• welcome to
    a disney personified roleplay
  • welcome!
    WE ARE AN ADVANCED, NO WORD COUNT, DISNEY PERSONIFIED ROLEPLAY, SET ON AN ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF MAINE. AFTER AN EARTHQUAKE ROCKS THE ISLAND, THE INHABITANTS ARE STARTING TO GAIN SOME POWERFUL NEW ABILITIES.

please register with first and last names! ex:
    MICKEY MOUSE
    news: 07/01: check out our camp nano event! --- 06/01: with the sun of summer comes a festival celebrating everything artistic! --- 04/01: another april fool's curse means people are ageing up and down! --- 01/31: the super blue blood moon has taken away everyone's powers!
  • stats!
    female
    male
    non-binary
    high school
    university
    local
    new local
  • elias admin
    elias admin
    elias admin
  • JESSIE PRIDE
    MARIE MARMONT
    REMY MULOT, THEO MA &
    SALLY CARRERA

add reply   new topic   new poll

just playing a game in a way, trying to win at life, zarina | amanda
BELLA TINKER
 Posted: Dec 28 2017, 09:41 PM
I'm a tinker. It's who I am. And tinkers fix things.
high school student
16 years
mechanical intuition & wing manifestation

WE'RE JUST CARNIVAL HEARTS, YOU AND I
Winter break had been fairly uneventful this year, unlike the one before where Bella had suddenly found strange, translucent wings sprouting from her back. A year later, she had gotten quite adept at retracting and extending them when necessary (which was quite often, given that she couldn't just tell her parents she had grown wings overnight, of all things), but couldn't do much more than hover for a few seconds. This break she had spent working in the back of her parents' shop, crafting all sorts of new mechanical machines and inventions, some useful for daily tasks around the house and some simply for show in the store's window.

Of course, none of her friends had known about her habit of tinkering around with things; having been the last one (besides Zarina now) to join their friend group, she was already having doubts about being too much of an outsider, and couldn't bring herself to tell them the truth. That didn't mean that she had spent all of her days holed up in isolation from the world; it was mostly the contrary in fact. Bella hadn't had a ton of adventures outside in the snow (her new wings were prone to freezing), but it was enough to make her feel like she still belonged with them in a way.

Peter, on the other hand, had been missing for the entire vacation, and Bella couldn't help but notice that Wendy hadn't been around the island either. She felt her jealously flaring up and was about to have her entire mood ruined when she spotted Zarina walking from across the way. She had only just recently met her, but Bella felt like the two of them were more alike than both of them knew in a way, and so she was quite interested in getting to know her better. "Zarina!" Bella shouted, waving as she walked up to the other girl, smiling while she ignored the sudden itchiness from her wings. "Where did you go over break? The rest of us met up, but we couldn't find you at all."

ZARINA DELAHAYE | WC: 348 | JANUARY 2017 | time to talk

--------------------
| | |
  pm
^
♔ZARINA DELAHAYE
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 02:06 AM
YES, I KNOW, BUT 'WHY' IS THE QUESTION!
UNIVERSITY STUDENT
18 years
POWER MANIPULATION & FLIGHT MANIPULATION

trying to find the magic
Winter break had been productive, school-wise, but at an utter standstill in terms of Zarina's power research. James had been busy entertaining his mother or something (he hadn't given her many details, to her disappointment, both personal and professional) and without her partner in this, she'd been a little hesitant to push much more on her own. She might have anyway, if it hadn't been for the looming deadline of college applications (she was only really interested in the early admission application she'd sent for Elias, but it had seemed foolish to not apply to a few others, just in case circumstances changed) and the bitter cold that had left her unwilling to venture outside too often.

For now, she was looking forward to getting back into the routine of school again, but an itch that had been steadily building all year was starting to become impossible to ignore. Just one more semester, and now that it was closer than ever, time was going intolerably slow. But it was flight that she could control, not time, and so the only thing she could do was grin and bear it. And perhaps try to enjoy herself in the meantime with people like the girl who came up to her now.

Zarina had only known Bella and her group of friends for a relatively short time, but they'd bonded over their curiosity and restlessness. The number of friends Zarina had she could count on one hand, and she knew it was her fault. She was awful at opening up and letting people in, even after four years in one place. But she was changing that with James. Maybe she could do the same with girls closer to her own age. (Not boys her own age, though; the more time she spent with James the more it became evident that she much preferred the company of interesting men instead of immature children.) "Hi Bella," she said with a mirroring smile. "Oh, I was still in town. Just busy, you know? The deadline for the rest of my college applications was the beginning of the year, so I spent a lot of time on that." It was more the fact that, while she appreciated Bella's attempts at integrating Zarina, she just felt a little too much like an outsider when around all of them at once, especially since most of them were younger than her to boot. "How were your holidays?"
tag: BELLA TINKER / star | words: 418 | notes: <3
robb stark

--------------------
Dialect: Northern New England
  pm   email
^
BELLA TINKER
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 09:12 PM
high school student
16 years

THE LOST ONES IN THE NIGHT
Sure, Zarina wasn't necessarily part of their original group, but Bella had never believed in cliques and certainly wasn't going to exclude someone so talented and passionate about figuring out things like the rest of them were! She had noticed that lately, Zarina had been pulling farther and farther away from her, which is part of the reason why Bella chose to just call her out on it instead of beating around the bush. "Hi Bella," Zarina said, mirroring her own smile. "Oh, I was still in town. Just busy, you know? The deadline for the rest of my college applications was the beginning of the year, so I spent a lot of time on that."

Bella nodded in understanding, replying, "That makes sense! Still, you should have come and worked on it around us! A few of the girls are taking summer school classes, so mostly we just spent time in the local coffee shops letting them study while the rest of us talked and caught up with each other. My mom's making me start looking at colleges already, can you believe it?"

It took a while before Bella realized that she was blathering on more than usual and stopped talking, the smile returning to her lips. "The point is, you should have been there with us! Last winter break's memories and all that." Bella really had missed talking with Zarina. While she loved the rest of her friends, there was something about the older girl that she just really connected with. Perhaps it was her curiosity or her persistence in getting to the root of things, but whatever it was, Bella wanted to know more.

"How were your holidays?" Rolling her eyes, Bella scoffed as she remembered the unpleasantness that she had encountered over the break. "Oh, you know, same old family drama." She didn't particularly want to go over the details of Felicity's pathetic attempt at spending Christmas with her, so Bella immediately changed the subject. "Anyways, they finally released the theme for the Sadie Hawkins dance! Who are you taking?"

ZARINA DELAHAYE | WC: 344 | JANUARY 2017 | tell me whatchu want, what you really really want

--------------------
| | |
  pm
^
♔ZARINA DELAHAYE
 Posted: Mar 9 2018, 05:18 PM
UNIVERSITY STUDENT
18 years

trying to find the magic
Honestly, the thought of studying while chatting at a coffee shop had zero appeal to Zarina. If they were all doing the same assignments, or even talking about the same subjects, sure! That'd be great, actually. But just idle chit-chat? It'd be more likely to just break her focus and make her frustrated instead of having fun. But even she knew that wouldn't be a fair response to Bella, so she just smiled apologetically. "Sorry I missed it? But hey, if you need help with college applications, I can definitely give you tips!" Especially if Bella knew what she was going to study.

The eye-roll that hadn't accompanied the mention of Bella's mom made its appearance now, answering Zarina's unvoiced question of which mom Bella had been referring to earlier. As she'd assumed, the lack of disdain in her friend's voice had pointed to Mary, not Bella's birth mom. "I guess I don't really know. Perks to divorced parents, I guess," she said, a lame attempt at a joke. Her only real memories of family drama were old enough that she could barely remember anything beyond the feeling of anxiety, hurt, and confusion. Going off of what very little Bella shared about her own family drama, though, Zarina didn't feel like she was missing anything at all.

"Sadie Hawkins?" she repeated. Maybe it was just a sign of how buried in her own things she'd been, but she'd actually forgotten there was going to be a dance in the coming weeks. Then again, it could have just been a sign of her complete lack of interest: why spend the night with a bunch of teenagers awkwardly "dancing" to music when there were so many more interesting things to spend her time with? "I don't know that I'll go, honestly. Besides, it's not like I have anyone to ask." Absurdly, her mind jumped to James, and she had to smother the blush that was starting to rise. It made sense: they'd been spending plenty of time together on the power experiments, and she wasn't blind! He was charming and handsome in his own, slightly unconventional way. But even if she did like him romantically, which clearly she didn't, asking him to a high school dance would be an incredibly stupid move. "I guess you're going, though?" she said hastily, hoping to direct the conversation and her mind away from that train of thought.
tag: BELLA TINKER / star | words: 416 | notes: yikes i only realised like a week ago that i owed this for some reason <3
robb stark

--------------------
  pm   email
^
BELLA TINKER
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 08:46 PM
high school student
16 years

JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH
Bella felt as if there was something that was keeping Zarina distant from the rest of the group of friends, but she didn't try to think too much on it. She was certain that Zarina belonged with them, even if the other didn't quite think the same. Zarina just smiled apologetically, responding, "Sorry I missed it? But hey, if you need help with college applications, I can definitely give you tips!" Bella laughed a bit, shrugging. "I'm not, but I bet some of the others are! I'm sure that they'd love tips; from what I've heard it's very confusing!" She wasn't quite thinking about college applications just yet, but she did know that a few of her friends had been working on them over the break.

Bella hadn't explicitly stated that she was talking about her real mother (aka not Felicity), but Zarina seemed to have determined that on her own. "I guess I don't really know. Perks to divorced parents, I guess," she said, a lame attempt at a joke. While Bella didn't find it funny (she couldn't imagine her parents not being together) she did smile, showing that she knew Zarina was trying to make an effort and she did appreciate it.

However, she was more than happy to switch topics to something that she was more interested in: the upcoming Sadie Hawkins dance. To her disappointment, Zarina didn't seem nearly as excited about it as she was. "I don't know that I'll go, honestly. Besides, it's not like I have anyone to ask." While her words denied it, Zarina's blushing cheeks said otherwise, causing Bella to raise an eyebrow, looking at Zarina knowingly.

"I guess you're going, though?" she said hastily, obviously hoping to change the direction of their conversation but Bella wasn't about to let her go that easily. Zarina clearly liked someone, and it was Bella's duty as her friend to ensure that she asked him to this dance! After all, what else was a Sadie Hawkins meant for if it wasn't for a girl confessing her feelings for someone? "Yes, of course, Dash finally agreed to go with me after I asked him, but enough about me," Bella said, a sly smile on her face. "You're going with us, and you're taking that guy with you, the one you were just thinking about. Don't even try to deny it; I saw you blushing! So? Who is he??"

ZARINA DELAHAYE | WC: 403 | OUTFIT | your characters get no chill from bella today haha

--------------------
| | |
  pm
^
♔ZARINA DELAHAYE
 Posted: May 6 2018, 02:05 PM
UNIVERSITY STUDENT
18 years

trying to find the magic
'Confusing' wasn't exactly the word Zarina would use. Overwhelming, yes. Intimidating, maybe. She shrugged. "I mean, at least with most schools using CommonApp now it's not as confusing a process. For me, the hardest thing was just figuring out what, exactly, to write about, especially for the schools that had a word count limit." While her enthusiasm was her biggest academic strength, it was also a huge weakness; she had a very hard time being concise about things about which she just had so much to say. "Plus my portfolios for chemistry programs. I don't know what major you and the others are thinking of, but hopefully that won't be as applicable? Just point them in my direction if they have questions, I guess."

The joke about divorced parents went over awkwardly, as she probably should have expected, but to Zarina's relief, Bella didn't dwell on it, quickly moving past it to the subject of the dance. It wasn't a surprise to hear that Bella was going with Dash, though Zarina had thought they were currently in the 'off' part of their on-again-off-again thing (though she honestly hadn't ever paid it that much attention). What was a surprise was how sly and knowing Bella's smile turned. Apparently the tiny detour Zarina's mind had taken had not gone unnoticed. Why was it people could be so oblivious about some things and so observant about all the wrong ones?

She shrugged, remaining deliberately nonchalant. Trying to avoid the question or make it seem like a big secret would be the wrong move. Hopefully, making it seem like it wasn't that big of a deal would be just average enough for Bella to be uninterested. "It's not like that. I've just been working on a project with a guy and... you know, he's not bad looking? And smart. But he's older than me, so he wouldn't be interested in some dumb high school dance." Not that she was going to ask him to confirm that. That was the last thing she needed, reminding James that she was still some silly high school girl. In their little side project, he saw her as an equal. An adult. An intellectual. A dance in a school building with frilly dresses, weak punch, giggling girls, and lame music would ruin that in a second. "Not that I'm interested in him that way, anyway." (Maybe if she convinced Bella of that, she could also convince herself.) "I'd much rather go stag."
tag: BELLA TINKER / star | words: 431 | notes: sure zarina keep telling yourself that <3
robb stark

--------------------
  pm   email
^
BELLA TINKER
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 07:37 AM
high school student
16 years

GOLDEN DAYS
"I mean, at least with most schools using CommonApp now it's not as confusing a process. For me, the hardest thing was just figuring out what, exactly, to write about, especially for the schools that had a word count limit. Plus my portfolios for chemistry programs. I don't know what major you and the others are thinking of, but hopefully that won't be as applicable? Just point them in my direction if they have questions, I guess." Sometimes, Bella had absolutely no idea what Zarina was talking about, and this was most definitely one of those times. Zarina being older than the rest of her friends had its downsides, but Bella was determined to involve her in the group regardless so she just smiled and nodded like she understood, quickly moving on and changing the subject to the upcoming dance.

Zarina shrugged in response to Bella's questioning, as was expected. She didn't tend to reveal much about herself, and this was no exception--that didn't mean that Bella wasn't going to at least try to figure out what was happening. It was rare for Zarina to show interest in anyone, let alone a boy, so Bella was more than curious about who could have caught her friend's attention and what kind of person he was. "It's not like that. I've just been working on a project with a guy and... you know, he's not bad looking? And smart. But he's older than me, so he wouldn't be interested in some dumb high school dance."

Bella raised an eyebrow, asking with a smirk on her face, "Not bad looking, huh? I think that's the first compliment you've ever given a guy. Besides, how could you know he's not interested if you haven't asked him yet?" Sure, he might reject her, but in Bella's opinion, it was better to ask and find out rather than ignore it and wonder 'what if?'. "Not that I'm interested in him that way, anyway. I'd much rather go stag." "But it would be so much fun for us all to go together, don't you think?" Bella said, her eyes sparkling with anticipation. "The rest of us have dates, and I don't want you to feel left out. Just ask, what harm could it do?"

She paused for a moment, thinking before an idea struck her. "Or, if you're too nervous to do it, I can ask him for you! What's his name? Does he go to EU?"

ZARINA DELAHAYE | WC: 410 | OUTFIT | bella is determined if nothing else

--------------------
| | |
  pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options     add reply   new topic   new poll

• c
  • b
  • o
  • x
administratormoderator
BE RESPECTFUL AND NO SPAMMING!
join us on discord!
remote cbox