• welcome to
    a disney personified roleplay
  • welcome!
    WE ARE AN ADVANCED, NO WORD COUNT, DISNEY PERSONIFIED ROLEPLAY, SET ON AN ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF MAINE. AFTER AN EARTHQUAKE ROCKS THE ISLAND, THE INHABITANTS ARE STARTING TO GAIN SOME POWERFUL NEW ABILITIES.

please register with first and last names! ex:
    MICKEY MOUSE
    news: 07/01: check out our camp nano event! --- 06/01: with the sun of summer comes a festival celebrating everything artistic! --- 04/01: another april fool's curse means people are ageing up and down! --- 01/31: the super blue blood moon has taken away everyone's powers!
  • stats!
    female
    male
    non-binary
    high school
    university
    local
    new local
  • elias admin
    elias admin
    elias admin
  • JESSIE PRIDE
    MARIE MARMONT
    REMY MULOT, THEO MA &
    SALLY CARRERA

add reply   new topic   new poll

we're just beautiful people, lorelei/vixie
♔DAPHNE IRVING
 Posted: Aug 2 2017, 04:53 PM
TELL US ONE OF YOUR ADVENTURES!
LOCAL
26 years
WATER EMPOWERMENT & PRIDE MANIPULATION

with beautiful problems
Summer had always been Daphne's favorite season. Perhaps it was a side-effect of growing up near the Outer Banks, but even here in Maine, where summers were nowhere near as hot and sticky, the moment the sun started shining more regularly, it was like her mood only increased with the temperature. Most years, she'd paused in her regular irregular flitting from job to job during the warmest months. She'd pretended it was because she didn't want to have to compete with whiny college kids and she'd rather just wait until they went back to school, but the reality was more based in the fact that having absolutely nothing to do but lounge on the beach and soak up the sun was a far better prospect.

Coming to the end of what was her second year in a row working in a stable (ugh) job with an actual cubicle and desk and all the bullshit that came with that, she knew more than ever that younger her had had the right idea. It was August now, and the end of summer was approaching more rapidly than she could stand. College would be starting again soon and the rest of the sleepy little island would go back into hibernation mode until graduation.

So taking a 'personal day' in the middle of the work week sounded like a damn good idea to Daphne. She called up Lorelei (one of the perks of having one of her best friends have a job that wasn't quite the typical nine to five), grabbed her beach stuff, and hit the sand. They'd migrated a bit more north, away from the sunbathing tourists and drunken college students, to enjoy a larger stretch of beach to themselves. And, of course, the opportunity to mess around with the water. Daphne's own water-related power wasn't flashy at all, not like Lorelei's, but she'd learned to let go of her jealousy. Maybe she couldn't do the cool shit that her friend could, but there was something to be said about, like, turning everything up to 11 just by being around the water, particularly since she'd already loved doing that.

"Remind me again why I'm still at the Gazette?" she asked with a sigh. "I could just tell them to shove it. Serena could take vacation days since she has too much of a hard-on for fondling money to actually quit, and the three of us could just like, hop on the ferry, rent a car, and have a last-ditch summer road trip. Hit some new bars, flirt with some new people." It was so, so tempting.
tag: LORELEI ATTWATER / vixie | words: 451 | notes: let me know if anything doesn't work or you need more <3
robb stark

--------------------
Dialect: Atlantic Midland American
  pm   email
^
LORELEI ATTWATER
 Posted: Aug 20 2017, 03:37 PM
Come on dearie. Join us for a Swim
Local
24 years
Hydrokinesis and Siren Song

Cool For The Summer
"Don't ask me why," Lorelei said with a shrug when her friend asked why she was roll working at the Gazette. She wasn't quite a good person to ask though because Lorelei didn't really know the meaning of working. While she may have technically had a job as a lifeguard it was very casual and Lorelei didn't take it all too seriously. Why should she when her mothers still paid for everything she wanted now and as soon as she turned twenty five she'd have a trust fund which would provide for her. The only she had a job in the first place was because her mothers told her she had to get one.

"I mean the gazette doesn't even know how to utilize your talents." Not that ever read the Elias gazette because reading was beyond boring unless it was a magazine like Vogue. Even then she didn't so much read them as she did flip through the photo shoots to see the latest fashion trends. She could assume that Daphne was too good for the gazette though because she loved the girl and knew she happened to have excellent taste. "Yeah good luck trying to tear Serena away," she said playing absentmindedly with a small ball of water hovering over her hand, "I love money as much as the next person, but I prefer mine on a credit card." The actual bills were just so dirty and gross.

"I however would be down for a road trip in a heartbeat." Her bosses always knew she was flaky about showing up to work, but they kept her around because despite it all Lorelei was a damn good swimmer and could handle herself when trouble came up. "Because I am in desperate need of some new eye candy." There were plenty of good looking people on the island and a number of people that Lorelei regularly hooked up with, but she had a short attention span and was always on the look out for something new. "But I guess a responsible boring person would probably ask what you'd do if you didn't have your gazette job."

tag: DAPHNE IRVING • it's awesome outfit

--------------------
user posted image
  pm
^
♔DAPHNE IRVING
 Posted: Sep 18 2017, 10:55 PM
LOCAL
26 years

with beautiful problems
There were many, many things that Lorelei and Serena were good at, but one of the things Daphne appreciated the most was their steadfast support of her. She knew she was too good for the Gazette, because duh, but the ego boost was always welcome. "Fucking true, that. But at least I have even a tiny bit of influence, I guess? Imagine if the op-ed was run by someone as annoying as that Erasmus guy." It was just adding insult to injury that the man was gorgeous, because from what Daphne could tell, he actually bought the whole agony aunt shtick he was selling, which, seriously?

Daphne wrinkled her nose, lazily watching the light refractions in the spinning ball Lor was playing with. "Me, too. Cash has its uses but it's such a pain in the ass." And gross and dirty and useless if you tore it or got it too wet or lost it. Credit cards were so much more convenient. But try telling that to Serena. (They had. It hadn't done any good.) Honestly, Daphne had no idea what was so appealing about ragged cloth-paper that Serena willingly put up with working with some of the most boring people on Elias (and that was saying something), but she'd long since given up on trying to understand it.

The part of her that had perked up at the road trip idea being well received deflated at the mention of responsibility. "Ugh. Who the fuck knows. I feel like I've tried every stupid job on this godforsaken island by this point." Not life-guarding, like Lorelei, but Daphne would leave that to her friend. Too much sun, too many pasty, flabby asses, and not enough perks. "College was a fucking joke but sometimes I wonder if it'd been worth it to like, sleep my way to a degree." The idea had some merit, even if deep down she knew she wouldn't have had to resort to that had she actually wanted the grades enough.

"Still, maybe just riding off into the sunset would be a better idea. At least for a while. I mean, come on, you can't tell me being a lifeguard on this beach is your idea of a lifelong job." The beach wasn't bad, but it was Maine, not Malibu. Daphne wasn't going to make it like, an actual heart-to-heart, because that wasn't their thing except in the most dire of consequences, but seriously, what, except her best friends, was worth sticking around for?
tag: LORELEI ATTWATER / vixie | words: 438 | notes: <3
robb stark

--------------------
  pm   email
^
LORELEI ATTWATER
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 04:38 PM
Local
24 years

Cool For The Summer
"Erasmus. God could a name get any more pretentious than that." What his parents were thinking Lorelei would never know. "He's the one who writes the Dear Abby like column write? Who the hell writes in to him? I mean there is this thing called the internet where you can post your sad problems and get lots of people giving you their useless advice." Daphne had a good point though because if someone was like was writing the op-ed, Lor would be even less inclined to read the damn thing then she was now.

"One day we will be rid of it and then what will Serena have," Lorelei said with a smirk, "or maybe she'll just continue to collect even after it's out of date like one of the insane coin collectors." She was only partly joking because a part of her could see this actually happening. Lorelei adored Serena of course, but that didn't spare her from Lorelei ragging on her behind her back. And of course she expected that when Serena and Daphne were together without her they would rag on her as well. That was just a part of what their friendship entailed. No one was spared their catty nature.

"Well I can't chime in on that. As you know I chose to avoid the whole academic aspect of college. My moms would have been thrilled if I'd gone, but seriously there was nothing of interest to me about it besides parties." Why would the blonde need a college degree anyway when she had plans to be internet famous and to live off her trust fund? Marrying into money was also not out of the running. "You could start writing on your own? Something Carrie in Sex in the City. Guess that doesn't pay much at first though. So you could try to go old school and get a patron or rather a patroness."

Lor laughed when Daphne mentioned her life guarding not being a lifelong job. "Of course not. I can quit as soon as I turn twenty five and I get access to my trust fund. And then I'll finally live the life of a true socialite and I'll like hire an editor for my YouTube videos and stuff. I've got one more year to before that though so riding off into the sunset in search of eye candy sounds good to me. Eye candy with large amounts of money of their own would be even better."

--------------------
user posted image
  pm
^
♔DAPHNE IRVING
 Posted: Oct 24 2017, 11:47 PM
LOCAL
26 years

with beautiful problems
Daphne snorted. "I know, right? It makes it even worse that he's actually hot as fuck. You gotta wonder what the hell his damage is -- besides the name, obviously -- that he gets off on giving mediocre, cliché love advice to desperate soccer moms and ugly college girls instead of using his looks in a more productive way." Sure, part of her was just bitter that he was in a position to tell people what he thought of them and where they could go and didn't actually make it interesting, but she was being completely honest. She only saw him around the office every now and then, but it sure as hell wasn't what she'd expect a male Dear Abby to look like. He didn't deserve a face like that with as boring a personality as he seemed to have.

She laughed aloud at the mental image of Serena finally losing her precious cash. "I don't think bitcoins have the same appeal," she said, even though she still didn't understand what about paper money was so appealing. Maybe the tangibility? But if that were the case, why not just buy something ridiculously luxurious and comfortable and be done with it? Whatever, whatever floated Serena's strange, little boat.

It was a relief that all three of them were on the same page about what a fucking waste of time and money college was. If there was one thing Daphne couldn't stand (and okay, fine, maybe there were way too many things she couldn't stand), it was pseudo-intellectuals who acted like a B.A. automatically made them better than anyone who hadn't forked out hundreds of thousands of dollars to hear the same bullshit over and over. It was just a circle-jerk of pretension, honestly. "And sure as hell not on Bumfuck Island, Maine. Maybe if it was like, UCLA or Tulane. Hell, even UMaine would be a better sight than the Academy."

Regardless of a degree, though, Lor's suggestion to go all Carrie wasn't awful. "Getting paid to throw shade at every dumb fuck on this island and not have to worry about toeing the line with someone who's concerned about 'family friendliness' or 'image'? Hell yes." She sighed. "But unless you know someone who's got the kind of cash to be a patron, I think I might be shit out of luck." It was something to think about, though, especially since Lorelei was getting to the point where social media was a valid option. "But hey, maybe sometime you can use your social media crown and help me figure out if I could run my own Gossip Girl style exposé blog. I mean, it'd be a challenge and a half to make the people here seem interesting enough for anyone to care, but if anyone can do it, it'd be me."

Daphne wasn't usually all that envious of her friends, at least not in terms of material objects, but she groaned aloud at the mention of a 'trust fund'. "Ugh, fucking trust fund baby. I kind of hate you right now, you know that, right?" She wasn't entirely joking, but if it had to be anyone that had it that much easier than her, Lorelei was an acceptable choice. "But yeah, let's make it happen. Plan a road trip out to like, the Hamptons or something, and get some stupid rich daddy's boys to pamper us. Hell, maybe the prospect of cash getting thrown around would get Serena onboard, too."
tag: LORELEI ATTWATER / vixie | words: 594 | notes: <3
robb stark

--------------------
  pm   email
^
LORELEI ATTWATER
 Posted: Jan 1 2018, 09:55 PM
Local
24 years

Cool For The Summer
He must have been one of those people who didn’t come into their looks until they got older,” Lorelei suggested, “Ugly and teased when he was younger so he doesn’t realize now that he can use his looks to do bigger and better things.” Because it was just so impossible to be that good looking and also be such a good person. You had to choose one or the other and their world. “I’m sure those women just lap up everything he says too knowing how good looking he is,” the blonde said with a shake of her head, “because their lives are so dull and bleak. I almost pity them.” She turned and smirked at Daphne. “Almost, but not quite because in the end who cares about their crappy lives.

Lorelei shrugged when Daphne pointed out that bitcoin didn’t have the same appeal as the real thing. “She’ll have to find something else then. Like jewelry. Now that is something I would approve of collecting.” Though it didn’t have the same feel as paper money it did have value. “I’m sure it’s a long way off still anyway. I mean most of the stores here don’t even accept Apple Pay yet.” It was a tragedy in her how behind the times Elias could be. The blonde nodded in agreement. “Yes if you were going to go anywhere it couldn’t be to this academy. UCLA would be an making choice or NYU. Anywhere with a big city where you could do some decent socializing.

She considered for a moment when Daphne asked about if she knew anyone willing to be a patron for her, but no one really jumped to mind. “Sorry darling I only know the boring sort who would disapprove of something as ‘controversial’ as that.” It was much safer to contribute to charities nowadays instead of investing in individuals as was done in the past. “You could try Patreon.” She was the queen of social media and that seemed to be the place to get funded nowadays. “Oooh that is exactly what this island needs,” Lorelei said with a grin, “and hopefully a blog like that would shake things up enough to create new drama for you to report on.

Lorelei continued to grin at her friend as she declared she hated her. “I know I’m one lucky bitch,” she teased. The blonde had a privileged life and she wouldn’t give it up for the world. And if people hated her for it then that was their problem. “Alright just pick a date and I’m in. The Hamptons sounds just perfect to me.” Now they just had to entice Serena to join them. “If That isn’t enough for her I’m sure that wherever we go will have plenty of lovely ladies for her to pick from as well.

--------------------
user posted image
  pm
^
♔DAPHNE IRVING
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 11:37 PM
LOCAL
26 years

with beautiful problems
"Ugh." Lor was probably right, but that didn't excuse Erasmus, in Daphne's eyes. "Still, looks like that don't just appear overnight. He's had years to learn how to use them, and instead of rubbing it in the faces of everyone who ever made fun of him, he's... boring." Boring was almost worse than ugly. At least ugly people couldn't do anything, short of plastic surgery or a fabulous makeover. Boring, though, was just offensive. She didn't necessarily need him to have an attitude like hers or her friends, but as it was, his personality had absolutely nothing of interest to her. Nor did those of the whiny women who wrote to him for advice. "Not even almost," she disagreed. "Everyone has crappy lives. Instead of actually doing something to make it interesting, they just whine about it to someone just as dull and bleak.'

Ugh. Daphne didn't have the most interesting of lives -- pretty much impossible on Elias Island, even if the powers had made things far more so -- but at least the things she did do, she tried to make worth a second look. "Fuck yes. Think we could somehow trick her into trading her obsession with paper money for one with diamonds?" Sure, she didn't think Serena made enough for it to be a big collection, but it was a start. "Still just as much of a status symbol, only shiny and gorgeous instead of grimy and flimsy." Even diamonds wouldn't bring the rest of the island into the 21st century, but it'd be a start. "Of those, UCLA." Daphne didn't even have to think about that. "It has real beaches, not these shitty ones, and less annoying people than New York." She was just pretty damn sick of the East Coast in general, honestly. "But, hell, I'd take NYU over Elias in a heartbeat. Even if it is dreary." Too bad she wasn't even slightly interested in school.

Even if Daphne had mostly been kidding, it was still a disappointment that Lorelei didn't have any immediate genius ideas. Patreon, though. "That's an idea. That's, like, where people can put up shit they write or create or whatever and people pay monthly to access them, right?" Maybe the Gazette had no interest in her juicier pieces, but if there was anything Daphne knew for sure, it was that the Internet loved drama. "If I do, you're going to promo me on your Instagram or YouTube or whatever," she said, not even bothering to phrase it as a question. Building up a fanbase like Lor's took time, and Daphne wasn't patient enough for that. "I'll obviously write a glowing review of you, naturally."

This was just one reason why Daphne loved her best friends: they were always (well, almost always) on the same page as she was. "Fuck yes. I'll take a look at how many vacation days I have and we'll have to drag Serena out." She knew better than to think rich daddy's boys would have any appeal to Serena, and was almost offended that Lorelei thought she wouldn't. "Well, duh. We'll just get the rich boys on the hook first, use them for their money, and hook up with the lovely ladies. Hell," she said with an ungraceful snort, "some of them would probably be tripping over themselves to watch just a makeout session. Sounds like a winning combination to me." Yeah, in some ways, she was the worst stereotype of a bisexual woman, but she wasn't about to fucking apologize for it. She liked men, she liked women, she liked pretty things, and she liked having her way. Combining them all was hardly something she was going to be ashamed of.

She didn't know whether it was thinking about the Hamptons trust fund babies or the previous discussion about gracing the internet with her writing, or a combination of both, but Daphne sat up and gasped. "Holy fuck. Okay. Picture this: Gossip Girl: Elias edition." It didn't sound appealing, but she was sure Lorelei would see how fucking genius it was once she was done. "This island is full of losers, right? I mean, we've been making fun of them for far too long. You called for a drama blog? We can flood the internet with all the amazing stories we have of these fuck-ups, freaks, and losers. It'll be hilarious!" It was basically what Lorelei had mentioned earlier, but this was different. This wasn't Daphne trying to make money with her name attached; it was so much better. "Think about it! Your social media know-how, my writing skills, Serena's obsession with money? Between the three of us we can come up with an amazing blog and figure out how to make money off of it." And, perhaps best of all, finally get to share their amazing, scathing critique of this island with people who would actually appreciate it.
tag: LORELEI ATTWATER / vixie | words: 850 | notes: <3
robb stark

--------------------
  pm   email
^
LORELEI ATTWATER
 Posted: Jun 4 2018, 09:05 PM
Local
24 years

Cool For The Summer
I wonder if anyone has tried to show him how he should be acting with his looks,” Lor wondered aloud to Daphne, “Not that I’m volunteering us or anything. I’m just curious if he’s made any kind of effort.” While they were looking for a project Lorelei didn’t think they should choose a guy. They weren’t as fun to makeover in her opinion and they usually didn’t appreciate it as much as another girl would. “Have they ever put his picture in the paper? That might explain why some of the women write in. For the chance they’ll catch his notice like in some soppy novel.

Lorelei considered for a moment before answering Daphne. “Definitely not as long as she works in that bank and gets to handle money all the time,” Lorelei pointed out, “now if we could get her working in a jewelry store that might change it. And hopefully she’d get us perks in the store too.” Because what was the point if there was nothing to gain for the two of them. “I think you’d do very well at UCLA or maybe one of schools in California that closer to the beach. Ugh I can imagine how nice that would be. Minus the whole classes and exams things of course. So I guess I’m saying it would just be nice to move there.

The blonde nodded yes to Daphne’s explanation of Patreon. “That’s it exactly and I think you’d do well on there.” All she’d have to do was post a picture to show just how lovely she was and Lor was sure she’d get fans. Then once that got the ball rolling her work would speak for itself. “Of course I’d promote you in a heartbeat,” Lorelei said with a grin to her friend, “That’s one of the perks of being one of my besties. You are more than welcome to take advantage of my social media influence.” If she cared for anyone it was for Daphne and Serena after all.

Then it settled. We will go as soon as we can arrange it. And as soon as I can buy some new clothes for the trip.” Because Lorelei always had to have new outfits for a trip even though the entire room she used as a closet was filled with clothes. The blonde just couldn’t repeat outfits because she was always posting pictures of herself and if one of her followers noticed it that would just be so embarrassing. “That‘s a fair point. Rich boys aren’t good for much else, but their money with those egos of theirs.” A true irony coming from someone with quite an ego of her own.

It have never occurred to Lorelei that Elias could use its own version of the Gossip girl column. She’d been a fan of the tv show. Though not a fan enough to read the books. Daphne did have a good point about how the gossip they talked about the islanders would lend itself well to it. Also about how they each had a talent that would lend itself well to the project. “You don’t have to ask me twice. I would be down for anything that shakes this place up. We start circulating it amongst the college students. They’d be the most interested in it. Then it’ll grow like wildfire from there I’m sure.

--------------------
user posted image
  pm
^
♔DAPHNE IRVING
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 01:32 AM
LOCAL
26 years

with beautiful problems
Daphne only snorted. "Trust me, with his reactions to the few comments I've made? He's just as pathetic as the people who write him." It was a disappointment but honestly wasting any more breath on Erasmus would be just that: a waste. "It's a shame: maybe some of the sad sacks who rely on his 'advice' wouldn't be as pathetic if they looked that good. Too bad he can't give it away as an act of charity. But no, as hilarious as it would be to see the thirsty-ass idiots drool all over him, let's not. Then they might start thinking he has a point since he looks attractive."

She'd never understand Serena's obsession with physical forms of money, but there was no hesitating. "Jewelry win over grimy cash any hour of the day. Think we could get her to switch gears? Shiny bling ought to win with her, too, but who the fuck knows." Not that it'd make any difference to them: if Serena didn't have sticky fingers at the bank, it wasn't likely she'd get any perks working at a jewelry shop, either, but it was the fact of the matter. "Ugh. Jewelry and Cali beaches. Why are we here with neither, again?"

It was almost definitely because moving, changing their circumstances, whatever, would rely on hard work, something Daphne had never been good at. Even trying to gather a large enough base on Patreon sounded like hard work, but at least that was something she could do from her computer. "Tell you what, I'll provide the booze if you come over sometime and help me get that started? Since you're the queen of all this." She was only slightly flattering Lorelei was the best/worst part; they all had things they were good at, but anything involving social media or getting people to fawn via the Internet was definitely Lor's domain. "Then once we're done we can go for that shopping spree. We both deserve to treat ourselves to something new and pretty."

'Rich boys'? "Boys in general aren't good for much else. Most men are only good for their dicks, so rich men are only good for their dicks and money. And since Serena's a useless lesbian and you're halfway there, yeah, rich ones are the only ones worth the effort." Even Serena had to see the value in stringing a bunch of dumbass boys along to get treated like a princess for a few hours, right? And if there was one thing Hampton was good for, it was the abundance of dumbass boys with rich daddies. "It'll be great, just wait. If nothing else, it can't be worse than a long weekend here on Elias."

Maybe Lorelei's reaction wasn't exactly jumping and screaming, but it was still positive enough that Daphne was feeling pretty damn smug. "The anonymous thing would only make it juicier. We're good at eavesdropping: if we find out enough things that someone thinks only their best friends forever could know," she said, only slightly mocking, "we could start some real drama. 'Shake this place up', like you said. Colleges are full of drama, even ones like the Academy. We just have to find the right gossip." And even if it was as disappointing as the rest of Elias, well. That had never stopped her, and she couldn't imagine it would her best friends, either. "And if we have to fudge a few details, who's gonna know?" Hell, they could probably end up planting some fake gossip just to get things riled up if need be. "Okay. New plan: alcohol and gossip rag, then shopping spree. Patreon can wait, at least for now."
tag: LORELEI ATTWATER / vixie | words: 641| notes: i feel we need to start the gossip rag for real lmao <3
robb stark

--------------------
  pm   email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options     add reply   new topic   new poll

• c
  • b
  • o
  • x
administratormoderator
BE RESPECTFUL AND NO SPAMMING!
join us on discord!
remote cbox