1. RESPECT. Everyone is here to have fun -- don't ruin that for anyone, regardless of who they play, how long they've been on the site, how long they've roleplayed, etc. If you can't get along, take it off the site.
2. Basic rules for registering and applying:
- Registered names will automatically change to be in uppercase, however if your name contains a special character (e.g. accent) please use the uppercase version of that letter. Eg: MICKEY MOUSE. This will be your character's "real name", not necessarily the name of the animated character.
- Characters may be anywhere from 14 and up in age. Any children below that age must be NPCs.
- Reservations on the canon list last four days and are not automatically renewed. If you need more time, simply ask for an extension in your canon claim.
- After you've finished, please wait to post anywhere else until we've sorted your application! It usually takes us about a day to review and application and get it sorted, but may take a little longer if you are answering a want ad, since we check with the want ad owner before sorting your character. In addition, even if there's not a want ad, if it's a canon with major ties to existing characters, we tend to err on the site of caution and check with them too.
. We are not an Animated Spirits roleplay (where the 'animated world' exists somewhere), but rather a personified one. You are essentially taking the animated character, giving them a modern day backstory and sticking them on Elias Island. Concerning characters, the NAME, play by, powers, personality, and history
should be as close a match as realistically possible to the animated character you've chosen. The name particularly we prefer to stay as close to canon as possible, even if it's not a common name, to an extent. Obviously, some modernization is expected, since the site is taking place in a modern day setting rather than any magical lands. If you need some help with this, feel free to ask any of the admins. We'd be happy to lend a hand!
Please note we take only the original animated movies as canon
. Extra-canon things like information given in interviews, television shows (Disney animated ones and derivative works like Once Upon A Time), live-action movies (Disney and otherwise), Broadway shows, and tie-in novels can be used if there are blanks, but should there be any contradiction, go with what the movie establishes as that is the canon we're judging based on.
. For account avatars, they should be exactly 250x350 pixels
. If you need help resizing an image, or creating an appropriately sized avatar, the admins can definitely help - check out this thread
. Also, try to keep the animated character gifs roughly 500x300 or 245x160
, because the image will be stretched all wonky when you hover over your avatar.
. Characters are allowed to have up to TWO powers. Meaning, if you want them to only have one, that's fine, but they can have no more than two. As soon as the earthquake happens, everyone who sets foot on the Island starts to gain powers and yes, they have to have them. There aren't any civilians without them.
. Here at ELIAS ISLAND we have no character limit; however, please only take on as many characters as you have the time for. Activity checks are conducted monthly. You must have at least one post per character per month
. If the admins feel activity is an issue, we may ask you to drop a character. Further information on how activity checks are conducted can be found here
Once you have a character accepted, you must have at least a shipper and two IC posts (not comms) in threads before you can apply as another character. If you have already been through an activity check with us, you must have posted to save all characters in the check. This applies to all new characters after your first.
7. All posts for threads should be written in third person, past tense, please. No first person, no present tense. While we don't have a word count, we still ask that you give the other player something to respond to instead of making one person have to move everything along each post. That being said, we're also more than okay with rapidfire threads. We also ask that you use proper grammar, punctuation, and proper case.
8. We do not accept original characters here on the site. However, we do have an absolutely enormous canon list with hundreds of available characters to choose from, and are more than okay with super minor characters from movies. If you can't find one you like, there's always the option of requesting a new animated movie be put on the list. We do not accept any movies that have live-action sequences in them (such as Enchanted), religious figures (such as Prince of Egypt), conflicting canon (such as the Shrek franchise), or anything whose canon is primarily a form other than animated movies (such as most cartoons like Scooby Doo).
9. We're a mature roleplaying site, now hosted on Jcink Premium service, so know that you may stumble across swearing, sex, drugs, and violence. Explicit threads require a warning in the thread title, but if the prospect bothers you, you might be better off finding another site.
10. HAVE FUN. That's what roleplaying is all about.