix| WORDS: 633 | NOTES: <3

--------------------
user posted image
We're all mad here
  pm   email
^
DOROTHY MURIDAE
 Posted: Apr 20 2018, 04:05 PM
University Student
26 years

Memories do not Open
I’m sorry Mark I can return the sentiment. Sleep will always be my favorite. She is my one true mistress,” Dor said in all seriousness when Mark exclaimed she was his favorite. “Alright. I think I’ll switch to a red sparkly pen for this so it’s really brought to there attention,” she said reaching into the pile of pens before them for the one she wanted. The blonde stopped and considered Mark’s words. “Well he has dated people before right which should mean he has a romantic side,” Dorothy postulated, “as for typed vs written what if we went with something in between! Like a typewriter. Still neat and organized like Whit likes, but not quite the ordinary either. All we have to do if find a typewriter and learn how to use it.

Dorothy wasn’t much of a comic book reader, but she felt she would have heard if there was a rabbit man comic. “No there isn’t, but obviously we need to write this comic now Mark. Rabbit man and his time stopping side kick. They save the world and put it in danger at the same time with their shenanigans!” Now Dor couldn’t actually draw nor did she know how comics got published, but that was beyond where she what thinking. “Straight up magic never turns out to be as good as you think it is though Mark.” Or so it happened in most literature. “Because magic unlike sleep is not a nice mistress. Pretty harsh actually.

The more they chatted about it the grander the picture of the pillow fort was becoming in her mind. “Very good point. Uniformity is not something we want in our fort.” It wasn’t something they wanted in their lives really. “Yes we could no we should. Why is it only kids get cool characters on their sheets? It’s really unfair.” Even adult should be able to have fun beds. “We should never use the same type of sheet twice in fact if we really want to be ambitious about it. And character sheets will really help with that. We don’t need to buy Minion sheets though because I already have some of those. I like to imagine them babbling nonsense while I fall asleep. It’s like ASMR.

Dor’s eye widened at the thought of a zip line on campus on the island. “That would be amazing! Gosh Mark we are just on fire with great ideas today.” No one could argue they weren’t making the best of their time right now even if they weren’t doing the work they were supposed to be. “We could even have different offshoots to get to different buildings. It would be so much more efficient for getting to class.” Why would you choose to walk somewhere when you could use a zip line? “Am I keeping a list of the good ideas we have come up with then yes in my head, but if you mean a list of supplies then no. You’re right tape should be on it.” Yet neither of them reached for a pen.

I don’t mind that it’s not a bed and like you said I could protect the supplies. They are crucial to the plan after all.” No supplies no prank. “We could get one, but I always keep a Snuggie in my backpack and that’s really all I need. I can curl up under your desk and I’ll be just fine.

--------------------
user posted image
  pm
^
♔MARK LEVERETT
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 06:18 AM
Local
32 years

Mark had not expected Dor to respond that sleep was her favourite, but he should have, it was just obvious now. Honestly, he was kind of embarrassed that he hadn’t already thought of it. “That’s fine,” he said sadly, pouting at her. Just because he knew didn’t mean he wasn’t going to … be Mark about it. “I understand.” He sniffed dramatically.

The idea of Whit dating was a weird one, even though Dor was right, it definitely had happened before. “Yeah, but it’s like, Whit!” he pointed out, gesturing wildly. “Can you really imagine him being romantic with, like. Anyone? Even the people he’s dated?” Not that Mark really wanted to think about it, but it was just impossible for him to imagine Whit being anything but stuck up and prissy. Well, possibly very flustered if he liked someone, Mark was pretty sure he’d seen that on a rare occasion, but never romantic.

“Typewriter is a good idea though,” he agreed. “Just like, in general. We should be able to get one, right? Hipsters like them.” Mark’s information on hipsters might be five or ten years out of date, but it was good enough.

He made an unhappy face at Dor’s suggestion, shaking his head. “Dor, come on, I’m not a writer,” said the man currently in the middle of a thesis driven PhD. “Also if we did write the comic book, we would need to include the rich benefactor and third team member who has a Mary Poppins bag. But we’re not doing it because I can’t write things.” Quite literally his job, and he was here, correcting other people’s writing (even if of a different kind).

Mark sighed, even though he knew Dor was right. “Yeah, yeah. I don’t want the bad mojo to spring back on me,” he admitted. Other people fine, him, his friends? Not so much. “What we have isn’t soooo terrible.” Not wonderfully great, but still.

The plans for the pillow fort were really shaping up nicely. “Oh, definitely. We’ll get only one of whatever they have. And in all different sizes, right? Like, if they have kid bed sizes and twin bed sizes.” He made a face, thinking about it. “They probably have, like, Harry Potter stuff in bigger bed sizes, right? We should be able to get something like that.” It would look even more patchwork with stuff in different sizes, all pulled apart and put back together again.

“Yes, good. Mental lists, you’re good at them, right?” he asked, gesturing towards her. She wasn’t. They’d both forget. “All of these ideas are excellent, we need to do them all. We’ll totally get the college to pay for the zip line though, they can charge students for going on it too and then make even more money. Honestly, what more could they possibly want?” Safety was very much not a consideration of Mark’s.

“I should probably put, like, a daybed in my office,” he mused. He knew that Dor would be able to sleep anywhere, but that didn’t mean she shouldn’t be more comfortable than she would be in just a snuggie on the floor. “I could fit one in, don’t you think?” He probably could, as long as it was small, and he (and his students) didn’t mind climbing over furniture to get to his desk. “Maybe I could replace my office chair with one.” He’d also have to lower his desk, but that would be hilarious if he didn’t lower the chair height on the other side of his desk.

TAG: DOROTHY MURIDAE/Vix| WORDS: 591 | NOTES: <3

--------------------
user posted image
We're all mad here
  pm   email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options     add reply   new topic   new poll

• c
  • b
  • o
  • x
administratormoderator
BE RESPECTFUL AND NO SPAMMING!
join us on discord!
remote cbox