• welcome to
    a disney personified roleplay
  • welcome!
    WE ARE AN ADVANCED, NO WORD COUNT, DISNEY PERSONIFIED ROLEPLAY, SET ON AN ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF MAINE. AFTER AN EARTHQUAKE ROCKS THE ISLAND, THE INHABITANTS ARE STARTING TO GAIN SOME POWERFUL NEW ABILITIES.

please register with first and last names! ex:
    MICKEY MOUSE
    news: 07/01: check out our camp nano event! --- 06/01: with the sun of summer comes a festival celebrating everything artistic! --- 04/01: another april fool's curse means people are ageing up and down! --- 01/31: the super blue blood moon has taken away everyone's powers!
  • stats!
    female
    male
    non-binary
    high school
    university
    local
    new local
  • elias admin
    elias admin
    elias admin
  • JESSIE PRIDE
    MARIE MARMONT
    REMY MULOT, THEO MA &
    SALLY CARRERA

add reply   new topic   new poll

You're a Toy!, buzzzzzz
♔WOODY PRIDE
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 03:47 AM
Reach for the sky!
local
46 years
Tactical Analysis and bond empowerment

Woody wasn’t someone who really loved his office – he was an extrovert and he liked being in the thick of it, sitting around with the people he worked with and shooting the breeze, bouncing ideas back and forth. It had been more helpful when he was working more cases than it was now, although he sometimes did set up shop at one of the empty desks, or one of the desks of someone out on a patrol, when there was a particularly difficult case going around. It had helped before, and he liked the comradery of it all.

He still definitely liked having an office sometimes though. The ability to shut away the world and have a private conversation with someone had really helped a lot, especially when he’d had to have a tough conversation with a recruit. The talking with Khan, telling her she wasn’t getting the detective positon, was a real difficult one too. She had acted like a real professional, of course she had, but Woody thought it had helped to have that conversation with her away from interested eyes.

Walking into his office and seeing Buzz Nesbitt there, Woody was at a bit of a loss as to whether having an office was a good or a bad thing. He didn’t want him to be here, at all, but he was also grateful that he could talk to Nesbitt in an office and not in front of anyone. Their antagonism had been made clear right from the get go – Woody was always suspicious of outsiders, especially pretty boys with shiny badges like this one – and some of the other cops enjoyed watching them argue way too much.

“Agent Nesbitt,” Woody said with a sigh, closing the door and pointedly not offering to get him a cup of coffee, as Woody took a sip of his own. And then wincing, because it had clearly been made a while ago, it was cold. “What are you doing here?” He walked around to his desk and raised an eyebrow at the other man.

TAG: BUZZ NESBITT | WORDS: 344 | NOTES: oops already

--------------------
Accent: Texan drawl
user posted image
I am the man who learned how to lie
Made everyone think that I'm alright
I am the man who managed to smile
Fooling the world for a little while
  pm   email
^
BUZZ NESBITT
 Posted: Jan 19 2018, 05:04 PM
To infinity and beyond!
New Local
36 years
Enhanced Condition & Energy Beam Emission

Buzz was not by his nature a fidgeter, too many years of needing to stand absolutely still and not get trigger happy had robbed him of most of that instinct, but he had to admit, he was very tempted while standing in Woody Pride’s office. The man made this office his home, it was warm and welcoming with lots of little knickknacks and personal items around, even photos. Buzz had never really done that to any place that he’d lived before, let alone thought to do it to an office, wanting to focus on work; he had a photo of his mother in his wallet, but that was the only thing he could think of, other than magazines and the like, which weren’t really the same. He couldn’t help but wander around the office and have a closer look at what Woody put in here.

The officer who had shown him into the office and asked him to wait hadn’t said how long Woody would be, but after five minutes, Buzz got the feeling he wasn’t hurrying. Which, considering their past interactions, wasn’t hugely surprising; Woody had made it quite clear that he didn’t much like the FBI being on the island, which Buzz could understand, but obviously disagreed with. For whatever reason, the Police Chief had made Woody Buzz’s go to whenever he needed to talk to the police over anything, and it had made things difficult, to say the very least.

Despite the fact that Buzz didn’t quite understand why Woody acted the way he did, and wanting to repair their relationship as much as he could, that didn’t stop him from picking up a photo that Woody had in his office, and feel like being caught holding it was not a very good thing at all. Buzz didn’t startle, exactly, but the back of his neck turned red as he hurried to put the photo back where he found it. Clearing his throat, Buzz stayed standing, turning to face Woody. “I needed to speak to you,” Buzz said carefully, the speech pre-prepared in his head. “About something quite important, and we can’t be interrupted. Do you have some time now? I can come back.” He didn’t want to come back, he wanted to do this as soon as possible, but he also knew he needed to ease Woody into this conversation.

--------------------
Accent: American, New York City English dialect
user posted image
  pm
^
♔WOODY PRIDE
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 04:54 AM
Reach for the sky!
local
46 years

Buzz was normally a very confident sort – and he hadn’t exactly come into Woody’s office all shy, but he didn’t seem as sure of himself as he ordinarily did. He was preparing Woody for something, instead of just barging in and saying whatever it was he wanted to say that Woody always had to listen to, and it was … odd. Too odd for Woody to appreciate, although honestly, Woody didn’t think that he’d appreciate anything that Buzz had to say unless it was that he was leaving, and he didn’t think that kind of news that needed this much intro.

Still, he was intrigued, because Woody really didn’t know where he was going with this. Woody sat down and squinted at the other man, scratching his chin idly and letting Nesbitt sweat for a couple of seconds, just because he could. Woody never claimed to be a good man (except yes, he did, and often).

“Yeah, alright,” Woody eventually agreed, leaning back in his chair. “Now is fine, I don’t have any meetings on. Assuming you’re more important than my paperwork,” he said dryly, taking another sip of his coffee. Anything was honestly, literally anything was, but Buzz seemed like the kind of guy who wouldn’t agree with that.

“Close the door?” he requested? He didn’t know what going on, but if he was reading Nesbitt right, this was a closed door kind of conversation. Woody didn’t know what it was, but if he was acting his seriously, it must be something interesting – hopefully, Buzz just found the same things interesting as Woody did.

TAG: BUZZ NESBITT | WORDS: 265 | NOTES: it's short?

--------------------
user posted image
  pm   email
^
BUZZ NESBITT
 Posted: Apr 14 2018, 06:59 PM
To infinity and beyond!
New Local
36 years
Enhanced Condition & Energy Beam Emission

Buzz was pretty sure that Woody was making him wait just to make him sweat, and at any other time he might be more annoyed by that fact, but right now Buzz was just a man on a mission, and nothing would get in the way of his finishing it. “It is,” he said confidently, even though Woody’s question was clearly rhetorical. He stood stiffly, literally standing at attention, closing the door as requested and then returning to his standing position before Woody’s desk. Maybe he should sit down, but it was too ingrained in Buzz to talk to superiors while standing like this by now, and even though it wasn’t as mandatory in the FBI, no one had bat an eye at it either; Woody wasn’t in the same position as them, but this felt the same.

Taking a deep breath, Buzz started, his voice even, almost monotonous. “I think you need to send a team down to the cove, and below it,” he said, starting with what he wanted from Woody, then into his reasoning. “I won’t pretend that I’ve been able to uncover much, but everything I have been able to find suggests that the cause, the core of what’s going on, on Elias, is coming from there. There’s even been suggestions that what’s going on, the powers, may be controlled by something down there, but that’s mostly rumours that I haven’t been able to substantiate.” Buzz wasn’t very proud of that fact either, but it was what it was. “Perhaps it’s nothing, but rumours usually start with some grain of truth, and even if it isn’t what we think it might be, I think it’s most likely that something is down there that we should be looking into. And Holly, Agent Shiftwell, and I can’t handle it alone; we need the assistance of the EIPD.” Pausing, Buzz wondered whether maybe he should try another tactic. “Or, we would be happy to assist you, since your men would be more familiar with the terrain.” Buzz had naturally done a lot of recon on it, but that admission might make Woody feel better.

--------------------
Accent: American, New York City English dialect
user posted image
  pm
^
♔WOODY PRIDE
 Posted: Jul 7 2018, 07:15 AM
Reach for the sky!
local
46 years

This had to be the absolute stupidest thing Woody had ever heard.

“You want me to help you send a team down into the cove – the cove where there’s nothing by the way, you go into the dark you’ll just find teenagers’ wrappers and leftovers from when they’re spending time in there, egging each other on – but you want me to send a team down into the cove to look for … something something powers?” Woody had of course closely listened to what Buzz had actually said, but it wasn’t even necessarily worth repeating. Because it was crazy.

“Because there’s something down there, in the cove that you apparently can’t go far down enough to find, that’s controlling us all?” Woody wasn’t even bothering to hide the sarcasm and disbelief, because no, this absolutely was not what was happening here, and how could Buzz ever think this would fly? He was somehow both proven right in the weirdness of the FBI Agent, and also disappointed at this poor a ruse.

“Yeah, okay, no. Just, just no,” he said, shaking his head and giving Buzz a very judgemental look. “You can’t possibly think that this is going to be anything, can you? Because it’s not. You really think you can come in here and wave around some story about some all powerful thing hiding away in the cove?

“Come on, I might not be a local, but I’ve been here long enough to know what is and isn’t happening around here.” Or at least he liked to think he was. “That dog just won’t hunt.” He mostly threw in the idiom in hopes of confusing Buzz a little, because at this point the man deserved it.

TAG: BUZZ NESBITT | WORDS: 285 | NOTES: <3

--------------------
user posted image
  pm   email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options     add reply   new topic   new poll

• c
  • b
  • o
  • x
administratormoderator
BE RESPECTFUL AND NO SPAMMING!
join us on discord!
remote cbox