• welcome to
    a disney personified roleplay
  • welcome!
    WE ARE AN ADVANCED, NO WORD COUNT, DISNEY PERSONIFIED ROLEPLAY, SET ON AN ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF MAINE. AFTER AN EARTHQUAKE ROCKS THE ISLAND, THE INHABITANTS ARE STARTING TO GAIN SOME POWERFUL NEW ABILITIES.

please register with first and last names! ex:
    MICKEY MOUSE
    news: 07/01: check out our camp nano event! --- 06/01: with the sun of summer comes a festival celebrating everything artistic! --- 04/01: another april fool's curse means people are ageing up and down! --- 01/31: the super blue blood moon has taken away everyone's powers!
  • stats!
    female
    male
    non-binary
    high school
    university
    local
    new local
  • elias admin
    elias admin
    elias admin
  • JESSIE PRIDE
    MARIE MARMONT
    REMY MULOT, THEO MA &
    SALLY CARRERA

add reply   new topic

And now we switch the act, megtor
♔MEGARA CREON
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 07:24 AM
I'm a damsel, I'm in distress, I can handle this. Have a nice day.
New Local
31 years
Subliminal Seduction and Weakness Detection

Megara had a lot of good reasons she thought this would be a good time to go after Hector and start on her little job that Hayden had set for her. Yes, all of those reasons were wrong, but that didn’t make them not good! She had put all of her best journalist analytical skills to work and come to a(n incorrect) conclusion.

Megara had done a lot of thinking about how this whole age thing was working, and decided that between her turning into a 20 something (she was nominally saying 21, but she had no reason to think that, other than the fact that she didn’t want to be didn’t want to be under drinking age again), Hayden turning into a teenager, and Emily turning into a mature lady (still gorgeous of course, Meg was jealous), that the age someone turned was determined by their personality. She wasn’t really sure what determined that, or why turning back into college age was apparently the best thing for her, but it definitely made sense that Hayden had turned teen, so she was sticking to her theory.

And following her theory through, she fully expected Hector to be in the same boat as Hayden – some sort of dorky teenager, probably with ridiculous quarterback good looks, teeth gleaming, hair shining. Which wasn’t all that different from Hector now, honestly, except for the age bit, but Meg figured she could work with that. Even at her younger age, she’d still be older than him, and in her experience with them teenage boys were all sweat and spit and other disgusting things, so getting DNA from him would be easy.

This is all what Megara figured, but this is none of what Megara got. She approached the fire station, the only place she could be reasonably sure to see him eventually, and figuring given that his fellow firefighters might well be little kids right now, it might be even more likely he’d be around, working. She couldn’t imagine he wouldn’t want to make himself useful, in that weird, earnest way of his, even if he was a decade or so younger than he normally was.

What she saw as she approached was an older guy, hanging around near one of the fire engines, the doors wide open. He was doing something Megara couldn’t make out, his face obscured as he approached. “Hey there,” she called out to him, putting her nicest smile on. It looked a little more happy than seductive at this age, because even despite Megara wearing her usual outfit of skirt, blouse and heels, she still did look younger. “I’m looking for-“

Meg cut herself off, stopping short as the face of the man she was looking at came into view. A very familiar looking face. “Hector?” she asked, incredulous. Surely she hadn’t gotten it this wrong.

TAG: HECTOR MEYER | WORDS: 476 | NOTES: I couldn’t resist

--------------------
Accent: Midwest USA
user posted image
If there's a prize for rotten judgement
I guess I've already won that
No man is worth the aggravation
That's ancient history, been there, done that!
It's too cliche
I won't say I'm in love
  pm   email
^
♔HECTOR MEYER
 Posted: May 5 2018, 09:41 PM
IT SEEMS TO ME THAT WHAT YOU FOLKS NEED IS A HERO!
NEW LOCAL
27 years
SUPERNATURAL STRENGTH & ENHANCED ENDURANCE

it's a beautiful new day
Hector had felt a little off-balance for the first day or so, but once he'd taken a step back and looked at the position some of his coworkers and neighbors were in (it ranged everywhere from emotional toddlers to cantankerous eighty-year-olds), the extra decade or so he'd gained overnight wasn't all that big a deal. He at least was still in a position where he was willing and able to work if there were emergencies (and the number of odd injuries he'd had to respond to since the beginning of the month felt bigger than normal, mostly involving people doing things they swore they did all the time). Today was one of his three 24s anyway, but he felt a little stretched thin and couldn't help but wonder what in the heck they were going to do if things didn't change back to normal, and soon.

And speaking of being thrown off his balance, a voice startled him from where he was trying to go over the logs from the previous day's shift. (Was it just him, or was the writing a little blurrier than normal? He'd had to completely change the angle and height from which he read them.) He looked up and blinked. The voice and face were a little different, but the young woman approaching him was definitely Megara. "Meg?" he replied, feeling just as surprised as she looked. It wasn't that dramatic a change, especially next to some of the ones he'd seen yesterday, but it still was weird to see her looking so... well, young. She wasn't much older than him normally (At least, he thought? It was hard to tell; she was gorgeous and definitely didn't show any signs of aging, but with how worldly and mature she seemed in comparison to him, he'd never settled on a number.), but seeing her so fresh-faced seemed... wrong.

Kind of adorable, but wrong. If it was Neil, he might have laughed or made a joke, but as it was he couldn't think of a single thing to say that wasn't the obvious 'you're young'. "Was that the end to that sentence, or, um. Is there someone you're trying to find?" His assumption was that she was here to see him, but he really couldn't say for certain. As much as he wanted to, he didn't really... know Meg. He had no idea if she had other friends who worked here.
tag: MEGARA CREON / heather | words: 416 | notes: same disclaimer re: scott eastwood as i gave to allison :P i can keep these short gdi lmao who am i kidding
robb stark

--------------------
Dialect: West Midland American
  pm   email
^
♔MEGARA CREON
 Posted: May 16 2018, 07:23 AM
New Local
31 years

God, he was older. He wasn’t the teenager she had expected, he was definitely older than her now – probably even older than he had been before, which was no less weird. Megara knew they weren’t that far apart in age, four years she thought she’d seen when she’d looked up his records, but it felt so much bigger when it was that far in the opposite direction. Or maybe even more than that, she’d never been great at ages without the data to back it up.

This was weird. Megara suddenly felt incredibly awkward, moving to tuck her hands into the back pockets of her jeans that weren’t there, since she’d chosen to wear business attire. She wasn’t sure if dressing in her usual style was making her feel better or worse right now.

Fortunately, she wasn’t too bad at faking it. She smoothed down the back of her skirt and smiled at him. “There definitely is an end to that sentence, Wonderboy,” she said smoothly, mostly back on track now. “But it’s just how I said it. I was looking for you, as a matter of fact.” Her exact plan for how to approach this may have gone out the window at how he looked, but that didn’t mean everything was lost.

“I thought it might be nice to see if you went through an awkward teenage period like everyone else, since you seem so perfect to everyone now, but I see I’m disappointed again.” Only eyeing him now, she really wasn’t. He was attractive, even more now than when he was a bit younger – he’d lost some more baby fat off his face, his jaw had squared off nicely. He looked more like Hayden though now too, which was strange and more than a little disturbing – he looked more Megalos, Meg knew from seeing photos of his father as well, but for her the association was Hayden.

Best not to go down that road at all, thank you very much. “I guess it’s just me going through the awkward phase, though,” she said with a toss of her hair, taking a few steps towards him. “Not a teenager, thank god, but I’m not sure the way I look is all that much better.” Making him scramble to compliment her – as she assumed he’d try to do – wasn’t the nicest move, but it would give her a stronger footing, and that’s what she needed right now.

“I hope I’m not interrupting?” she added, looking around with a bit of curiosity. It seemed quieter than she would have thought, even if her main knowledge of fire stations came from TV.

TAG: HECTOR MEYER | WORDS: 440 | NOTES: we definitely can stay short

--------------------
user posted image
It's too cliche
I won't say I'm in love
  pm   email
^
♔HECTOR MEYER
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 01:48 AM
NEW LOCAL
27 years

it's a beautiful new day
With only a few words and a crooked smile that looked familiar even on a younger face, the air between them felt like it was back to normal with Hector stumbling over himself and Meg mostly being amused at it. Hector blushed, but instead of stammering an excuse away he actually managed to explain. "I knew there was an end, I just didn't know if that was it." Mostly because she'd sounded so taken aback, but once she elaborated, he guessed it made sense. Kind of.

Except, it didn't, really. His brow furrowed a little, unsure if this was just one of those things that felt unusual because it was Megara or if it was just unusual in general. "You... came to see me hoping I'd be an awkward teenager?" he repeated, as if feeling the words in his own mouth would give it a new meaning. Was that something he should be disappointed by, that she came here hoping to make fun of him more? As it was, he was just oddly pleased that the thought had even crossed her mind. "Sorry to disappoint, I guess. Trust me, you're not missing much." He was suddenly very, very thankful that he wasn't gangly and scrawny again, for more reasons than just convenience on the job.

The weirdest part was, Megara did seem a little awkward. Not her words or her personality -- those seemed pretty much typical of their interactions thus far -- but just something about the way she carried herself. Normally she seemed very conscious of the space she inhabited, filling it with a confidence and surety that Hector envied and admired. Now, her movements just weren't... as fluid, maybe? "You're not -- I mean, you're fine. Not just fine," he stammered, because feeling slightly wiser and more mature didn't mean he was suddenly suave, "good. Um?" Sighing more at himself than anything else, he gave up and shrugged his shoulders, knowing she couldn't be surprised at this by this point. "No. Not much to interrupt. Things are... well." He gestured, a little helplessly, to her. "Awkward phases all around makes it kind of hard to carry on as usual here."
tag: MEGARA CREON / heather | words: 376 | notes: <3
robb stark

--------------------
  pm   email
^
♔MEGARA CREON
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 02:05 AM
New Local
31 years

Even as a grown man – a more grown man – he still blushed, which was kind of reassuring. Megara figured by the time Hector actually got to whatever age he was supposed to be now, he would have probably lost some of that bashfulness along with the baby fat, but for now it looked like he was the same old Hector. Maybe it was just Megara that felt so weird and different right now – more like her actual twenty-something self that she apparently was. She hadn’t detected much of a difference in Hayden other than looks, and it looked like Hector was the same. Maybe it was a Megalos thing.

The same as usual apparently still included repeating what Megara was saying as though it was absolutely beyond understanding, which she probably should have expected, but didn’t really. “Uh, yeah,” Megara agreed, giving him a smile. It still felt awkward, like everything about her body felt awkward right now. Disappointed? She ran her eyes over his body for a second, trying to imagine it smaller and ganglier. “I doubt it,” she rebutted simply.

Not interrupting anything was good, since it meant that they could actually talk, although could end up bad if he had to run off somewhere. Then again, then she might be able to actually accomplish this actual DNA thing. “All your co-workers ended up different ages as well? Yeah, we’re dealing with that down at the paper as well,” she agreed, moving closer to him. Closer was better, not just for her ‘secret mission’ purposes, but also so he wouldn’t notice some of her weirdness.

“The senior copyeditor turned into a twelve year old,” she told him with a smirk on her face. “And for some reason the editor was absolutely sure that she could still do her job, so they gave her some articles to copy read, only it turns out a twelve year old can’t really handle that sort of work and just rewrote the story to make them ‘funnier’.” Megara was lucky that her articles didn’t go to the senior, but she’d read some of the things that came down from her suddenly young boss, and it hadn’t been good.

“So there’s lots of yelling and pressure about meeting deadlines and who’s going to do work and all that, and I just needed to get away from all of that.” It wasn’t entirely true, but it was true enough to work as an excuse. “So I thought I’d head here. I mean, my list of friends that I can spend time with at times like this is pretty short,” she added, her words far more self-deprecating than her voice was; she’d been a much happier and less cynical person during college, before she’d dropped out.

“Mind if I keep you company for a while?” If she was her proper aged self maybe she’d accompany the request with a touch on his arm or fluttered eyelashes, but there was no way that move wouldn’t be awkward now. She settled for smiling at him.

TAG: HECTOR MEYER | WORDS: 507 | NOTES: sorry not sorry

--------------------
user posted image
It's too cliche
I won't say I'm in love
  pm   email
^
♔HECTOR MEYER
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 02:21 AM
NEW LOCAL
27 years

it's a beautiful new day
Megara doubted what? That teenage Hector hadn't been anything to write home about? He laughed, feeling a little more at ease making fun of himself than trying to scramble to make sure she didn't think he was insulting her. "No, really. I didn't start bulking up until after I hit twenty. So I had like, these broad shoulders and skinny legs and a constant farmer's tan." Belatedly, he realized that maybe this wasn't the right line of conversation considering the crush he was definitely nursing on her, but too late now. Regardless, it wasn't like Meg seemed super impressed with him even now that his muscles were larger and more proportional.

It still was weird to talk about all this so bluntly. He hadn't quite known what to expect on Elias, especially given how ridiculous some of Phil's stories had seemed back in Bangor, but over the past year it'd become obvious that people were more comfortable just ignoring the elephant in the room. It didn't matter that everyone knew that everyone else had weird superpower stuff going on, talking about it was just a step too far. But Meg was here, brightly explaining all the issues the paper was having with suddenly too-young employees. The thought of a newspaper being made 'funnier' by a twelve year old was hilarious enough to make Hector laugh again. Hilarious and... maybe not an awful idea? "Maybe she's right. I mean, the news is weird and bad enough most days. Maybe we should focus on the funnier parts?"

The deadlines and pressure thing, though, not so great. Hector couldn't help but wince, so, so glad that his job didn't involve any of that. Yeah, fighting fires was a whole other kind of pressure, but he'd always felt underwater trying to deal with due dates and assignments in high school. To do it every day seemed like torture. It was a distracting enough thought that he almost missed the fact that she'd all but referred to him as a friend. Almost. Luckily, hurrying to assure her that she was welcome stopped him from doing something stupid like calling her out on it. "Yes! I mean, no, I don't mind. Please," he said, unable to help the smile on his face as he scrambled to drag one of the empty chairs over to the desk. Technically it was bordering on being against the rules, having visitors while he was on call, but given the circumstances, he was pretty sure he was okay. "Gosh. That doesn't sound like fun so I don't blame you for wanting to get away." It did make him wonder, though. "Is it always like that? Minus the twelve year olds."
tag: MEGARA CREON / heather | words: 462 | notes: good bc i'm also not sorry :P <3
robb stark

--------------------
  pm   email
^
♔MEGARA CREON
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 03:18 AM
New Local
31 years

Megara was 100% coming up with a mental image of a teenage Hector in her mind, and it was not very flattering. “But wait, hold on, how dark a farmer’s tan?” she asked, clearly amused. Her face looked more open than usual, and a little happier, rather than the small amusement she would ordinarily show. “I’m imagining, like, a dorito on top with a super dark tan up to like, here,” she gestured towards her own upper arms, about half-way down where she thought a t-shirt might have ended. “And then super, pasty white underneath it.” Honestly, Meg needed pictures, and she was very disappointed that she wouldn’t get any.

God, he was just so positive and optimistic. Megara didn’t get someone having that kind of worldview, in general, and especially someone with Hector’s past. Sure, Meg knew more about Hector’s past than he did – he didn’t know anything about the whole murderous uncle thing for example – but he was still knowingly here looking for his birth parents who he thought had abandoned him, so. Not exactly the kind of thing that made someone go ‘yeah, news needs to be happier’.

“In general, maybe, sure?” she said, because she just couldn’t bring herself to completely point out all the ways he was wrong. “Like there was a story about the fundraiser down at the elementary school, and apparently they’re raising money to buy dinosaurs, which is cool. But it definitely didn’t work for all of the stories, and especially when some of what she put into the stories was just … outright … lies.” And sometimes really awkward and inappropriate lies, the kind with implications that went over a twelve year old’s head. She didn’t mention that either.

It wasn’t surprising that Hector rushed to make sure she stuck around, but it was still a relief. Meg smiled back at him, mostly lost as he went to get her a chair and make her comfortable. She took the chair with a quick thanks, leaning back in the chair immediately. “Uh, not really,” she said with small smile, folding her hands to rest on her stomach. “I mean, sure it’s always busy and always a rush up to deadlines, but I normally get my stuff in early anyway, so it doesn’t affect me much.” Mostly because if she didn’t and Hayden needed something from her, she would be screwed – and Megara liked her job. “Plus I don’t send my stuff to the senior copywriter anyway, I get one of the others.” She wasn’t that senior on the staff.

“What about around here?” she asked, glancing around again. “I thought it might be quieter – I mean, it could have been louder just as easy – but it looks super dead.” She looked back at Hector, arching an eyebrow at him. “I assume your job isn’t normally this boring?” Because that’s what sitting around here all day would be, honestly.

TAG: HECTOR MEYER | WORDS: 486 | NOTES: okay outright not sorry

--------------------
user posted image
It's too cliche
I won't say I'm in love
  pm   email
^
♔HECTOR MEYER
 Posted: Jul 6 2018, 11:09 PM
NEW LOCAL
27 years

it's a beautiful new day
Hector hadn't thought he'd changed all that much, minus a few added wrinkles and extra flab, but the fact that he laughed without a hint of embarrassment at Megara's quite unflattering description was a sign that maybe he had. Sure, there was still a little bit of self-consciousness: he liked her, and what guy wanted to be mocked for his appearance by a woman they liked? But it felt more like friendly teasing than anything cruel, and her delight was enough to erase any discomfort, especially with how open and relaxed it was making her look. "Oh, pretty dark. With awkward freckles, too. You're actually not that far off? But less Dorito and more... less built." Despite the upper body strength he'd developed fairly early on, he hadn't started bulking up until Phil had properly taught him how, probably in no small part due to his Ma's cooking.

Okay, maybe it'd been a bit much to expect general optimism from someone in the body of a literal child. "Dinosaurs? Man, okay, I take it back," he said, amused but willing to acknowledge that maybe Meg was right here. "Funny but not really... news." He shook his head, his brain coming up with all sorts of crazy images of an office-turned-playground, complete with markers on the wall and sweets wrappers scattered everywhere. The Chief had probably had the right idea in just keeping people at home if they were... incapacitated. "That sounds like a disaster."

It was weird, really. On its own, Hector's appearance didn't look all that different, and his demeanour wasn't all that different either. But put together, more than one person had mentioned it was a small but noticeable change, and he was finding the same was true with Megara. She looked younger, yeah, but not so much that she looked like a completely different person. She was still quick-witted and still enjoyed teasing him. But leaning back now, smiling at him, she looked... different. More approachable, maybe, which didn't make sense because this was the same Meg he'd seen a few weeks ago. "Oh, well that's good. Means it'll be easier to get back to normal, I guess?" It was interesting to hear about her job, even as vaguely as this was. He knew what she did, but he didn't really have a good idea about all the nitty gritty details.

He outright laughed at her arched eyebrow. "No, it's not, promise. A lot of people think we just laze around waiting for calls, but it's usually a lot busier. Doing paperwork, training, making sure we do all the requirements to stay certified, keeping up to code in general... you know." He shrugged, a little sheepish, at how boring that all sounded put like that. It wasn't like he wanted her to think it wasn't all that much more interesting than an office desk, because 'firefighter' seemed to impress most people (well, most people other than Megara), but he also wasn't going to lie. "But the Chief said it was all kinds of violations for anyone who was suddenly super old or young, so it's... pretty quiet since we're spread more thin than normal." A little more awkwardly, he rubbed at the back of his neck. "Sorry it's not a more interesting day for you to visit."
tag: MEGARA CREON / heather | words: 572 | notes: long oops <3
robb stark

--------------------
  pm   email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options     add reply   new topic

• c
  • b
  • o
  • x
administratormoderator
BE RESPECTFUL AND NO SPAMMING!
join us on discord!
remote cbox