• welcome to
    a disney personified roleplay
  • welcome!
    WE ARE AN ADVANCED, NO WORD COUNT, DISNEY PERSONIFIED ROLEPLAY, SET ON AN ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF MAINE. AFTER AN EARTHQUAKE ROCKS THE ISLAND, THE INHABITANTS ARE STARTING TO GAIN SOME POWERFUL NEW ABILITIES.

please register with first and last names! ex:
    MICKEY MOUSE
    news: 07/01: check out our camp nano event! --- 06/01: with the sun of summer comes a festival celebrating everything artistic! --- 04/01: another april fool's curse means people are ageing up and down! --- 01/31: the super blue blood moon has taken away everyone's powers!
  • stats!
    female
    male
    non-binary
    high school
    university
    local
    new local
  • elias admin
    elias admin
    elias admin
  • JESSIE PRIDE
    MARIE MARMONT
    REMY MULOT, THEO MA &
    SALLY CARRERA

add reply   new topic   new poll

future events
♔AMANDA
 Posted: Jun 29 2017, 10:19 AM
DO THE THING
ADMIN
26 years
#RUDENESS & UNNECESSARILY ELABORATE SPREADSHEETS

Hey guys! Recently we've been feeling that an event every other month is a good idea as it gives everyone time to get going in their plots from the previous one without having so much going on at once it's overwhelming. We'd like your feedback though, on this and other things. It's much more fun if everyone gets a say in things (:

Feel free to answer as many or as few questions as you'd like: you don't have to have an answer for every little thing.

How is the timing on events? Is one every other month good for you guys, too, or would you rather have them more often or less often?
Is the roulette worth continuing if you want to participate but don't have particular ideas? Should we try doing some with three characters instead of just pairing everyone up? Any suggestions for changes to how it's done?
Do you have ideas for future events? They can be general (e.g., 'I'd like more dealing with issues with powers!' or 'another natural (or unnatural) disaster' or 'I like party-type events') or as specific as you want. Or even things you don't want!

We can't guarantee we'll do everything suggested, of course, but we'd really love some input so we can figure out what you guys want and what you don't. <3
  pm   email
^
ANNA HANSSEN
 Posted: Jul 1 2017, 04:28 AM
For the first time in forever, at least I have a chance
University Student
20 years
Bond Empowerment

I really like and prefer to have the events every two months and not every month, and the thread roulette is a lot of fun; it allows for some really interesting pairings and figuring out ways to stick random characters together, which is great. Groups of three or even four could be a lot of fun too, rather than all pairings.

I'd probably like more of a mix of fluffy fun, non-plotting/non-power related events like balls, parties, the carnival etc. and ones that are linked to powers and the underlying plot. We definitely do have them, but especially lately I feel like we've had a lot of power related ones recently and there may be a bit of fatigue? From me anyway. So perhaps moving forward switching between them a bit more?

As for ideas: some sort of summer camp or back to school program would be nice for next month. I always enjoy Halloween related things, and maybe something charity related? Actions and the sort are always a lot of fun too, and I'm looking forward to the upcoming musical.
  pm
^
DOBRUSHIN GABBLE
 Posted: Jul 2 2017, 02:49 AM
way down deep inside I've got a dream
local
32 years
enhanced durability & thread manipulation

Essentially I agree with everything above. I'm on the busy/slow side, so I always find myself surprised when a new month rolls around. Having the events spaced every two months gives me a bit more breathing room, and I really like that.

I would definitely like to see more non-power events - having a major disaster level event happen every two months is a lot to go through, plus for characters that don't have super flashy powers I sometimes find myself in a bit of a plotting rut. It just gives more variety of openings, and lets the characters have a breather between big power surges. :3

Ideas... well with the most recent earthquakes, maybe some sort of fundraising event for repairs? The 4th is this week, and Maine is in the US, so there should definitely be some sort of fireworks display! Maybe there's an Elias Founder's Day at some point where there are traditional public celebrations? There's also the possibility for visitors to the island - maybe a traveling performance or a concert of some kind. Uhhh an eccentric rich local could create a scavenger hunt contest for a reward, or there could be some sort of non-power-based natural event, like the upcoming eclipse, or a big storm coming up the coast - heck even a shipwreck or plane crash?

--------------------
Accent: New York Russian, moderate
  pm   aim
^
♔AMANDA
 Posted: Nov 26 2017, 06:10 PM
DO THE THING
ADMIN
26 years

Just a quick bump to remind people that this is a thing! Your input is fabulous and really, really helps, so <3
  pm   email
^
♔AMANDA
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 01:01 PM
DO THE THING
ADMIN
26 years

Another bump! We have plenty of ideas for the upcoming months, but it's always nice to get more input, as specific or general as you want (:
Also just clarification that suggestions don't necessarily have to be for the immediate future: if you have an idea for, say, October or December, or even revolving around a certain holiday, feel free to suggest it even though they're ages away!
  pm   email
^
NICHOLAS NORTH
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 02:07 PM
As long as one child believes, we will be here to fight fear.
Local
48 years
PORTAL CREATION & ANIMAL TELEPATHY

So as someone who has a lot of younger characters, I think a job shadow event for HS-College kids could be fun?

Almost like the mentor programs but for business owners/managers let the kids follow them around and get job/life experience? Plus it would make some pretty unlikely pairings which could be fun!

I'll keep thinking, but that one popped into my head so I thought I would jot it down!
  pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options     add reply   new topic   new poll

• c
  • b
  • o
  • x
administratormoderator
BE RESPECTFUL AND NO SPAMMING!
join us on discord!
remote cbox