• welcome to
    a disney personified roleplay
  • welcome!
    WE ARE AN ADVANCED, NO WORD COUNT, DISNEY PERSONIFIED ROLEPLAY, SET ON AN ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF MAINE. AFTER AN EARTHQUAKE ROCKS THE ISLAND, THE INHABITANTS ARE STARTING TO GAIN SOME POWERFUL NEW ABILITIES.

please register with first and last names! ex:
    MICKEY MOUSE
    news: 07/01: check out our camp nano event! --- 06/01: with the sun of summer comes a festival celebrating everything artistic! --- 04/01: another april fool's curse means people are ageing up and down! --- 01/31: the super blue blood moon has taken away everyone's powers!
  • stats!
    female
    male
    non-binary
    high school
    university
    local
    new local
  • elias admin
    elias admin
    elias admin
  • JESSIE PRIDE
    MARIE MARMONT
    REMY MULOT, THEO MA &
    SALLY CARRERA

add reply   new topic   new poll

you can say what you want, remy!
♔SALLY CARRERA
 Posted: May 22 2017, 03:21 PM
EVEN HERE, IN HILLBILLY HELL, WE HAVE STANDARDS.
UNIVERSITY STUDENT
22 years
EMOTIONAL SOOTHING & EMOTIONAL RIOTING

Finals were around the corner at the Academy and that meant that Sally Carrera was knee deep in studying in the library with little sign that she would come up for air any time soon. At least Sally had Remy to keep her company. They had met the year before when they’d had a class together. Surprisingly, there was a lot of overlap between her major and his, though not nearly enough for Sally’s taste. Remy was a lot of fun with a sense of humor that meshed really well with hers and a work ethic that complemented Sally’s just as much. He made their sometimes dry classes more fun to the point where Sally had insisted they choose and elective together for the next semester just so they’d continue to have classes together even though their majors were diverging a lot the farther they got into them.

They had started out studying together, making flash cards and quizzing each other, but they had gotten to the point in the material where neither of them knew enough for group studying to be helpful and had split up. That had been almost an hour ago. In the past fifteen minutes, Sally had read the same page probably five times; she would finish, and then promptly forget everything she had just read and therefore have to start over again. It wasn’t boding well for the rest of their study session.

She sighed, somewhat overdramatically, trying to get an absorbed-looking Remy to look up at her without having to say his name (though whether he was actually absorbed or just staring at his book with glazed over eyes was another thing entirely). “Oh, gosh, Remy, we have to take a break,” she told him, “If we don’t my brain may actually, literally, explode.” An exaggeration, but right now it was beginning not to feel like one. “And as amusing as I’m sure you might find that, it would mean one messy clean up. Brain matter doesn’t come out of clothes and books easily.” She paused for a moment before saying “Break?” hopefully.

“Why don’t we take a moment to live in the delusion that we’re done with finals and all we have is a summer of freedom to look forward to, just for a minute,” Sally said leaning back in her chair. Though she supposed her summer wasn’t really full of freedom, more like an internship and possibly a summer class or two (and more than likely more dates with Jake), but it was still sounded freeing in the face of the countless hours of studying she had in front of her. “Do you have any exciting plans for the summer?” she asked.
Tag: REMY MULOT | Words: 450 | Notes: <3 friiiennndddds

--------------------
Accent: General American
  pm
^
♔REMY MULOT
 Posted: Jun 3 2017, 07:24 PM
I want to make things
UNIVERSITY STUDENT
21 years
CULINARY INTUITION & MOTOR-SKILL MANIPULATION

i keep dragging them around
Okay, so business wouldn't have been Remy's first choice. It probably wouldn't have even been his third or fourth choice. But despite how often he grumbled to himself and everyone around him about his major, despite how pointless and frustrating as it all felt some days, he was starting to kind of like some of his classes. His business ethics class, however, was not one of them. Business was bad enough. It often required tact and patience and persistence, and while Remy had the last in spades, the former two were characteristics he desperately lacked. But when combined with law and ethics, somehow, it was even worse. He didn't care about OSHA or EEOC or what constituted a violation in contract law or the social responsibilities tied in with labor agreements. They were important, sure, but he was going back to freaking Paris, Maine to work in his dad's store. He appreciated that it was something he and Sally could both take for their majors, but more than once he'd regretted agreeing to it over the only slightly less awful-sounding Creativity and Innovation in Entrepreneurship class.

Remy had met Sally about a year ago -- they'd ended up in a few of the same classes where his major and hers (pre-law, and more power to her for actually wanting to go into the damn field) had overlapped. They'd gotten to talking about their classes and the rest, as they said, was history. She was passionate and caring and didn't get offended by his occasional bout of unconscious superciliousness and they'd had enough classes together that getting together to study (and then signing up for classes together) had just seemed natural. They'd bonded over their experiences growing up in a small town (though Sally's reminiscing was usually tinged in nostalgia where Remy's held a slight bitterness) and their similar senses of humor, and Remy had definitely come to appreciate her friendship.

And really, it was probably the only reason he was still sitting in the library even after they'd decided to return to individual studying. He usually preferred studying in his dorm over the library, but he'd decided it was better to stay and suffer together than to try to soldier through it on his own. There was so little time left until his last final of the year, and he'd hoped that his friend's presence would work to keep him on track. But almost an hour on, Remy was fading fast. His brain was paying more attention to the guy a few tables over and the beat his fingers were drumming out than to the text. It wasn't until Sally spoke up (oh thank God) that Remy realized he'd been on the same page for the better part of ten minutes.

"I don't know," he said dully, slumping in his chair. "I've heard cold water and a bit of Tide will get out anything. Might be worth trying to prove wrong." He pushed himself back from the table with a long-suffering sigh. "Plus, at this point, I'm thinking a bit of brain matter could only improve this book." He got a particularly vindictive thrill at the sound the book made as he slammed it shut. Damn thing. "But yeah. Break. Please." He arched his back in a long, wonderful stretch, more than happy to live in the suggested delusion of freedom. "Ugh, summer. So close, yet so far away. But no, nothing major here. I should probably start applying to jobs so I have an excuse to not go home again." He pulled a face. "It just seems easier in the long run, you know? How about you? Heading back west or staying here?"
tag: SALLY CARRERA / TÄHTI | words: 631 | notes: almost all of this is reused bc i am lazy <3
robb stark

--------------------
Dialect: Northern New England
  pm   email
^
♔SALLY CARRERA
 Posted: Jun 9 2017, 03:23 PM
UNIVERSITY STUDENT
22 years

Her head was still swimming with every single one of the review questions on the study guide their professor had handed out on Friday when she slammed the book closed upon Remy’s response, the noise strangely satisfying to her ears. Even though her brain was still trying to decide it that last example was a legislative or an interpretive rule, she managed to smile at her friend’s affirmation of her plan for a break. “Yeah, but assuming we decide to test that claim, I’d never get to know about it because my brain would have exploded,” she said, “And you’d be down a study partner. If it didn’t work it would definitely be a lose-lose for you, so it is a good thing you chose a break.” and she took a similar position he had, slumping back in her chair, and putting her hands behind her head in repose.

The fact that Remy didn’t want to go home wasn’t surprising to Sally, even if she’d never understand it. Home was such an anchor to Sally that the idea of actively trying to avoid it wasn’t something that had ever occurred to her. At least, not since she’d moved to Oatman. “Where would you apply?” Sally asked. She knew Remy was a business major, but she’d had enough of his food to not understand why. Sometimes she just wanted to tell him to switch his major, it wasn’t like he actually liked what they were studying, but she usually refrained. “There’s some nice restaurants in town...” she still tried, unable to help herself. “Do you think Emile or your dad will come visit if you stay?” Sally asked, feeling like the answer for the latter, at least, was no. But she didn’t quite understand Remy’s family dynamic well enough to judge.

His question reminded Sally why the approach of summer wasn’t all perfect for her. She wouldn’t be going home either, but it wasn’t what she wanted, unlike Remy. Sally wanted desperately to go home to Oatman, but her family and her friends understood that she had to get more experience, especially if she wanted to get into law school. She had her LSATs that summer and she’d be applying in the fall, it was a lot of pressure. “Oh, no, I’m staying too,” she admitted with a sigh. “I have an internship at a law firm in town, family law which isn’t my preference but it has to be better than my last internship...” Sally would never work with a lawyer whose reputation she so distrusted again. Family law may not have been her choice, she was far more interested in property law, but at least all the lawyers seemed to genuinely want to help. “Plus I have the LSATs this summer, so something else to study for. But I might go home for a week or two, hopefully. Maybe after my test...”
Tag: REMY MULOT | Words: 485 | Notes: <3 friiiennndddds

--------------------
  pm
^
♔REMY MULOT
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 09:49 PM
I want to make things
UNIVERSITY STUDENT
21 years

Remy groaned at Sally's counterargument. "Don't logic me. We're taking a break. Logic is strictly forbidden." But she had a point: losing her as a study partner (and friend) would definitely be a loss, no matter how entertaining the thought of splattering the books with brain matter was at the moment. "But fine, you're right. Besides, if you croak, I'd probably have to resort to studying with that guy in the back of class that's always writing on his arms. I think you're the better bet for study partner if I actually want to pass this class," Remy deadpanned, rolling his shoulders out. They were starting to ache from hunching over the table for so long.

The question of where he would apply was one he'd thought of quite a bit. "Ugh, don't think I haven't thought about it," he said, referring to the restaurants. He'd thought about it quite a lot, actually, and that'd been the problem. "I'm just afraid I'd like it way too much, and then going back to business in the fall would be all the more miserable." Or worse, what if he hated it? He'd spent so long viewing it as some unattainable goal that he wasn't sure how he'd change if he found out that, no, it was just as miserable as everything else. What would he dream about bitterly and wistfully then? "Beaches and Cream wasn't so bad last year, but I don't know that I'd want to do it again. I guess I'll just walk downtown and see who hires me first?" Elias Island might be more accepting than mainland Maine, but he knew what he looked like, and what kind of stereotypes there were about people like him. He'd take what he could get, for the most part.

The other part was a little more complicated. "But yeah, I don't know about Emile and Dad. I, uh." Remy thought of how strained it'd been, how much further away they'd seemed, and shrugged. "Probably not? They didn't last year, but I guess we'll see." It wasn't something he wanted to think on too hard. Part of him hated that they'd grown apart, but in a lot of ways, it was easier. He loved his brother and father, and it sometimes hit him, how much he missed them. But he couldn't deny it'd solve a lot of problems if they grew apart to the point where his father didn't expect him to go back to Paris someday.

Sally, on the other hand, didn't seem so enthused with the idea of staying in Elias. It was something Remy wasn't sure he'd ever understand, but he'd grown to accept, however incredulously. "Wait, seriously? That's exciting though. Congrats, seriously." It sounded so impressive, too. An internship with a law firm, and not even done with undergrad? "But ugh, the LSATs sound awful. Why did you ever decide to go into law?" He pulled a face. Though in all seriousness, law was probably way more interesting than businesses, especially tiny, family-owned businesses in Paris, Maine. Ugh. "I'll probably regret offering, but if you ever need someone to like, flashcard quiz you or something, I'll be here all summer?"
tag: SALLY CARRERA / TÄHTI | words: 552 | notes: <3
robb stark

--------------------
  pm   email
^
♔SALLY CARRERA
 Posted: Jul 2 2017, 10:56 PM
UNIVERSITY STUDENT
22 years

“I only logic you because I know how much you love it,” Sally told Remy, nudging his arm playfully. But then he brought up one of their classmates and she had to laugh. “Oh god, no. Unless he’s taking his notes on his arms, though that doesn’t seem very permanent. Maybe he’s hoping for some osmosis...that could be good for you. I can try that brain exploding thing again if you want? Just so you can find out.” she offered with a grin.

His comments confirmed Sally’s opinion and did nothing to sway her from it. “That just sounds like all the more reason for you to try,” she interjected. “And would it be so bad if you did like it? Then you just change your course. I mean, I would miss you in class, but I’d survive as long as you cooked for me occasionally,” she teased with a grin. She knew it wasn’t that simple, but she still thought he should try. “And if you don’t like it, at least you know?” He already didn’t like business, so Sally wasn’t sure how it could get any worse for him. “I don’t know, obviously you don’t have to listen to me. But I’m of the opinion that the Remy doth protest too much,” she grinned at him cheekily. “But sure, go back to Beaches and Cream or whoever will take you. Sounds like a solid plan,” she shook her head.

Sally wasn’t surprised that Emile and Remy’s dad weren’t coming. It was expected, though she didn’t quite get it. Even her parents were talking about taking time out of their busy schedules at the Cozy Cone to come to the island for a long weekend. “I mean, you could always go home for a long weekend or something,” she offered, “A small commitment.” Sally realized then she was trying too much to make Remy’s decisions for him, a nasty habit of hers. “Sorry, I’m pushing,” she said, referring to multiple things she’d said in the past few minutes, even if she didn’t really feel that bad, especially if it came to something. “Sometimes I can’t help myself.”

“It’s not that exciting,” Sally said somewhat bashfully at Remy’s enthusiastic response to her summer plans. “There’s not exactly a lot of people clamoring for law internships on the island, and it’s a pretty small firm. Honestly it’s a lot of photocopying and coffee runs at times. The paralegals do more of the actual work.” But still, she enjoyed herself, which was promising for her future in the profession, she hoped. Though part of her wondered if it was her best option, a part of her, the part that was related to her father, longed for something else. But still she was excited for the possibilities of what it could do for Oatman someday. “The LSATs are awful!” Sally agreed emphatically, “I don’t know, I regret it sometimes. But it’ll hopefully be worth it in the end.”

His offer was one of the many reasons Sally liked Remy so much, even if he did it somewhat begrudgingly. “You probably will, because I will probably take you up on it. I’ve got Jake to run flashcards for me once or twice but he tends to get distracted. I’d much prefer you.” Jake usually couldn’t stop talking to her when they did, constantly making comments or asking questions, it was mostly annoying.
Tag: REMY MULOT | Words: 571 | Notes: <3 friiiennndddds

--------------------
  pm
^
♔REMY MULOT
 Posted: Jul 6 2017, 08:41 PM
I want to make things
UNIVERSITY STUDENT
21 years

"Somehow I don't think osmosis would be very helpful," Remy said, though his laughter was cut short when he thought, huh, what if? Learning by osmosis was definitely weirder than most of the things he'd seen around the island, but at this point, who knew? Still, didn't mean he was all that eager to figure it out. "It may be less adventurous than brain explosions, but I'm probably better off sticking with you."

Everything Sally was saying was something Remy had told himself a million times over. He was used to waving off the arguments, but the fact that they kept reappearing meant that he probably wasn't as good at squashing them as he would hope. "Yeah, I know, I know," he said. He was well aware of her opinion, and it made it all the worse that it was one so tempting to want to give into. He knew she didn't understand, both his distaste for his major and his reluctance to go see his family. "It's fine. I guess it's just... enjoying my freedom while it lasts?" She might be still in love with Oatman, still excited to learn all she could here and then take it back, but it was different for Remy. He'd bite his tongue and take business, even if so little of it was actually appealing to him, and then once he got back to Paris, he'd figure out how he could take the role he'd been shoved into and make it work for him. It wasn't giving up, not yet. Just... choosing his battles. "It sounds like a small commitment, but... like, okay. I know you love Oatman, and find its small town thing charming. But Paris? Jesus, it's a whole different world. And I love my family to pieces but they're part of that world, in a way that I never was."

He leaned forward, groaning again as he let his head hit the table. It was easier talking into the wooden desk than looking her in the eye. "So, like, the restaurant thing? Fine, I try, and I end up loving it, because let's face it, we both know I would. And then what? Change my major, take out loans to spend an extra semester or two here, or even more than a year, and graduate with a degree in the culinary arts? Burn what few remaining bridges I have with my dad, and end up flipping burgers somewhere? Sure, I'm good at cooking, but I'm a poor Black kid from some shitty backwater town in Maine." He'd always been too good for that town, but that didn't mean he wouldn't be tied to it forever. Remy hated, hated to admit that his dad was right about anything, but in this, Dad had had a point. The culinary elite were white men or those with enough money and power to crawl and fight their way up. "Elias is a good school, but it's no CIA. So I'd rather just bide my time and stay here until I have to go back." He sat up and ran a hand over his hair. "See, this is what happens when you push," he said ruefully. He wasn't embarrassed at how he'd kind of... let loose, but that didn't mean that Sally had wanted to hear all of that.

More than time to focus on her, anyway, and her far less frustrating news. "Hey, at least it's in a real law firm," he said, nudging her good-naturedly. "Seems to me that's pretty exciting for photocopying and coffee runs. Much better on your resume than some boring summer job, too. Plus, who knows, you could end up the plucky heroine of some Lifetime movie and end up saving the day on some case and making a name for yourself." Yes, he was entirely joking, but he wasn't teasing about how great it was for her, at all. "It'll definitely be worth it in the end. For you, anyway. Not sure about me on flashcard duty. Though I guess I'll have to sacrifice myself," he said, his mouth twisting up slyly, "as I'm pretty sure Jake won't be the only one getting, uh, distracted if it's just the two of you." He wasn't the type to matchmake, or meddle in his friends' love lives, but Sally and Jake were a special kind of ridiculous. Teasing was still entirely on the table.
tag: SALLY CARRERA / TÄHTI | words: 760 | notes: this got long bc apparently i am incapable of having threads with you and not getting wordy and bringing FEELS into it why am i like this >>
robb stark

--------------------
  pm   email
^
♔SALLY CARRERA
 Posted: Jul 6 2017, 10:19 PM
UNIVERSITY STUDENT
22 years

Sally thought she was doing the right thing, pushing Remy a little towards what she thought was the right path. But then it was like a dam burst, and Remy was off. She thought about just shrugging and letting his comments about Paris and his family go. It was hard for her to understand, but she could see how it’d be a big shift and hard to deal with. But there wasn’t room, for then Remy had his forehead against the desk and all Sally could do was stop and listen.

It hit her as he was talking to the desk instead of her, how simplistic the platitudes she had thrown at him were. It didn’t matter that they were true. She knew she was privileged, lucky, that she had grown up the way she had. It was a hard reality to hide from when studying law. But at the same time, it was easy to forget in the middle of a university, how it was so real for so many people everyday, that they couldn’t forget, and that Remy was one of them. So she listened and didn’t interrupt, only feeling a little sheepish. It reminded her of things Ramone and Flo sometimes said back home. Sally still felt like he was oversimplifying things, assuming the worst. She had always been an optimist, so tunnel visioned that she couldn’t imagine anything but a positive result. But Sally didn’t think she was being like that now. Or, at least, she hoped not.

She let him talk himself into silence, let him talk until he didn’t have anything less to say. There was no point in butting in until he’d had his say. Even then, she wasn’t sure how she’d respond. Sally took a moment, took a deep breath and then reached forward and grasped Remy’s arm firmly, forcing him to look at her instead of down at the table or off into the distance. “I’m not sorry, if that was something that you needed to say. Which I think you did. Maybe?” She looked at him trying to get a read on him. But then she sighed and said, “I am sorry if I was insensitive.” Sally wasn’t sure how else to put it, but the word felt inadequate. “I guess I just want to believe it’s possible for you, even if it’d be difficult. Which may be naive and privileged of me to say, but there it is,” she sighed and tried to put her thoughts together. “I just hate seeing my friend stuck doing something he clearly doesn’t like, especially when I know he’d be happier doing something else. And, sue me, I also think that friend is insanely talented and can do anything he sets his mind to.” She’d had enough of Remy’s food over the years to say that without reservation. Sally squeezed his arm again before letting go.

“I’ll try not to push though, unless you want me to. You know my opinions by now,” Sally tried to smile at him but wasn’t sure it looked genuine enough. “But don’t like, feel bad about venting to me, or letting it all out,” she’d heard the rueful tone of his voice and thought maybe it had more to do with her than him, “I’m always here to listen to you even if I don’t, and can’t, understand everything.” There was no way she could understand some of it by the nature of who she was, but she was always willing to try.

Remy was always very supportive of everything she did, it was one of the many things Sally adored about him. Even if he was making a mountain out of a molehill in this case. She playfully hit him on the arm, “It’s family law not criminal law. Besides, I’d be the most boring of Lifetime movie heroines, I’d spend the whole time stuck in this library.” Her grin turned into a glare when Remy made his comment about Jake, because of course he did. Most of her friends did, but they all seemed skeptical while Remy mostly just seemed...amused. “I do not get distracted,” she insisted. “You don’t know what you’re talking about.
Tag: REMY MULOT | Words: 702 | Notes: sally loves remy SO much even if she's not sure what to say.

--------------------
  pm
^
♔REMY MULOT
 Posted: Jul 6 2017, 10:57 PM
I want to make things
UNIVERSITY STUDENT
21 years

Maybe that outburst being something Remy had needed to say was a little bit of a stretch, but he appreciated that Sally hadn't begrudged him for it. (He was completely unsurprised, of course, because that was who she was, but he still appreciated it.) He did feel a little bad that she felt like she'd been insensitive or too pushy, though, as that hadn't been the goal at all. "Nah, you're fine," he told her, giving her what he hoped was a reassuring smile. "On the sensitivity and the pushing thing. Mostly because I'm pretty sure you physically can't stop yourself most of the time. And because suing a to-be-lawyer sounds like an awful idea." He laughed, but then smiled a bit more crookedly, adding, "Thanks, though, seriously." Saying what he had had mostly been in the hopes of her getting it, but that didn't mean he wanted her to stop trying, in her own way, to support him.

Part of him felt he should just drop it and move on, but she'd literally offered, and maybe he could help her understand just a little bit why he was so conflicted on the restaurant thing. "I don't know, I guess. There's just always been like, this part of me that thinks like you. That I am 'insanely talented' and that I could do it, if I put my mind to it, because I'm a stubborn asshole who does everything he can to get his way." Neither were things he was ashamed to admit. "Especially because my dad said I could never do it, you know? But at the same time, I'm not stupid. I know how the world works, or enough of it, at least. Just because I can cook doesn't mean I can become a chef." The shrug he gave was nonchalant, but this really was something that bothered him, had always bothered him. The thing that determined his future shouldn't be the body he was born into, but 'should' never did anyone any good.

"So, yeah, it's tempting to go down to Gusteau's or Atlantica or something and badger my way into a job, even if it is just bussing tables." In a way, though, that'd be even more frustrating, to be so close and to have the closest he could get to the food is to bring it to tables, knowing he could do so much better if just allowed in the kitchen for twenty minutes. "But I know me, and I know that if I did... it wouldn't be enough to just stop there. Who knows, though, maybe third year business will be so awful I'll reconsider next summer." he added, grinning a little despite it really not being all that funny. Maybe if he was on his own, or cared just a little less about his family, he wouldn't be having this dilemma, but it was what it was. The most important thing at this point was just to find a job so he wouldn't have to resort to stealing ingredients like he had as a kid.

Even with what little Remy knew about law, he did have to admit that family law sounded less fun than criminal law. "Okay, fine, family law. Libraries are the perfect places for montages, right? Just have some power music in the background with you looking all studious, and then cut to whatever poor kid you end up saving. Sounds Lifetime-y to me." Admittedly, he wasn't all that up-to-date with Lifetime movies, but the formula was pretty easy to understand. "Fine, fine," he agreed, but his smirk didn't die down any. "You're right, I don't know what I'm talking about. But I'm pretty sure it's Sally who doth protest too much now as all I said was that you'd get distracted. Completely innocent, and yet." It was a fair enough observation: from what little he'd interacted with Jake, the guy seemed like the type to distract anyone, if only because he seemed pretty high-energy. Of course, Remy hadn't been entirely insinuation-free, if only because yeah, he had noticed how riled up Sally got around him, but he hadn't even had to point it out.
tag: SALLY CARRERA / TÄHTI | words: 726 | notes: neither of us should be surprised that this happened right away >> ughhhh i want a linguini so badly
robb stark

--------------------
  pm   email
^
♔SALLY CARRERA
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 11:11 PM
UNIVERSITY STUDENT
22 years

She couldn’t help but grin sheepishly at the entirely accurate assessment that she wasn’t able to stop herself, most of the time. It just wasn’t in her to give up. She shrugged like she was fessing up to the accusation, because, well, she couldn’t deny it. “Or, at least, do it before I get much training,” she told him with a smile and then reached out and squeezed his hand in response to the thanks she definitely didn’t deserve.

But she listened just as raptly as Remy elaborating, trying her best to understand where he was coming from. And Sally could, on some level, she knew, had known before this conversation, that what Remy was saying was true. It would, undoubtedly, be harder for him. He was not the normal chef, not like she knew Remy would want to be. He was ambitious to a fault. For Sally, who had always had a plan and always had supportive parents and rarely heard the word no, though, when it came to her dreams, it was still hard. Sally truly believed that maybe if Remy had heard ‘yes’ a little more in his life, maybe there wouldn’t be such a block there. Which was why she tried to tell him that as much as possible.

Staring at him consideringly, she tried to figure out how to respond. The smile at the end felt strange to her and she couldn’t really pinpoint why. “Well, as someone who is about to finish their third year, I can tell you, it doesn’t get easier or more exciting,” she grimaced. She could only imagine what senior year was going to be like. Much, much worse, she imagined, when she added applying to law school on top of everything. Much as she enjoyed her classes, and she did, she couldn’t imagine Remy would.

She steeled herself for a moment and added, “Some things are worth taking risks for, things like passion and your future happiness. Sometimes you’ll fail, maybe all you’d ever be is good cook who makes his friends and family happy with his food, but maybe not. But you’ll never know unless you try, which I know is an overused platitude but then you can call me up and say ‘I told you so’ so maybe it’s worth it?” she said, laughing a little. Sally glanced at him, weighing her next words carefully. “You’re my friend Remy, if you want to stay in the business track, I’ll always support you. I get it, you’ve got your family to worry about and it’s hard when you’re goal seems impossible,” Sally, at least, knew a thing or two about impossible goals. “You know what you’re talking about here better than me, about the challenges ahead of you if you choose differently. But I just...I don’t believe you’ll be satisfied with that.”

Sally rolled her eyes good-naturedly at Remy’s continued insistence that she was destined to be a Lifetime movie heroine, even though she knew he was joking. “Have you been watching a lot of them? So should I just start blasting Eye of the Tiger? You can film, it can be my audition tape. Cut to me looking studious, and then...literally nothing.” At his comments about Jake she playfully flicked his wrist, hard, just to show her annoyance. “Don’t pretend, Remy Mulot,” she told her friend mock-sternly. “I heard your tone, I know what you were implying.” Most of her friends gave her a hard time about Jake, or were just confused, which usually led to the former option. “So don’t play innocent with me,” she said, waggling a finger at him just for good measure.
Tag: REMY MULOT | Words: 611 | Notes: sally believes in remy SO MUCH okay. also someone reading this should plz make linguini thx

--------------------
  pm
^
♔REMY MULOT
 Posted: Oct 16 2017, 12:04 AM
I want to make things
UNIVERSITY STUDENT
21 years

Remy laughed, completely serious when he said, "Training or no, I'm pretty sure you could still kick my ass if it came down to it." If there was one thing Sally was, it was stubborn. It was almost entirely a good thing, if only because she rarely directed that will at him, but it did mean he never wanted to really get on her bad side. "Either way, what college kid has the money for court fees? I'll pass." It was his way of acknowledging her thanks without actually doing it, really. Not that he had an issue with that kind of emotional talk, but when there was no need to make it serious, why do it?

He grimaced along with her, really, really wishing she'd been able to honestly tell him otherwise. Business was... well, not great, but it wasn't unbearable, but so far it'd been mostly general classes. He really wasn't looking forward to the more specialized classes now that he didn't have any general electives to break up the misery. If even Sally, who truly loved what she was doing and wanted it with all her heart, looked that grim about junior year, he knew he was going to hate every minute of it.

The worst part was, she was right. There were definitely things worth taking risks for, and there was a part of Remy that was sure that this was one of them. But 'you never know until you try' was easy to say when you had a safety net to fall back on. His 'nest egg' from the past summer would only keep him afloat for a few months at best. Even if by some miracle he managed to get his dad on his side, it wasn't like Django was rich enough to support Remy, either. The family store was just enough to get by, and it was only barely more than month-to-month. Part of him felt like Sally should know that -- it wasn't like she came from a super affluent family, either -- but it was too sensitive a subject to really get into. He wasn't ashamed of being poor, but it had never been easy to talk about. He sighed. "No, I probably won't be." It didn't really change all that much, though. "So heads up, you'll probably have to deal with my whining for even longer," he joked.

And then, because he really couldn't just not acknowledge that she was trying to help, he sighed. "Look, if the perfect opportunity comes up, I'm not going to, like, plug my ears and refuse to listen, okay? Promise. But just because I want something doesn't mean I can be reckless about it, as nice as that'd be." He smiled, a little crookedly at her. "Does that get me off the hook for a little while, at least?" It was only a joke, and he hoped she knew that. He appreciated it more than he could say that she was so supportive of him and his dreams, even if she made it sound way easier than he knew it would ever be.

"Hey, don't knock Eye of the Tiger!" Nothing couldn't be solved with a little cheesy eighties music. "And why not? Worked for the girl in Legally Blonde, didn't it?" Getting the guy also worked in Legally Blonde, but Remy was pretty sure he didn't even need to say that given how she was getting all riled up. "All I implied was that he's very good at distracting you," he said, unable to suppress his shit-eating grin. "Like, a solid eighty percent innocent, swear to god." He even went so far as to make a cross over his heart. "I'm not going to be that asshole who gets super into his friends' love lives," he promised, "but come on, even you have to admit that much. You can't help but bicker around each other. It's entertaining as hell, especially when you take his ego down a few notches, but it's... well, a thing."
tag: SALLY CARRERA / TÄHTI | words: 701 | notes: i love sally <3
robb stark

--------------------
  pm   email
^
♔SALLY CARRERA
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 03:02 AM
UNIVERSITY STUDENT
22 years

It’s not like she expected her speech (as impassioned and well reasoned as she thought it was) to really change anything for Remy except maybe in the long term (and after many, many more impassioned speeches by not just her). But she still kinda held her breath waiting for his response. It was disappointing, if expected. Still, it came wrapped in a joke, so she found herself laughing slightly even if part of her wanted to frown in frustration. Sally reached over and grabbed Remy’s hand, squeezing it slightly in support even as she put on her most dramatic voice and said, “Oh, the things I suffer in the name of friendship!” a little louder than was perhaps appropriate in the library. A few very studious looking grad students glanced over, looking slightly annoyed.

She could tell he still didn’t believe her. She watched Remy sigh and try to placate her like someone looked at a cat who had brought them a mouse for a present, fond but a little confused by the reasoning. But despite her natural urge to keep pushing, even Sally could tell when a topic was being closed (for now, at least). She shook her head, adding a sigh of her own and said, “I suppose, though I will definitely hold you to that,” pulling back her hand as she did so. “But I guess that’s the most I can ask of you for right now. So fine, court is adjourned,” she joked in her best imitation of a judge (with an added grin).

Honestly, the Legally Blonde comparison almost got her, but she couldn’t help but attempt to ruin it. “So now I’m just going to be discount Elle Woods?” she asked, tsking Remy lightly. It was a great movie, but she was definitely no Elle Woods. “Sounds lame even for a Lifetime movie,” she shrugged, “and I don’t think Elle Woods would stand for Eye of the Tiger showing up in one of her movies.”

She would’ve ripped him more for the idea, but unfortunately talking about Jake was almost as distracting as Jake could be in person. Sally had a tendency to go on the defensive when it came to him for unknowable reasons. Remy’s grin spoke volumes, as did Sally’s glare. “Yeah, well that twenty percent is doing a great job of getting you into shit with your best friend,” she told Remy crossly, resisting the urge to reach over and flick his wrist again for good measure (he clearly hadn’t learned after the first time). Mostly Sally was annoyed because, well, even she was self-aware enough to know Remy was right, though if it had been anyone else she would’ve just gone straight to being annoyed and dismissive. Huffing slightly, she crossed her arms over her chest and teased, “What do you even mean by ‘a thing’? I’m pretty sure I just read something in our textbook about the importance of being specific in wordings in business contracts and right now you’re failing epically at practicing.” Then Sally sighed and admitted, “I mean, yeah, we bicker. But you and everyone else just tease me about him because of the chicken dating thing when really it’s not a big deal?”

Then, to deflect, because even Sally could hear how she was getting defensive over some light teasing, she added, “Clearly, you just need to go to something stupid with a guy or girl that everyone blows out of proportion. You know, to take the heat off me, as my friend.” She grinned over at him, trying to let him know she wasn’t mad at him, just frustrated in general with everyone’s response to something so simple.
Tag: REMY MULOT | Words: 614 | Notes: someone made linguini since i posted this last so i feel the need to try to wish another character into existence, instead, i must apologize if you don't have enough to work with (sally is weird and defensive i'm sorry)

--------------------
  pm
^
♔REMY MULOT
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 11:52 PM
I want to make things
UNIVERSITY STUDENT
21 years

Remy was more than a little grateful that Sally took the obvious hint and let the subject drop -- for now, at least. He had no illusions that it'd come up again sooner or later, and knowing Sally, more likely sooner. It wasn't like he didn't appreciate it, but this wasn't a new discussion. Both of them ought to know by now that the moment it became feasible to follow his heart instead of his head, whether through unexpected money landing in his lap or an opportunity he couldn't refuse, he'd jump with both eyes open. For now, though, sometimes he just wanted to complain without being offered the forbidden fruit. (Damn her for already being a good lawyer, using people's words against them.)

"Then the defendant rests his case, or whatever," he said with a grin, relaxing a little at the banter. As stubborn as he was, the last thing he wanted was for them to butt heads so effectively that she got actually angry with him. Irritation and exasperation, fine, but Remy wasn't amazing at making friends and he rather liked the one he had now, even with the frustratingly tempting wheedling. "I'm pretty sure you aren't enough of a Valley Girl to be Elle Woods. Though come on, what fictional lawyer would you rather be a knock-off? Elle was a badass." He wasn't even playing that much up; while it wasn't his favorite genre, no one could deny that it was a good movie.

The purported other twenty percent had Remy amusedly raising his hands in self-defense, but Sally didn't leave it at that, instead protesting more. "Hey, I have literally never claimed to be into business. The opposite." The worst part was, he hadn't really been accusing her of anything, except maybe being a little fixated on Jake for whatever reason. He'd taken her at her word when she'd very firmly stated that the chicken dating was entirely to prove what an ass Jake was to women. But the phrase 'the lady doth protest too much' was kind of rearranging itself into something slightly different, much to his mingled amusement, confusion, and surprise. Well.

"Come on," he said, very lightly, purposefully steering his tone and words clear of anything accusatory. "You're telling me that if I got in some weird bet about dating with some asshole I argued with all the time, you wouldn't tease me a little?" He shrugged and raised his hands again, this time in mock-defeat. "I'll keep my nose out of it, really. Weird and confusing enough without me adding my two cents. All I was saying was that you get, uh. Intense? When it comes to arguing with him." Steering it back to making fun of himself because it was easier for more than one reason, he just grinned. "So next time you're lecturing me about something, I'll just make sure it's somewhere where he's in earshot and get him to say something stupid to you. Boom. Instant escape."

It was almost as amusing as the thought of Remy doing something stupid and romantic in tone with someone. "Yeah, I wouldn't hold your breath. I mean, hey, feel free to try?" Actually, now that he thought about it, though, he was probably more likely to be like Sally and stumble into something weird and stupid over arguing instead of the more traditional approach of dating around until he found something that worked. Maybe they were more alike than he'd realized.
tag: SALLY CARRERA / TÄHTI | words: 601 | notes: can i wish for a vlad? is that a thing i can do and your magic powers work? <3
robb stark

--------------------
  pm   email
^
♔SALLY CARRERA
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 01:17 AM
UNIVERSITY STUDENT
22 years

Even though she’d ended the conversation begrudgingly and her thoughts lingered on all the things she could have said, Sally allowed herself to be redirected and purposefully distracted by talks of Elle Woods and Jake. She’d let Remy have his escape. For now, at least. All she did was smile at him affectionately and shake her head at the comparison. “Yeah, but I’m still technically from Los Angeles which I’ve learned is sometimes enough for people to think I am,” she joked. True, she played up her small town Arizona roots far more, but even back home there had been Valley Girl jokes for years before she’d been able to shove them off. Her blonde hair often didn’t help matters. “Elle is amazing,” she conceded with a nod of her head. “But why can’t I just not be a knock off of some fictional lawyer? How boring.”

Some part of Sally recognized that she was digging herself a hole. The problem was she couldn’t even really explain why she was doing it, just that she was, and it was even harder to get herself to stop. Sally could tell that Remy was both amused and confused. She latched onto Remy’s comment about business, if only because it wasn’t about her. “Well, maybe you should,” she joked. “After all we have a final in what?” Sally glanced down at her phone. “Twenty three hours? Chop, chop. Time to care.” It didn’t quite work, especially since they were currently taking a break from studying and Sally’s constant lecture about the futility of his business major still hung in the air, but still.

Sally could hear the way Remy was carefully regulating his tone and felt bad for about two tenths of a second, tops. Then she registered her urge to defend Jake against Remy’s brief and joking title of asshole and was immediately annoyed with herself. Trying to distract herself (and maybe Remy), she claimed in a clearly mocking tone, “As long as it wasn’t with Theo Ma. At least my brand of asshole is a bit more palatable.” She was clearly teasing, trying to take some of the heat off herself. Truthfully, if anything like her bet with Jake happened with Theo and Remy she’d be likely to deck both of them (she already wanted to punch Theo regularly, and almost had a few times, so this wasn’t much of a stretch).

Even though she was getting defensive about Remy’s teasing, Sally recognized how much farther he could take it if he wanted to. He knew way more about the situation than anyone else, and therefore had a lot more fodder with which to make fun of Sally, if he so chose. He hadn’t, instead remaining remarkably tight-lipped. Sally wondered if part of her defensiveness was simply the fact that she wondered what he really thought, and was too afraid to ask. “It just seems weird and confusing from the outside,” Sally insisted airily. Sighing defeatedly, she admitted, “Fine, fair,” and leaned back farther in her seat, fidgeting with one of her highlighters.

By the time he got around to the self-deprecating part of calming her down, Sally was laughing. “If you manage to coordinate that successfully I’ll be hugely impressed,” she joked. “I don’t know if you can plan something like that, I haven’t started putting my lectures in your social calendar. Unless you’d like me to start?”

Sally sighed at his lack of enthusiasm for her plan, mock disappointed. “I could try to set you up...” she offered, “but we know too many of the same people and I feel like it wouldn’t get the result I want. Damn.”
Tag: REMY MULOT | Words: 610 | Notes: honestly i loled so hard because technically sally is a knock off of a fictional lawyer XD (also someone plz take vlad k thx)

--------------------
  pm
^
♔REMY MULOT
 Posted: Jul 3 2018, 09:57 PM
I want to make things
UNIVERSITY STUDENT
21 years

Maybe it'd been growing up in Los Angeles that'd made Sally so weirdly fond of small towns and the slower, more backwards way of living, but it still seemed incongruous to Remy that there could be anyone who'd lived in a town as full of life and energy as LA, for better or for worse, and be content in a place where you could count the number of stoplights on two hands. Big cities were infamous for all sorts of awful reasons -- crime, poverty, pollution, litter, jaded and impolite people -- but at least there were enough opportunities to make your own way. Small towns had just as many negatives, but not nearly enough positives to balance the scales. Then again, Sally was willingly becoming a lawyer, so clearly she had weird priorities. "You don't want much, do you, Carrera?" he teased.

The reminder that their final was in less than a day was enough to make Remy groan. "Trust me, at this point there's a negative chance of that. Now that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I only hate the dark all the more. And business law finals is a dark dark." He'd pass, of course, because even if it was dull as all hell, he was a good student and he wasn't going to squander the opportunity he'd been given in the form of college. But fuck if he wished he could, just a little.

The thought of him dating Theo Ma was horrifying, obscene, and hilarious enough to swerve his attention away from Sally and whatever weird vibes were there around her thing with Jake. "What the fuck, Sally, I thought you were my friend," he said, offended tone completely ruined by the laughter he couldn't suppress. "The fact that that even came out of your mouth is breaking some kind of law. But no, I'll give you that. For all his faults, Jake is, like, marriage material compared to Theo Ma." Bet or no, pride or money or whatever, there'd be no way Remy would last a day. "I said you and your bet are weird and confusing, not grounds for institutionalization."

His comment about using Jake to distract Sally was mostly a joke, but hey, maybe he'd been on to something there. He shrugged. "I mean, with you guys not-dating, he's bound to be around sometime, right? I'll seize the advantage when it arises, don't you worry." He only barely resisted the urge to stick his tongue out at her. There was a part of him, deep down, that really wouldn't mind being in a relationship. It wasn't a priority, like, at all, but his friendships were one of the biggest reasons he managed to stay sane with all the other stresses in his life. Wouldn't a relationship be kind of the same, only with other obvious, well, benefits? But it just sounded like so much work to get there. Not to mention, Sally clearly had strange ideas about relationships, but that wasn't something he was going to say aloud. Instead, he just snorted. "I'll pass." Heaving a rather heavy sigh, he added, "I'll just stick with you helping save my skin for this final. Romance can wait."
tag: SALLY CARRERA / TÄHTI | words: 560 | notes: maybe we can start wrapping this up soon and get something more recent? <3
robb stark

--------------------
  pm   email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options     add reply   new topic   new poll

• c
  • b
  • o
  • x
administratormoderator
BE RESPECTFUL AND NO SPAMMING!
join us on discord!
remote cbox