• welcome to
    a disney personified roleplay
  • welcome!
    WE ARE AN ADVANCED, NO WORD COUNT, DISNEY PERSONIFIED ROLEPLAY, SET ON AN ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF MAINE. AFTER AN EARTHQUAKE ROCKS THE ISLAND, THE INHABITANTS ARE STARTING TO GAIN SOME POWERFUL NEW ABILITIES.

please register with first and last names! ex:
    MICKEY MOUSE
    news: 07/01: check out our camp nano event! --- 06/01: with the sun of summer comes a festival celebrating everything artistic! --- 04/01: another april fool's curse means people are ageing up and down! --- 01/31: the super blue blood moon has taken away everyone's powers!
  • stats!
    female
    male
    non-binary
    high school
    university
    local
    new local
  • elias admin
    elias admin
    elias admin
  • JESSIE PRIDE
    MARIE MARMONT
    REMY MULOT, THEO MA &
    SALLY CARRERA

add reply   new topic   new poll

with you from dusk till dawn, snow siblings
MARISA ANDERSON
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 09:58 PM
not all marshmallows are sweet all the time.
university student
25 years
cryokinetic combat & undying loyalty

WE ARE THE WASTED YOUTH
Marisa sighed as she walked across campus to meet her brother in the quad by the student union, checking her watch as she did so. Normally, she would refuse to meet Olaf in the middle of the day, especially on days when she was working at the gym and had no need to go to campus, like today. But something about his voice when he had called her last night seemed urgent, which was very unlike him, so she agreed. Well, for that and for the food he had offered to get her, of course. Marisa hadn't had time so far this week to go grocery shopping and was sick of eating cereal, so this would be a nice reprieve.

Sitting down on the grass, she looked around again before pulling out her phone and texting Olaf a quick 'where are you?' before refiling through her purse and pulling out the book for this week's assigned readings. As much as she hated working and studying for her MBA at the same time, Marisa hated asking her parents for money. She had realized a long time ago that she had no reason to depend on them for anything, and she needed to be independent as soon as she could, so there wasn't ever time to waste.

It wasn't long before Marisa spotted Olaf walking towards her and waved, standing as she did so. Usually she wouldn't greet him this way, but she had just missed free food her baby brother lately. Besides, it would be time for him to graduate and leave Elias soon, so she wouldn't be seeing him nearly as much. Marisa pulled him into a hug, ruffling his hair lightly as well. "So, do you want to tell me what the huge hurry was, weirdo?" Something was up with him, she was sure of it.

OLAF ANDERSON | WC: 307 | JANUARY 2018 | we are family

--------------------
| | |
  pm
^
♔OLAF ANDERSON
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 05:46 AM
Some people are worth melting for
New Local
22 years
Snow Mimicry and Anatomical Liberation

The cold weather really didn’t bother either of them as much since they had each found they could do weird and wonderful things – or at least, that’s what Olaf had been assuming about Marisa. The cold definitely hadn’t been bothering him as much, and considering she had asked him to meet her outside at winter time – and it wasn’t the first time she’d done so – he figured it was the same to her. Olaf was pretty sure that Marisa couldn’t randomly turn into a snowman, but he was still thankful that he and his sister had this thing in common too.

He hurried down through the grounds of the place, slinging his red scarf over his shoulder, along with his backpack – he was running a bit late, which was terrible considering he had been the one to want to see her and not the other way around. She’d be waiting there for him anyway, Olaf was pretty sure, but he still didn’t like leaving her hanging. It probably wasn’t a long enough delay to make it worth sending her a message, but he still kind of wanted to anyway.

Eventually Olaf was there though, seeing Marisa from a little distance away and calling out her name. He hugged her back fiercely, although he couldn’t help but make a little face when she ruffled his hair – he didn’t hate it, but he could really do without it. “I wasn’t in a hurry,” he immediately objected, even though that wasn’t exactly true. He had made a decision, and he wanted to share that with her.

“I just decided about next year, that’s all. You know it’s been hard for me to pick a path,” he added. Psychology was a definite for Olaf, but picking the exact job path had been way more difficult than he had expected. “But I think I’ve decided now,” he added with a grin, rocking back on his heels. Hopefully Marisa would approve.

Tag: MARISA ANDERSON | Words: 325 | Notes: olaf is waiting for a dramatic drum roll

--------------------
Accent: Pacific Northwest American
user posted image
It might seem crazy what I'm about to say
Sunshine she's here, you can take away
I'm a hot air balloon, I could go to space
With the air, like I don't care baby by the way
  pm
^
MARISA ANDERSON
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 08:36 PM
university student
25 years

ALWAYS THINKING OUT LOUD
She hadn't been waiting awfully long, but Marisa could already notice the people around her shivering and heading back to nice, warm, comfortable shelter. For some reason, the cold wasn't bothering her. It hadn't for a couple of winters now, and while Olaf hadn't said anything about it, she had assumed that he felt the same way. After all, he would have said something once she had offered to meet outside, or at the very least he would be dressed in far more layers than he currently was.

Olaf had arrived a bit late, but then again, he was usually late to any of their meetings so it wasn't anything unexpected. He hugged her a bit tighter than normal, which worried her a bit. What was wrong? “I wasn’t in a hurry,” he immediately objected, even though she knew that wasn’t exactly true. His message had carried a sense of urgency that they usually didn't have, though she supposed she could have mixed that up with his ever-present excitement.

“I just decided about next year, that’s all. You know it’s been hard for me to pick a path,” he added. Marisa's eyes lit up with excitement, ears wide open for listening. She knew how passionate Olaf was about psychology, but he had been increasingly frustrated with the different options he had in front of him, so it was nice to know that he had finally chosen something.

“But I think I’ve decided now,” he added with a grin, rocking back on his heels. Marisa rolled her eyes impatiently, tapping her fingers on the table. "So what are you waiting for?" she asked. "Tell me already! Is it a Master's program? A PhD? Or medical school?" Marisa had nothing against going to medical school, on the contrary, in fact. No matter what type of further education her brother chose, she'd support him all the way…as long as he learned to be a bit more independent, that was.

OLAF ANDERSON | WC: 326 | JANUARY 2018 | tell big sister EVERYTHING

--------------------
| | |
  pm
^
♔OLAF ANDERSON
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 06:40 AM
New Local
22 years

Marisa looked impatient, and while part of Olaf felt bad for her, part of Olaf also felt like stretching it out, just because he could. He knew all about sibling rivalries – it was an interesting aspect that had given him some insight into his family, although they hadn’t done it in much depth to really help him out. Maybe that was something that he might want to look at from a graduate perspective, but on the other hand, Olaf still wasn’t sure how. Or even if it was a good idea, since it was so personal.

Still, the larger part of Olaf was the one who didn’t give into sibling rivalries, so he broke after a pause so short it might not even count as a pause. “Nope! I’ve decided to take a year off!” he announced cheerfully. “Because I couldn’t decide between the three of them – whether I wanted to go into the grad degree, or a professional degree, or medical school,”[/b he explained to her. [b]“And the deadlines were all coming up, and I didn’t want to be forced into anything. People don’t make their best decisions when they’re forced into it like that,” he explained, it clearly being something he was taught.

“So I decided not to make a decision this way! I figure by the time they open up again during my gap year – that’s what they call them, gap years because it’s a gap between studying, and doing something else, and then studying again – I’ll figure out what I really want to do, and then I’ll do that.” Olaf beamed at her, clearly very happy with this decision, and hoping (thinking, trusting) that Marisa would think the same.

Tag: MARISA ANDERSON | Words: 283 | Notes: <3

--------------------
user posted image
  pm
^
MARISA ANDERSON
 Posted: Apr 24 2018, 05:56 PM
university student
25 years

YOU SHOULD TAKE IT AS A COMPLIMENT
While Marisa and Olaf had always had a bit of a sibling rivalry, she loved her brother more than anything else and at the end of the day simply wanted whatever was best for him. If that meant her supporting his education at the cost of her own, so be it. Marisa refused to accept anything other than the best for her baby brother, so although it was difficult for her to wait until he made his own decision without her being so involved in the process, she hoped desperately that he had made the best decision. She knew that he could sense her impatience and anyone else might have taken advantage of that, but Olaf answered almost immediately; he wasn't the kind to force her to wait for such an important bit of news that he knew meant so much to her.

“Nope! I’ve decided to take a year off!” he announced cheerfully. Well, that…that was certainly unexpected. Marisa kept her mouth shut, waiting for him to explain before inputting her own opinion. She wanted to know how exactly he had come to this decision, and more importantly, why. “Because I couldn’t decide between the three of them – whether I wanted to go into the grad degree, or a professional degree, or medical school,” he explained to her. “And the deadlines were all coming up, and I didn’t want to be forced into anything. People don’t make their best decisions when they’re forced into it like that,” he said, clearly remembering that she had told him the very same thing when he was deciding on what his undergraduate major should be.

Sometimes, the way he paid attention to what she was saying was irritating, especially when it came back to bite her. “So I decided not to make a decision this way! I figure by the time they open up again during my gap year – that’s what they call them, gap years because it’s a gap between studying, and doing something else, and then studying again – I’ll figure out what I really want to do, and then I’ll do that.” Olaf beamed at her with his signature smile, clearly very happy with this decision and waiting for her reaction.

Marisa kept quiet for a few moments before carefully asking, "Have you done research on all this, Olaf? Do you know what you'll be doing in your gap year? Are you staying here or going back home, and if you're on Elias, where will you stay? You won't be able to be in the dorms, after all." She was hoping that he wouldn't think that she was trying to dissuade him or that she disapproved of his choice. In reality, Marisa was simply concerned about the person that she cared about most, and wanted to voice those concerns to him. "Don't misunderstand, I'm not disappointed in you or anything like that. I just…I've heard about a lot of people who choose to take a break from school and then never go back. You know that I just want the best for you, and I'm not sure you'll have that with just an undergraduate degree."

OLAF ANDERSON | WORDS: 527 | OUTFIT | she's a bit overprotective but oh well

--------------------
| | |
  pm
^
♔OLAF ANDERSON
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 06:45 AM
New Local
22 years

Olaf might not have expected this from Marisa – or not these kinds of arguments at least, he had expected some doubts from her – but that didn’t mean he wasn’t prepared for it. He had given this a lot of thought, just as much thought as he’d put into trying to make a decision of where to apply, and the decision had been easier. Sure, in one way, it was putting off a decision, at least for a year or so, but in another way, it was making a specific decision – just not one that anyone expected.

But it made perfect sense to him, even if he was sure everyone else would need some convincing. He was honestly most worried about Marisa, out of everyone – his mother wouldn’t care what he chose, as long as he picked something he loved, and his father would be happy as long as he had a plan. Marisa was the one who would ask the most questions, so this was really the test.

Lucky he was prepared for it. “I have,” he reassured her, still bringing brightly. “I’ve already got a job lined up as an internet at the hospital – they couldn’t give me mental health specifically since they don’t have a ward for it, but I can shadow the nurses and some of the doctors and ask them questions,” he explained, proud of this part.

“Plus, I wrote a bunch of letters to pretty much everyone I knew who’s doing something about it on the island. There’s a therapist and a newly opened psychiatrists office, so maybe I can meet up with them too!” He hadn’t heard back from any of them, but that didn’t mean he wasn’t still hopeful – it had only been a couple of weeks, after all.

“And I’ll find an apartment,” he added with a shrug. “I would have had to do that anyway, grad students don’t really stay in the dorms, they don’t normally have enough room for them.” It wasn’t impossible, but they gave preference to undergrads, which meant he would have to wait and see what happened – and Olaf wouldn’t have minded it, but he would have much preferred to set up his own space as early as possible, even if it meant rushing to find a free apartment. He still had time to organise that though.

“And I’m going to go back,” he said firmly. “I just don’t want to rack up that kind of debt without being certain, you know? Like, what if I start med school but a Masters’ degree ends up being more helpful for what I want to do. Or vice versa?” These were all the reasons that convinced him, but now he just had to hope they convinced Marisa. “It’ll be fine,” he tried to convince her. He really believed it.

Tag: MARISA ANDERSON | Words: 470 | Notes: he doesn't mind it lol

--------------------
user posted image
  pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options     add reply   new topic   new poll

• c
  • b
  • o
  • x
administratormoderator
BE RESPECTFUL AND NO SPAMMING!
join us on discord!
remote cbox