• welcome to
    a disney personified roleplay
  • welcome!
    WE ARE AN ADVANCED, NO WORD COUNT, DISNEY PERSONIFIED ROLEPLAY, SET ON AN ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF MAINE. AFTER AN EARTHQUAKE ROCKS THE ISLAND, THE INHABITANTS ARE STARTING TO GAIN SOME POWERFUL NEW ABILITIES.

please register with first and last names! ex:
    MICKEY MOUSE
    news: 07/01: check out our camp nano event! --- 06/01: with the sun of summer comes a festival celebrating everything artistic! --- 04/01: another april fool's curse means people are ageing up and down! --- 01/31: the super blue blood moon has taken away everyone's powers!
  • stats!
    female
    male
    non-binary
    high school
    university
    local
    new local
  • elias admin
    elias admin
    elias admin
  • JESSIE PRIDE
    MARIE MARMONT
    REMY MULOT, THEO MA &
    SALLY CARRERA

add reply   new topic   new poll

We Get Along So Sweetly, [closed: Marisa/Star and Sophia/Elle]
NALA HAIDER
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 10:31 PM
Pinned ya! Pinned ya again!
Local
24 years
Hunting Instincts & Indomitable Will

Nala didn’t think that she was a meddler, by nature. Nala didn’t push her friends into relationships, she didn’t need all the gossip and details of them either, although sometimes she had to admit, she did enjoy them. Kiara wasn’t someone who needed looking after every second of the day, and although she’d developed a big sisterly relationship with her, Nala was determined she wouldn’t be the overprotective sibling that Simba had been, and that her parents sometimes fell into. Perhaps that was only true when she compared herself to her family and the Leeus; her mother and Sarabi had been hinting at Simba and Nala being more than friends for a while when they were teenagers, although it had always been Sarabi who had made the louder ones, and her own mother who had taken the quiet, thoughtful approach when it was just Nala and her. Mufasa wasn’t much better either, particularly with the way they had tried to help Nala when she was still finding her way in the work force, pushing and prompting her to get a more permanent job at Prideland.

For the most part, that just wasn’t Nala, but that didn’t mean that Nala ignored an opportunity that came up; she just tried to stay out of people’s lives as much as possible, while still being in them. She offered Kiara support, but never pushed for more details about any boys, even though sometimes she wanted to warn them away. She ignored her own parents hints about her finding someone, or their offers of introductions; at least Mufasa and Sarabi didn’t do that. She stayed out of her friends love lives too, unless they asked for her opinion or advice, which wasn’t too often. Nala wondered whether she was perhaps doing her friends a disservice by wanting to introduce them to each other, two young women who didn’t know each other, but Nala was just so sure that they would all get along. She wasn’t exactly imagining sleepovers with the three of them giggling about boys, that just wasn’t their way, but she was friends with Marisa, and she was friends with Sophia, and she couldn’t think of a good reason they shouldn’t be friends with each other.

The bakery and coffee shop had provided the most neutral place for the two of them to meet, offering up good coffee, anything a sweet tooth might desire, and some good savoury snacks as well, and a time when they were all free. She made sure to get there a good ten minutes before they were due to arrive, since they didn’t know each other, figuring that being the buffer was only fair. Coat on the back of a chair, sitting at a table by the window, Nala figured between her position and her hair she’d be easy to spot by them, whenever they arrived. Nala wasn’t worried about the two of them specifically so much as she was worried about this setting a precedent in general; hopefully neither girl would try to pull this on her, as hypocritical as that was.

SOPHIA CHENG | MARISA ANDERSON | Outfit | Hope this works!

--------------------
Accent: American, New England dialect
user posted image
  pm
^
SOPHIA CHENG
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 08:30 PM
Don't try and stop me!
university student
21 years
Indomitable Will & Pain Suppression

Meeting outside of necessity wasn't something that Sophia usually associated herself with, outside her close circle of family. If it wasn't something that her adopted family were interested in, it went by extension that Sophia wouldn't be interested either. Still, Sophia was surprised to find that there were a few exceptions to her rules. None more astounded than herself when she had agreed to meet a fellow martial arts lover and, indeed, sports training enthusiastic, for a drink. Nala had been assertive with her invite, in a way that made Sophia both respect the way in which she had been asked and also feel like she couldn't say no. It had probably been the best possible way to get her to say yes, as under other circumstance she may well have declined.

Yet, here she was, able to call the other an actual friend, the list of which she was able to count on her two hands with room to spare, and finding herself excited at the prospect of catching up with her. Nala had seemed especially vague when arranging the meet-up, causing Sophia to be a little suspicious (but then, what was new?) but had put it down to the fact that Nala had wanted to meet in the bakery, knowing Sophia's usual distaste for meeting in crowded places. Often tired from her work at A1-13 and balancing this with her degree, Sophia certainly kept it no secret she preferred to meet in some sport environment. Though, this was not to say she hated coffee shops and bakeries. Far from it: she certainly had a sweet tooth for pastries and cakes, with a good fix of caffeine being a perfect addition.

She was already imagining that she might have lemon cake with a cappuccino, when she spied her friend's familiar hair and spot by the window. Nala wouldn't have been difficult to spot but Sophia knew her friend would have taken special care to sit somewhere easily in view of the entrance so she could be easily spotted. She wasn't sure she would be thanked for saying it, but Nala had that thoughtful and caring side to her.

Stepping in, her fingers trailing over the door as she slowly let it be released and it clicked back into its frame, Sophia smiled at her friend before setting her bag down. "Hi," she grinned, reaching a hand up to her hair to run fingers through the tangles the wind outside had blown in. "Let me just go grab some cake, I have literally been thinking about it since my run this morning." She pulled her coat off and wrapping it over the back of the seat before pulling her purse out. "Can I get you anything whilst I'm up there?" She was about to dash off to get her hugely anticipated treat, when she felt a lingering presence behind her. Frowning and turning to face the girl who had come over to their table, she raised an eyebrow and clearly showed no hint of politeness on her face. "Er, hi." Her arms folded across her chest as she looked around at the empty tables all around them. "I'm sure there's plenty of places you can sit without being quite so close to us?"

NOTES: It was great! <3 outfit! | TAG: MARISA ANDERSON | NALA HAIDER | WORDS: 583

--------------------
Accent: American, Elias Island dialect.
  pm
^
MARISA ANDERSON
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 01:28 PM
not all marshmallows are sweet all the time.
university student
25 years
cryokinetic combat & undying loyalty

WE ALL MEANT GOOD INTENTIONS
Marisa walked down Main Street, shoving her phone into her purse as she approached the bakery. Her mood had been soured this morning from her meeting with her mentor, who had essentially ripped apart her thesis. Still, she tried her best to put that out of her mind as to not further spoil her day. The moments of free time that she actually had nowadays were far and few between, so she wanted nothing more than to make the most of them.

For Marisa, that meant spending more time with her little brother (though with exam season coming up, Olaf wasn't as available as usual) and of course, with her friends. With her busy schedule and...strong personality, she couldn't say that she had more than the average person, but Marisa took her relationships seriously. She completely trusted those that she called close to her, and Nala was a perfect example of that.

Though the two of them rarely had their schedules match up to where they could actually meet, today was a rare occasion where they both had some time to catch up and talk. Nala had been the one to invite Marisa first, and she had to admit, her friend seemed to be more assertive and sneakier than usual. She put it up to Nala having a hard time at work; oftentimes she couldn't talk about the things that she had seen but they affected her just the same. Whatever Nala had wanted to talk with her about, it seemed important, so Marisa was already cursing herself for being late.

She spotted her friend through the window, and headed towards the entrance of the bakery, noticing someone else standing in front of their table. It was most likely someone who had just asked if Nala was reserving that spot, so Marisa didn't think much of it, that is, until the woman set her bag and coat both down on the seat.

Walking up to them, Marisa intended to give the woman a piece of her mind (nicely, of course) regarding proper manners, but the other one spoke first, folding her arms across her chest, no hint of politeness in her voice. "Er, hi. I'm sure there's plenty of places you can sit without being quite so close to us?" Marisa's eyes narrowed, looking at her before responding in an abrupt tone. "You know, I could ask you the very same thing." She directed her next words to Nala but kept a close eye on the rude woman, glaring at her. "Nala, I'm sorry I'm late. Thesis meeting went longer than I expected. Let me take care of this woman who clearly doesn't understand the concept of manners, and then we can catch up."

NALA HAIDER & SOPHIA CHENG | WC: 454 | JANUARY 2018 | sorry this took so long!

--------------------
| | |
  pm
^
NALA HAIDER
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 10:06 PM
Pinned ya! Pinned ya again!
Local
24 years
Hunting Instincts & Indomitable Will

Sophia got there first, looking a little windswept. “Hey,” Nala greeted easily, grinning up at Sophia. “Glad you could make it.” She had been debating on what to tell them when, but figured this would make the most sense as the time when they got here, or when the first one did anyway. It would have been near impossible to tell them both at the same time. “I should tell you, though,” she started, figuring it would make the most sense to cover it before Sophia headed off to put in their orders. Unfortunately it was not to be, as Sophia hadn’t been there hardly at all before Marisa showed up straight after. And of course they couldn’t have just been confused and looked to Nala for some answered, which she would have happily provided; instead they both went on the offensive, which part of her understood, but most of her was just frustrated by. Never mind the fact that, in all likelihood, Nala would have reacted not entirely dissimilarly if she was either of them.

Nala looked between the two women who had already managed to snark at the other, and regretted making this decision at all. Nala had been, and still was, certain that once they actually got to know each other, they would be able to share in their snark and turn it on someone else, but for now, things had simply gotten off to the worst start that she could have imagined. “Well, this is going wonderfully,” Nala said loudly, giving them both a fake smile. How ridiculous they all were. Nala stood up, wanting everyone to be on the same level, and gave them both a fond look. “Sophia, this is Marisa,” she introduced them, gesturing towards each woman. “Marisa, this is Sophia. You’re both my friends and you’re both here to see me. And each other,” she explained simply. She paused, then shrugged. “Bad idea, remind me to never do anything like this again.” Not that there was really any worry about that; this wasn’t Nala’s usual bag, and now that this one attempt had gone badly, she couldn’t imagine trying it again.

“But since we’re all here,” she pointed out, turning to Sophia. “I’d love just a black coffee, honestly,” she said with a small smile. “Thank you for the offer.” Turning to Marisa, she included her in the offer, even though Sophia might not appreciate that. Ah well, maybe it would be better if she was annoyed at her, rather than Marisa. “Did you want anything Marisa?” she asked her friend, hoping this would be enough to get them at least trying, for her sake.

--------------------
Accent: American, New England dialect
user posted image
  pm
^
SOPHIA CHENG
 Posted: May 21 2018, 05:11 PM
Don't try and stop me!
university student
21 years
Indomitable Will & Pain Suppression

She had been about to call the unknown woman out, telling her that actually she had the perfect right to be here as she was meeting her friend when two things took her attention. Firstly, she called Nala by her name. Strange, for an apparent stranger. Secondly, that glancing over at Nala, her friend had a very strange grimace on her face. Not usually one to be so embarrassed by Sophia's attitude, given that they often thought alike in these scenarios, she was confused.
But not for long. It didn't take her long to work out what was going on, once the explanation started. She folded her arms. "I was hoping that you were going to say you double-booked us but it seems like you think we'd all get along so swimmingly, instead." She smiled, sarcasm heavy, though she wasn't really mad at Nala. It's not like she had come from a bad place with this, it was just that Sophia wasn't really open to new friendships on random whims - which she was guessing Nala knew, thanks to the fact that she was looking annoyed and, or, a little sheepish right now.

Still, she liked Nala. She most definitely didn't like what she had seen of Marisa so far (honestly, so unfriendly on first meeting - ignoring she had been the same), but Nala was someone she was invested in. So, she supposed, for Nala, she could...maybe try.

"Black coffee." She pointed a finger - sure thing - at her before pulling her purse out of her bag. She hadn't bothered to introduce herself further to the other than Nala had already done, instead she narrowed her eyes at her friend when Nala offered Marisa a drink on Sophia's generosity. Of course, it wasn't the money. It was the principle. Still glaring and still not turning away from Nala to face Marisa, she answered stiffly. "Yes. Would you like anything?"

Especially considering that Nala was claiming she would never do anything like this again, there was a pang of guilt as she played back how ungracious she had been earlier. Sure, Marisa seemed like she was asking for it - just storming up and assuming that Sophia had been a random stranger when she had been there first but that didn't mean Sophia didn't care for her friend's feelings at all. "I mean, I'm definitely getting cake now, though. But I might as well get you something whilst I'm up there, Marisa."

NOTES: <3 | TAG: MARISA ANDERSON | NALA HAIDER | WORDS: 444

--------------------
Accent: American, Elias Island dialect.
  pm
^
MARISA ANDERSON
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 09:03 AM
not all marshmallows are sweet all the time.
university student
25 years
cryokinetic combat & undying loyalty

ONLY TWO WAYS THAT THESE THINGS CAN GO
“Well, this is going wonderfully,” Nala said loudly, giving them both a fake smile as she stood up. It didn't last long, however, and she gave them both a fond look. “Sophia, this is Marisa,” she introduced them, gesturing towards each woman. “Marisa, this is Sophia. You’re both my friends and you’re both here to see me. And each other,” she explained simply. She paused, then shrugged. “Bad idea, remind me to never do anything like this again.” Marisa rolled her eyes playfully before looking at Nala pointedly.

"Agreed." She tended not to be a person who said more than what was required, and that one word (along with its subtext, of course) conveyed all that she needed to say. Sophia folded her arms. "I was hoping that you were going to say you double-booked us but it seems like you think we'd all get along so swimmingly, instead." She smiled but Marisa could tell that she was heavy on the sarcasm. At least the two of them were on the same page with that.

Marisa wasn't the kind of person to choose her friends willy-nilly; she took great care regarding those that she called close to her, so why Nala would think this would go well was beyond her, but she couldn't stay upset at her friend for long. After all, Nala had done it with the best of intentions, so the least that Marisa could do was to act cordial for now and have a talk with Nala privately later.

“But since we’re all here,” Nala pointed out, turning to Sophia. “I’d love just a black coffee, honestly,” she said with a small smile. “Thank you for the offer.” Turning to Marisa, she included her in the offer much to Marisa's surprise. “Did you want anything Marisa?” she asked while Sophia narrowed her eyes at Nala, confirming Marisa's suspicions that Sophia didn't appreciate that. Sophia added stiffly, "Yes. Would you like anything? I mean, I'm definitely getting cake now, though. But I might as well get you something whilst I'm up there, Marisa." "I'll take a latte," Marisa said, her tone softening a bit.

"But please, let me get the cakes. Seems only fair, doesn't it?" she asked rhetorically as she pulled out her wallet as well. However small it may be, this was an olive branch and she could only hope that Sophia would take it, at least for Nala's sake. "What kind do you want, Nala? And don't try to tell me you're on a diet; you're definitely getting cake if we are."

NALA HAIDER & SOPHIA CHENG | WORDS: 427 | OUTFIT | at least she's trying

--------------------
| | |
  pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options     add reply   new topic   new poll

• c
  • b
  • o
  • x
administratormoderator
BE RESPECTFUL AND NO SPAMMING!
join us on discord!
remote cbox