• welcome to
    a disney personified roleplay
  • welcome!
    WE ARE AN ADVANCED, NO WORD COUNT, DISNEY PERSONIFIED ROLEPLAY, SET ON AN ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF MAINE. AFTER AN EARTHQUAKE ROCKS THE ISLAND, THE INHABITANTS ARE STARTING TO GAIN SOME POWERFUL NEW ABILITIES.

please register with first and last names! ex:
    MICKEY MOUSE
    news: 07/01: check out our camp nano event! --- 06/01: with the sun of summer comes a festival celebrating everything artistic! --- 04/01: another april fool's curse means people are ageing up and down! --- 01/31: the super blue blood moon has taken away everyone's powers!
  • stats!
    female
    male
    non-binary
    high school
    university
    local
    new local
  • elias admin
    elias admin
    elias admin
  • JESSIE PRIDE
    MARIE MARMONT
    REMY MULOT, THEO MA &
    SALLY CARRERA

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )   add reply   new topic   new poll

Rom Com Tropes - Take 3, Resurrecting
LORELEI ATTWATER
 Posted: Apr 15 2017, 03:55 PM
Come on dearie. Join us for a Swim
Local
24 years
Hydrokinesis and Siren Song

Bringing this back. Credit to HEATHER who originally posted this once upon a time

Sometimes I like to imagine how a romance might unfold for my more difficult characters. Even if I never intend to fully play it out. And sometimes even if your charrie does have a significant others you might like to imagine how else their love life could have played out. So here's a place to post those ideas and more for everyone else to read and enjoy https://files.jcink.net/uploads/eliasrp/Smilies/yes.gif

And for inspiration we have a list of rom - com tropes! https://files.jcink.net/uploads/eliasrp/Smilies/love.gif https://files.jcink.net/uploads/eliasrp/Smilies/kiss.gif https://files.jcink.net/uploads/eliasrp/Smilies/blush.gif

Reposting -
So this idea was inspired by an anime that I've watched recently. For years now on Valentine's Day Lorelei has gotten a present with an anonymous love letter. Sometimes it's homemade sweets and sometimes it's makeup or other little sea themed trinkets. Always something that is exactly what Lorelei's taste is. The person who gives it to her is someone that has had a crush on her for years, but has either never had the courage to go up and talk to her or they have always felt that they weren't pretty or cool enough to be on her radar (possibly a little of both). They've become content with just watching her from a far, but they've been doing it for so long they know Lorelei pretty well. Lately though they've started to become disparaged about it all. Maybe because of how Lorelei never gets serious about anyone she is with or because they are down on themselves for not being able to make more of a move. So they decide that this Valentine's Day they aren't going to give her anything. The day after Valentine's Day they notice Lorelei is upset. She continues to be for days and finally they overhear the reason. Lorelei is mad about not getting a special present she always gets on Valentine's Day from a secret admire. Because she has always looked forward to them and it makes her jealous to think that her secret admirer might have moved on to someone else. Now knowing their presents have been cherished by Lorelei they decide to give her a belated gift. Only when they are leaving it for her Lorelei catches them in the act. They run off embarrassed, but later Lorelei manages to track them down. After chiding them for giving her the gift late, Lorelei thanks them for all the presents they've given her. As a reward for all their hard work Lorelei grants them the honor of having a date with her. Adorably awkward date follows and the two of them start spending time together and Lorelei finds herself actually falling for them

--------------------
user posted image
  pm
^
ERIS DEYANIRA
 Posted: Apr 15 2017, 05:08 PM
I've got places to go, things to destroy, stuff to steal
New Local
27 years
Illusion & Chaos Manipulation

The Easy Route
While nothing is truly easy with Eris when it comes to love, another villain or someone she corrupted to the dark side would have the simplest time. If she connected with them over messing with people's lives or if they had an appreciation for chaos she created then it would probably start with sleeping together and morph into a relationship. The caveat being that it would definitely not be a normal functional relationship. Two destructive people connecting over their enjoyment of hurting others is definitely not healthy. I imagine it would also be the kind of relationship where they weren't strictly committed to one another either. Probably always coming together and walking away as it pleased either of them.

The Medium Route
This would be a modified version of the bet trope with a little bit of opposites attract thrown in. No one would have to bet her to do it, but instead it would be something she came up with herself out of her enjoyment of messing with others. She'd find some sweet and innocent, someone who is the complete opposite of herself. As a goody goody is really no fun unless their broken in her eyes, she'd decide to break down them and corrupt. She'd tempt them in a relationship with her. Taking it slow and steady in order to make sure they were truly attached to her. All with the intention of breaking their heart by revealing it was all just a game she'd designed to hurt them. Only in all that time Eris would find herself feeling a bit attached herself. She'd find she liked them too much and become horrified at herself because of her feelings. Prompting her to cut off ties suddenly and disappear from the other persons life before the plan was finished. Probably very much confusing the other person. They track her down and in an attempt to push them away further since she can't acknowledge her feelings Eris would be brutally honest with them. Tell them her whole plan and force them to see her as a terrible person. Certainly upsetting the other person and first, but then as they think about it they realize she stopped the plan when she cut off ties with them. She spared them because some part of her liked them and she only told them about the plan because she was trying to keep them away. If they decided to confront Eris about it and continue to pursue a relationship with her then it steps up and becomes...

The Hard Route
The hardest route would of course being one of real love. Not impossible with Eris, but highly unlikely. Eris wouldn't admit it, but she has very deep seeded abandonment issues because of her mother. Issues that have caused her to reject love entirely and be disgusted by the very idea of it. So if someone wanted to be in a relationship with her they would have to be very strong and persistent. They would have to look past the dark exterior and see down to the vulnerability buried deep down in her. Eris would reject them over and over and do everything in her power to push them away because she'd have such as hard time accepting she could be falling for them. It would be very brutal. Which is where the strength and persistence comes in. They'd have to worm their way in to her heart until she couldn't deny that she loved them. (Think Shuichi and Yuki if you've ever watched the old anime Gravitation.) At the end of the hard fought battle would be true love with Eris though. She'd be softened by love for sure and it would put her on the path to some level of redemption I'd say.

--------------------
user posted image
  pm
^
♔JAMES HOOK
 Posted: Aug 28 2017, 09:02 PM
So posthaste, a worthy opponent
University Student
24 years
PERSUASION AND ENHANCED AGILITY

While trying to find old Hook stuff I came across this idea, which would still be heaps of fun

Once the thing with Zarina is over ... I can see Hook falling into the bad boy category, but I think I like the My Fair Lady story for him more. Not quite the bet cliche, since she's aware of it, but Hook takes on someone to help out - maybe a fellow grad student who wants to apply to Oxbridge? Or some social situation where they think knowing how to act in those snobby circles are important? And Hook agrees to help her out with it, teaching her properly how to act and fit into that world, and when she gets in, proceeds to take all the credit for her hard work. She stands up to him and tells him off, and he goes away and sulks for a bit, eventually apologises and comes back, and they get together.

--------------------
Accent: English
user posted image
In your ocean, I'm ankle deep
I feel the waves crashin' on my feet
Hey now, this is my desire
Consume me like a fire, 'cause I just want something beautiful
best friend and (second best) enemy
  pm   email
^
HELEN COSTA
 Posted: Aug 29 2017, 08:23 AM
Beauty, terrible beauty! A deathless goddess—so she strikes our eyes!
new local
27 years
love manipulation, supernatural beauty

I don't have very obvious thoughts right now, but I would kill for a Clueless style plot with Helen? Especially since she is a Cher to ridiculous levels.

--------------------
user posted image
  pm
^
ANNA HANSSEN
 Posted: Nov 4 2017, 07:00 PM
For the first time in forever, at least I have a chance
University Student
20 years
Bond Empowerment

I really want to do a Monica/Chandler from Friends style romance, where two friends have a drunken hook up that turns into a lot more, but they don't tell their close group of friends because they feel like it will be weird. And of course things turn serious, their friends find out and try to expose them by seducing one or both of them.

My only current contender is probably Candice, meaning we need more Sugar Rush Racers, but I could also see it working for the Centaurettes and other similar really close groups of friends.
  pm
^
♔AMANDA
 Posted: Nov 4 2017, 08:14 PM
DO THE THING
ADMIN
26 years
#RUDENESS & UNNECESSARILY ELABORATE SPREADSHEETS

QUOTE (ANNA HANSSEN @ Nov 4 2017, 09:00 PM)
I really want to do a Monica/Chandler from Friends style romance, where two friends have a drunken hook up that turns into a lot more, but they don't tell their close group of friends because they feel like it will be weird.  And of course things turn serious, their friends find out and try to expose them by seducing one or both of them. 

My only current contender is probably Candice, meaning we need more Sugar Rush Racers, but I could also see it working for the Centaurettes and other similar really close groups of friends.

You are the actual worst and I feel personally attacked
I'm taking the fact that I already have a sugar rush racer and a centaurette as a sign I don't need this >>
  pm   email
^
ANNA HANSSEN
 Posted: Nov 4 2017, 09:10 PM
University Student
20 years
Bond Empowerment

QUOTE (AMANDA @ Nov 5 2017, 12:14 PM)
QUOTE (ANNA HANSSEN @ Nov 4 2017, 09:00 PM)
I really want to do a Monica/Chandler from Friends style romance, where two friends have a drunken hook up that turns into a lot more, but they don't tell their close group of friends because they feel like it will be weird.  And of course things turn serious, their friends find out and try to expose them by seducing one or both of them. 

You are the actual worst and I feel personally attacked
I'm taking the fact that I already have a sugar rush racer and a centaurette as a sign I don't need this >>

I am the actual best. Also it's impossible to do with our Sugar Rush Racers, and for it to happen with a Centaurette I would have to make one, so you're somewhat safe at least?
  pm
^
♔AMANDA
 Posted: Nov 4 2017, 09:13 PM
DO THE THING
ADMIN
26 years

"somewhat" is not reassuring :P

i mean if this ends up being a thing centaruettes or new characters hmu bc i have zero self control but you're still the worst
  pm   email
^
♔TÄHTI
 Posted: Nov 4 2017, 09:16 PM
CHART YOUR OWN COURSE
ADMIN
24 years
AUTOCORRECT FAILS & GRAND ENTRANCES

I'll happily supply a friend who finds out and hates having to keep the secret (a la Joey) if this should ever happen and I can actually do this.
  pm
^
ANNA HANSSEN
 Posted: Nov 4 2017, 09:24 PM
University Student
20 years
Bond Empowerment

QUOTE (AMANDA @ Nov 5 2017, 01:13 PM)
"somewhat" is not reassuring :P

i mean if this ends up being a thing centaruettes or new characters hmu bc i have zero self control but you're still the worst

Should a centaurette happen, or should we come up with some other characters/group who would fit the bill (and we could also force Tahti and Heather to make them to fill them out too), we should chat! https://files.jcink.net/uploads/eliasrp/Smilies/heart.gif
  pm
^
♔HEATHER
 Posted: Dec 12 2017, 06:03 AM
ALL THE CHARACTERS!!
Admin
27 years
encouraging bad decisions

I kind of want to do an Oh My God I think I Like You type plot where a fwb relationship turns into something more ... which makes them panic and break it off, and then immediately regret it full of ~comedy and ~angst. Bonus points if you can work in this too.
  pm   email
^
♔HEATHER
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 09:27 PM
ALL THE CHARACTERS!!
Admin
27 years
encouraging bad decisions

Double post but yolo.

I really, really want to do a "my parents/family are bugging me about finding someone, and they're coming to visit, so I'm going to hire someone to pretend to be my partner while they're here so they'll leave me alone, and oops I'm in love with you now."

There are a couple current characters it could work with (including Andrina to get her sisters off her back, and Hook with his mother (which could also include grump!Hook/cheerful!person)) but I wouldn't be opposed to someone new either. >.>
  pm   email
^
VANELLOPE VON SCHWEETZ
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 10:02 PM
is

Guys, I have no idea who with but I really want to do a You've Got Mail type romance because why not it's adorable and dramatic all in one!

literally throw the crackships for Vanellope/Sid/Bella at me
^
♔AMANDA
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 01:55 AM
DO THE THING
ADMIN
26 years

okay but sugar rush racer/vanellope you've got mail thing
imagINE THE DRAMA
  pm   email
^
VANELLOPE VON SCHWEETZ
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 10:36 AM
is

AMANDA

WITH ANOTHER SUGAR RUSH RACER
someone make rancis plz lol
look they're so cute
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options   Pages: (2) 1 2    add reply   new topic   new poll

• c
  • b
  • o
  • x
administratormoderator
BE RESPECTFUL AND NO SPAMMING!
join us on discord!
remote cbox